Poll: Is this Idea

Good
33.33%
Stupid
22.22%
Needs Work
44.44%
Total: 100% 18 vote(s)
Been working on Interchangeable Metal wheel system. not sure how practical it would be. Take a look and let me know what you think.
http://bot22comics.com/anim.html
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Err... Isn't that kind of pointless? No offense, but that's basically just the HWS with an extra part.
So then HMS was just plastics with more metal?
I have to agree that it does seem like an extra layer for no particular gain... are you looking for them to be free spinning, or did you just make them round for the simplicity of the animation?

It's visually appealing, but I'm not clear what the benefit is over the current style of MFB is. Is this meant to be a whole new line, or are they meant to compete equally with MFB? They seem like they might be a bit light.

All that said, I do think your rendering is really cool. How long do these take you?
(Nov. 14, 2010  7:33 PM)Minion Wrote: I have to agree that it does seem like an extra layer for no particular gain... are you looking for them to be free spinning, or did you just make them round for the simplicity of the animation?

It's visually appealing, but I'm not clear what the benefit is over the current style of MFB is. Is this meant to be a whole new line, or are they meant to compete equally with MFB? They seem like they might be a bit light.

All that said, I do think your rendering is really cool. How long do these take you?

a bey with free changing parts would look really cool in a 3d mac studio but it would take some studies and research to see if it could be an adddition to other beys in MFB.
I just meant because there is nothing to secure the metal wheels from spinning/slipping around the (plastic/rubber?). I don't think the pressure from the face bolt would be enough to ensure that the metal ring didn't slide around on impact.

(Nov. 14, 2010  7:42 PM)Jacksonian Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2010  7:33 PM)Minion Wrote: I have to agree that it does seem like an extra layer for no particular gain... are you looking for them to be free spinning, or did you just make them round for the simplicity of the animation?

a bey with free changing parts would look really cool in a 3d mac studio but it would take some studies and research to see if it could be an adddition to other beys in MFB.
(Nov. 14, 2010  7:48 PM)Minion Wrote: I just meant because there is nothing to secure the metal wheels from spinning/slipping around the (plastic/rubber?). I don't think the pressure from the face bolt would be enough to ensure that the metal ring didn't slide around on impact.

(Nov. 14, 2010  7:42 PM)Jacksonian Wrote:

Yeah more peices would have to be made and then a whole lot of funds to back it.<off topic
I kind of predict something similar, but more advanced being used for a newer system if anything actually succeeds HWS.
Alright. Clearly I need to work on this idea some more. Just to clear up some spec issues there would be a lock in groove for the attack and stamina rings, but the defence would be free spinning. Financially for creation this would be just another gimmick blade, probably costing a bit more but allowing a kid who can only afford one bey the ability of a type change without having to buy 3 or 4 blades. Lastly the 3 rings are representations of the three types not the finals.
(Nov. 21, 2010  3:57 AM)username2130 Wrote: Alright. Clearly I need to work on this idea some more. Just to clear up some spec issues there would be a lock in groove for the attack and stamina rings, but the defence would be free spinning. Financially for creation this would be just another gimmick blade, probably costing a bit more but allowing a kid who can only afford one bey the ability of a type change without having to buy 3 or 4 blades. Lastly the 3 rings are representations of the three types not the finals.

I would buy a free spinnin defense wheel any day i had enough money on me. So keep workin eh?
Now if there was a freespinning wheel, I'd buy it so fast, the stock would literally disappear.
In the pic, those rings look familiar...
Oh yeah! They look like parts of metal battlestrikers,
And they also kinda look like sub-attack rings from plastic series beys (like galman).
Anyway, I think that this could be a good idea, but it would need some improving (just a little), and would also require a TON of time to make.
The free spinning defense wheel idea can counter spin stealers. IT'S EPIC

WordsPOSTPOSTPOST
Add bearings and you will (maybe) have a better defender than Libra! Tongue_out