Introducing: TEAM FORMAT! - Pilot Event: BEY OR DIE @ Unplugged Expo on 9/27/14

(Aug. 26, 2014  4:27 AM)Uwik Wrote: Exciting huh? I bet you guys feel that Sept 27th can't come soon enough to try this new format. Get your Event Proposal rolling for October!

Gonna post an event proposal soon for the team format tournament i am going to host in NYC in November. Very excited!
Already have a feeling this is going to cause controversy over who gets who on their teams.

Let's see how this plays out.
(Aug. 26, 2014  4:28 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: GET HYPE FOR TEAM BATTLES, still have no idea who I would want on my team... LMAO and Jesse why couldn't y'all live closer!

You guys can still be in the same team even if you don't live near each other. Your team can be represented both in Michigan and Toronto!

(Aug. 26, 2014  4:29 AM)ExtremeBlader3 Wrote: This can work if echizen and I create a Texas VS Louisiana Tourney VS someone else? Btw are u able to do just 2 teams?

At the moment, the minimum is 3 teams for a Team Format event. This may change in the future, depending on the outcome of the pilot event (B. O. D.). It could be more, but we are fairly certain that 3 will remain as the minimum.
DJ 2002 - Yeah!SupaburnDJ 2002 - Shock!DJ - Yeah!DJ - Shock!DJ - Fab!
I cannot put into words how excited I am for this! This is literally the best news I've heard all day (and school was cancelled for me today). A big thanks to everyone who made this possible!
I have a question, what is the minimum amount of teams needed to have the Team tournament? Is it a 3 team minimum?
(Aug. 26, 2014  4:53 AM)LMAO Wrote: I have a question, what is the minimum amount of teams needed to have the Team tournament? Is it a 3 team minimum?

Yes, because since the number of members per team is three, having only two teams would mean having only six participants in the tournament, which is not enough for any event.
kewl.
*space reserved
Ok, so just to clarify:
Let's say Team Prune has six members. Three in Narnia and three in Norwegia. If the three in Narnia participate in a tournament, would that count as the teams once per month tournament appearance as a whole, or just for the Narnians?

Please excuse the strange examples.
(Aug. 26, 2014  4:56 AM)Dual Wrote: Ok, so just to clarify:
Let's say Team Prune has six members. Three in Narnia and three in Norwegia. If the three in Narnia participate in a tournament, would that count as the teams once per month tournament appearance as a whole, or just for the Narnians?

Please excuse the strange examples.

That would count as 1 event participation in that month by Team Prune. Either the Narnias branch or the Norwegian branch will have to wait for the next month to participate again in representing Team Prune.
So, the teams we currently have wouldn't want to take an initaitive to have members in several different places? That could be a problem.

Why is that rule in place?

And whats stopping some team from just quitting the larger team, then rejoining the day after the tournament?
Uwik, thank you for clarifying. I'm so glad this is finally a thing, haha.
Well, the global membership is allowed to bring the communities closer. Remember though, it's still up to the Captain if he/she wants to keep the team regional or global.

1. As a captain, it will become more important to carefully delegate the team members to represent the team elsewhere. For example: if the Captain's region is not currently active in a particular month, while there's a large team format event elsewhere.

2. The once a month deal is to prevent a large international team from grinding its way to the top rankings by participating in every event, everywhere. We are trying to keep it fair for the smaller, regional teams as well.
One more question, what would happen in the case that there were 11 people that came to the tournament, however there were only 3 teams. Would the remaining 2 bladers have to find another person somehow, or would they not be able to participate?
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:05 AM)Uwik Wrote: 2. The once a month deal is to prevent a large team from grinding its way to the top rankings by participating in every event, everywhere.

So there will be a seperate Team Ranking?
Hopefully in the future, yes. We will keep an archive of team battles for whatever the future may bring. Unfortunately, with the current plugin, it's not possible to have a separate ranking right now. We can keep an 'official thread' to keep track of the team BP's or performance for the time being.
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:05 AM)LMAO Wrote: One more question, what would happen in the case that there were 11 people that came to the tournament, however there were only 3 teams. Would the remaining 2 bladers have to find another person somehow, or would they not be able to participate?

Well, if the event is advertised as Team Format to begin with. Sign ups will be under 'teams', not individuals.

Additionally:
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:17 AM)Kei Wrote: ”But I don’t have a team!”
Don’t worry! If you plan on attending a Team Format tournament but do not have a team, simply register yourself and we will find team member(s) for you from other players who have registered by themselves, or as groups of two.

Additionally, don't forget that we also have a Team Forum! You can try looking for team members there.
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:11 AM)Uwik Wrote: Hopefully in the future, yes. We will keep an archive of team battles for whatever the future may bring. Unfortunately, with the current plugin, it's not possible to have a separate ranking right now. We can keep an 'official thread' to keep track of the team BP's or performance for the time being.
Ok, so if Team BOB goes 2-3, all the members will lose points or just the people on the team who lost their beybattles
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:14 AM)Ocean Wrote: Ok, so if Team BOB goes 2-3, all the members will lose points or just the people on the team who lost their beybattles

The team will lose points in the Team BeyRanking. However, as was stated in the opening post:

Kei Wrote:Team Format and the BeyPoint System
All individual BeyBattles played within the Team Format will be processed within the BeyPoint System as any BeyBattle in a normal tournament would be.

Any BeyBattle you play as an individual in a team tournament will still count towards your individual BeyRank in the regular system.
Okay last question:

If there were a group of members on a certain team that only compete in "high-profile" tournaments, would they be considered a full member of the team and not be able to participateb
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:14 AM)Ocean Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:11 AM)Uwik Wrote: Hopefully in the future, yes. We will keep an archive of team battles for whatever the future may bring. Unfortunately, with the current plugin, it's not possible to have a separate ranking right now. We can keep an 'official thread' to keep track of the team BP's or performance for the time being.
Ok, so if Team BOB goes 2-3, all the members will lose points or just the people on the team who lost their beybattles

This part explains your question.

(Aug. 26, 2014  3:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Team Format and the BeyPoint System
All individual BeyBattles played within the Team Format will be processed within the BeyPoint System as any BeyBattle in a normal tournament would be.

It basically means the 3 members who participated in that team will have their BeyPoints processed for their matches. Subsequently, the Team matches itself will be archived for possible future processing.
OK, thanks for the answer. Smile
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:18 AM)Echizen Wrote: Okay last question:

If there were a group of members on a certain team that only compete in "high-profile" tournaments, would they be considered a full member of the team and not be able to participateb

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you rephrase your question?
It's kind of a weird question, but say if there were a member apart of a team, but only competed in certain events, therefore not making them a complete member. Or would they have to be a complete member of the team to be effected by the one month rule?
(Aug. 26, 2014  5:30 AM)Echizen Wrote: It's kind of a weird question, but say if there were a member apart of a team, but only competed in certain events, therefore not making them a complete member. Or would they have to be a complete member of the team to be effected by the one month rule?

Wait..do you mean "If a member doesn't show to one tourney but then does at the next, what happens?"?
If that member has represented a team in one month, then that particular team is no longer eligible to participate in that month. That is why the it's up to the Captain's discretion on who gets to represent his/her team, when and where.

That is just trivial individual team politics, to be handled by the Captain.