Instruments

Who here plays an instrument? What instrument do you play?

I have used a Stanton T.60 Turntable with Stanton Mixer ($80 model) at one point. It came to me that, I needed a higher end mixer to do more than one scratch technique on my model of mixer. The higher end mixers were generally $500+, and the one I tried out at a store, a Rave mixer, was $1000. I couldn't afford it, so I stopped after I lost interest as well. However, I still have my first record and will not sell it. It still has it's sentimental value.

I also used Garageband for electronically made sounds.

I currently play electric guitar. I use an Ibanez JX40 (starter). I want to try some more Ibanez models when I get better. Anyone know of good guitar review sites? I don't like the drive to the area where the music stores are, because traffic there is ridiculous.
The only instrument I've ever touched is an electric guitar, which might explain why I'm a bit slow with learning things on it. I've been playing for a year and a half now and I'm enjoying in immensely, I just bought a new guitar, a ESP EC-1000. I wont fill the page with pictures but it is a VERY nice guitar, both visually and through performance.

[Image: IMG_2410.jpg]
I play drums. I'm still using my slightly beat-up Pearl Forum set. Should be getting new heads and a new snare one of these days. After that, I'll invest some money in some better cymbals.
I can play the spoons, but only barely.

(I actually used to be able to when I was really little, how the hell did I pick that up?)
[Image: 07ccd482.jpg]

Clockwise from top-left: Violin, yangqin, equipment rack, guzheng
Center: Drumset

I'm not sure what are the makes for the violin, yangqin and guzheng. They are all mid-range instruments. Stating the type for the chinese instruments is probably meaningless on this forum.

Drums are Pearl "Target" series, entry-level drums. I've replaced skins with Remo "Controlled Sound". Snare is Tama "Warlord Collection: Valkyrie" snare. Cymbals, going anti-clockwise from top, are Sabian Fierce Ride 21", Paiste Visions Crash 18", Zildjian Hybrid China 19", Sabian Duo Splash 12" and Zildjian ZXT Heavy Hihats 14". Also, using Tama Iron Cobra Flexiglide double pedal.

On equipment shelf are various axillary percussion on the upper shelf, various sticks/mallets on the next shelf. Lower shelf has, from furthest to nearest, Pearl Target Snare, a metal snare from some obscure brand, misc. spare parts, and a Pearl Philharmonic Snare. This one is as good or better than my Warlord snare, but it isn't applicable for the type of music I usually play.

And... I play the piano, just that I don't have one in my room.
Instruments: Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Drums, Bass, a little bit of trumpet.

I have'nt played my Guitar for awhile(Hospital right now).

I have like 4-5 guitars.
I used to be able to play the organ but haven't for years after my dad accidently blew it up whilst trying to fix it.
My Ibanez JX40 and Ibanez amp. Lots of gain and bass along with Open G tuning.

[Image: 1002472dr5.th.jpg]

[Image: 1002473aw3.th.jpg]
Trumpet (been playing for a little over 7 years now) is my main instrument, but I play a lot of drums (about 3 years now) and I've been messing with bass a little bit.
I play the Piano, not superfantastic, just average. I also can play a bit of bass. Currently don't really have time to play instruments, but I wish I could play more and improve.
Trumpet. I haven't picked it up in two years though so I'm a bit rusty.
I used to play piano when I was 7 up until I was probably 11. I didn't improve much at all because I didn't really enjoy it.

Right now I play the guitar. I've been playing for almost three years. My setup is pretty basic. I have a custom black '72 Fender Telecaster Deluxe, a Digitech RP80 (which I just used to get a nice rock tone) and a Fender Frontman 25R amp.
Ack.

Anyone know of any good guitar string brands for the electric guitar? I need to replace mine.

I also think one of the humbucker's springs is out of place and that particular humbucker is slanting downward. Should I fix this myself, or get it repaired at the shop?
I've got an OoT-replica ocarina I've slowly been learning to play. Last week I played Happy Birthday on it for my girlfriend, and on New Year's I played Auld Lang Syne. XD I mostly still suck at playing it, but like I said, I'm learning.

Also, and I know it doesn't count as playing an instrument, but on the bus I drum my fingers against railings to my music. XD

In elementary I played the trombone for two years, as well. I missed school the day instruments were assigned and it was all that was left. I didn't mind; it was easy enough.
I play my Squier J-Bass (yeah, so it's Squier, but sounds great). Did play piano, haven't for a while.
Bass= <3
I play guitar. I have a standard strat, cherryburst finish, and a Carmick [really carp acoustic] I'm looking into getting a faded LP.
Piano for 4 years
Violin for 8 years and still going.
Got into the selective chamber/performing orchestra at my school (Sterling Strings) which gets hired for gigs around here. Here's a vid of us haha
bugturtles Wrote:Ack.

Anyone know of any good guitar string brands for the electric guitar? I need to replace mine.

I also think one of the humbucker's springs is out of place and that particular humbucker is slanting downward. Should I fix this myself, or get it repaired at the shop?

I know this is late and you probably already changed your strings but Dean Markley and D'Addario are good brands of strings. I'm not an expert on the best sub-brands and gauges or whatnot.

I use Dean Markley Blue Steel regular gauge strings. They're pretty expensive, but I've heard they're pretty durable.
I've played guitar for 3 years now, I've got a Jackson DX10D Dinky, BOSS GT-8 and a rubbish Line 6 Spider II 30 Watt, hope to be getting a new amp eventually though Smile
I learned most of Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home today GrinGrinGrinGrin
I've played bass guitar for the past few years. Currently at Grade 4/5? Though it doesn't really mean much to me if you can't utilise your own thoughts into playing. I play a Gibson Tobias Pro... will have to take a few pictures at some point.
[Image: 75ecf8d4.jpg]

New cowbell.

New snare stand (and consequently, my other snare can finally join in)