Introducing: TEAM FORMAT! - Pilot Event: BEY OR DIE @ Unplugged Expo on 9/27/14

IMO what we do if the judges are playing each other in NC and we don't have a DJ Face member we get a parent or an active member to do it. Honestly it doesn't make to much of a difference, especially if that member has attended multiple events and has judged a match or two.
AS IF rooneyt is actually capable of losing.

This seems like an exciting format Smile
(Aug. 26, 2014  9:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Technically, it is one captain per group of three, and you could have a 'supreme leader' or whatever for your more global team. There are two levels of teams.

There is only one "Captain" per team, no matter what the size. There are "provisional Captains" appointed for every tournament where the Captain is not playing, only because they are needed for the tiebreak procedures.

(Aug. 26, 2014  10:15 PM)LMAO Wrote: What happens if we run out of judges? In the case that all the judges in a specific area are battling at once because tree team is in a battle, who would judge? None of the players on any of the 2 teams would be able to judge because they could probably judge in favour of their own team.

We'll have to talk about this.

(Aug. 27, 2014  12:07 AM)BrioShield Wrote: AS IF rooneyt is actually capable of losing.

He is The Legend, after all.
I really like this idea, but too bad the Melbourne scene has died out and bladers are nowhere to be found.
We actually had quite a few teams already.
Nice! just a good new! Hah I already got my team! hope Kai-V the next tournament would be a team battles Grin it could be wonderfull!
Sorry I didn't quite understand how a tie can happen in a best of 3 Teams thing. So how does a tie occur. The example didn't make sense to me. Can you explain it a little further?
I knew in time this would happen im so happy I hope my first tourney I get to do a team with my brother
(Aug. 27, 2014  3:04 PM)LordRager Wrote: Sorry I didn't quite understand how a tie can happen in a best of 3 Teams thing. So how does a tie occur. The example didn't make sense to me. Can you explain it a little further?
So each beyblade battle is made up of up to 5 rounds, and it is your goal to win 3. Each of these round wins go to your teams total "score." Let's say that Bob, Jim, and Harvey are on a team. Bob loses 3-2, Jim wins 3-0, and Harvey loses 3-1. Bob won 2, Jim won 3, and Harvey won 1. The total wins is 6. They also lost a combined total of six, meaning they tied with the other team.
(Aug. 27, 2014  7:36 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  3:04 PM)LordRager Wrote: Sorry I didn't quite understand how a tie can happen in a best of 3 Teams thing. So how does a tie occur. The example didn't make sense to me. Can you explain it a little further?
So each beyblade battle is made up of up to 5 rounds, and it is your goal to win 3. Each of these round wins go to your teams total "score." Let's say that Bob, Jim, and Harvey are on a team. Bob loses 3-2, Jim wins 3-0, and Harvey loses 3-1. Bob won 2, Jim won 3, and Harvey won 1. The total wins is 6. They also lost a combined total of six, meaning they tied with the other team.
Ok that sums it up. Thank You!
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:30 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:26 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: One question - why exactly does the opposing team decide which of your players will represent you in a tiebraker?

Opposing teams will probably choose whoever they think the weakest Blader is; this means that two strong Bladers cannot expect to carry a team by themselves. Everyone has to be equally prepared.

Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Good call.

OK, so here's a question I can't seem to figure out the answer to:

If teams are only allowed to compete once per month, does that mean they have to wait a 30-day period after attending an event, or that they can only participate once in each individual month of the year.

For example, if Dark, SS1 and I competed at GT on... say, Saturday August 31st, could we go up to Virginia the next day on Sunday September 1st and compete again since each event was held in a separate month?
(Aug. 28, 2014  5:00 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:30 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:26 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: One question - why exactly does the opposing team decide which of your players will represent you in a tiebraker?

Opposing teams will probably choose whoever they think the weakest Blader is; this means that two strong Bladers cannot expect to carry a team by themselves. Everyone has to be equally prepared.

Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Good call.

OK, so here's a question I can't seem to figure out the answer to:

If teams are only allowed to compete once per month, does that mean they have to wait a 30-day period after attending an event, or that they can only participate once in each individual month of the year.

For example, if Dark, SS1 and I competed at GT on... say, Saturday August 31st, could we go up to Virginia the next day on Sunday September 1st and compete again since each event was held in a separate month?
So since there's 12 months in a year, you have a total of 12 team ternaments you can go to for a year, but you can only participate in a team format ternament once a month which includes your other team members as wellSmile
Oh, one other question:

If players come to a team format tournament without a team, and they get grouped as groups of 3, do they actually have to create their own permanent team and pick a captain, or are they just grouped temporarily for the event so that they can participate?

Like say Blader Light, TigeroftheWest and Defstamina88 show up to a team event in NC, but they have no team to compete with (let's pretend for a minute here that Def isn't on GT), and they get grouped together. Do they have to form an actual team? I mean, whoever the captain is didn't exactly get to pick the players, and they're just being grouped so they can participate.

On the other hand, I guess technically the team captain could just request that the team be liquidated immediately after the event is over.

Also, with the whole team accounts thing - if a team is liquidated, will their account be deleted?
Well, if players show up to team format ternament, without any team members, so for example: let's just say 3 guys were the remaining amount of participants without a team, they will be paired up into a team of 3, and they will disscuss who will be the team captain, but with your question, i'm pretty sure i'm right with this, but you would have to create a permanent team and pick a captain for that event, becuase you can only participate once a month for a team format ternament.
And ya, you would just be paired up, the team captain thing wouldn't matter in that case, but if you want a team captain, you can have one, it just wouldn't matter in that caseSmile
OK, along with my other two questions (which I would still like answered by a committee member if any of you guys have a couple minutes), can 3 players get together and form a temporary team so that they can participate, without having to actually commit to a permanent one?
If I would like to create a team with my two cousins, would I need to make a thread in the teams category and explain it and everything? We already have our team decided
(Aug. 28, 2014  5:00 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: OK, so here's a question I can't seem to figure out the answer to:

Unless the rest of the Committees disagree, I think it's more sensible to have it limited to separate months. Ie: Once in August, once in September, etc. Regardless of the dates. Besides the obvious reason that WBO events tend to vary in dates from the beginning to the end of months, it's also much easier for all of us to keep track.

(Aug. 28, 2014  9:05 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Oh, one other question:

If players come to a team format tournament without a team, and they get grouped as groups of 3, do they actually have to create their own permanent team and pick a captain, or are they just grouped temporarily for the event so that they can participate?

Like say Blader Light, TigeroftheWest and Defstamina88 show up to a team event in NC, but they have no team to compete with (let's pretend for a minute here that Def isn't on GT), and they get grouped together. Do they have to form an actual team? I mean, whoever the captain is didn't exactly get to pick the players, and they're just being grouped so they can participate.

On the other hand, I guess technically the team captain could just request that the team be liquidated immediately after the event is over.

Also, with the whole team accounts thing - if a team is liquidated, will their account be deleted?

The incidental team will still need to pick a captain. The captain is still bound to the team, incidental or not.

The following rules from the OP still stand:

(Aug. 26, 2014  3:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Team Captains
  • Each team must designate one member as the “Captain”.
  • Captains can only join one team, for life. So, think carefully before you decide to form your own team; in many ways you have more freedom as a regular team member. This is important to prevent the possibility of a team of three slowly removing/adding members and then one day ending up with three entirely different members. This way, three new members can't take over a highly ranked team as their own. There is always a link back to the 'soul' of the team if the Captain remains.
  • Should a Captain choose to dissolve a team, their ranking will be nullified entirely and the team will cease to exist. One exception that will be made is if a Captain chooses to retire from Beyblade. In this case, he or she can pass on the leadership to another member, but only if the team has 50+ Team BeyBattle wins at that point in time.

It pretty much means that if the team is dissolved, the team itself just won't be listed in the Team Ranking. The team's prior battles and BeyPoints will still be archived. The captain can never lead another team in the future. He/she can then join other teams as members. If the prior captain wants to form another team, then that captain will pick up the old team, right where he/she left off.

The only exception is if the team already has 50+ Team BeyBattle wins, at which point, the leadership can be passed onto another new captain.

(Aug. 29, 2014  3:43 AM)Joshil100 Wrote: If I would like to create a team with my two cousins, would I need to make a thread in the teams category and explain it and everything? We already have our team decided

Although not necessary, it is recommended, just so everybody else knows who the members are, where are you guys based in, etc.
Well then what do we do with players who still want to participate in an event, but don't want to commit to a team? Is there any way that they can form a sort of temporary group that can be dissolved immediately after the event is processed (without penalizing the captain)?
(Aug. 29, 2014  4:30 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Well then what do we do with players who still want to participate in an event, but don't want to commit to a team? Is there any way that they can form a sort of temporary group that can be dissolved immediately after the event is processed (without penalizing the captain)?

Not at the moment. That is why it's important to sign up attendance under teams, instead of individuals. It will save the hosts from the hassle of pairing up the remaining players during the day.

Having said that though, if there are few leftover players who want to participate. Personally I would pick "bouncers" (players who show up once incidentally and most likely never attend again) as the captains for these 'temporary' teams. Every communities have a few of them.

I know it's not the ideal solution, but it's quick fix.
Eh, alright. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks again (that was a lot of questions, hah).
Wow! This is so awesome!Grin
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I'd like to thank the members of the committee (and the members who aren't on the committee) for answering the numerous questions asked in the thread. It can't be easy keeping up with them, haha.
BTW guys, like the regular member names, team names can only consist of 1-15 characters, including "spaces".
So a captain can abandon a team and nullify it to join another, correct?
No, a captain must stay with his team until he retires from beyblade.
That's a pretty stupid rule.
Just delete the team if he doesn't want to be on it anyone. Decision final. Then he can join another.
Seriously, no reason to soul-bond someone to their team.