Initial D

It's a really old anime and manga that started sometime in the 90's. It's about 13 years old now (1995. wow!)!

I really like this series. I have been watching the anime for a while, and just now I have finished the First Stage.

Starting Second Stage now.

I like this series because it does not have the "chosen main character has no power then suddenly for some ridiculous reason gains an infinite amount of power and can beat all odds" formula.

The main character is good since the start, and gains skill and improves over the series. Races between characters are won based on technicalities; such as heat wear on wheels, traction, weather, car setups, etc; not on magic or just because they are the main character.

Spoiler: As I have not seen Takumi lose yet, I am expecting him to. In the last episode of 26, he would have lost if he did not remember the 'other gutter driving" technique.
This series has brought about the demise of far too many classic Japanese sports cars.

carp doriftu.
^ while yes its sad, many more cars are lost while people are not having fun so...
besides it the impressionable idiots that over stepped their boundaries fault.
;p

Inital D is a good series (still a little cliche, but I know what you mean), though I have a dvd of First stage, I watched all of 4th Stage.
4th stages kick so much carp, mostly straight racing and strategy. Battle stages rock too.
not to mention Eurobeat is KiLLER.
The series is alright, I've seen a few eps, but when it comes to the arcade games, I prefer Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune. Tongue_out

I have to admit though, Initial D has some of the best music I've ever carp heard. Gamble Rumble ftw. Smile
I have the first four volumes of the manga and I loved it back when I was into it.

Also, if I were a line of color in this manga, I would totally sleep with the main characters dad (I can't remember the MC's name).

Just sayin'.
Blue Wrote:Inital D is a good series (still a little cliche, but I know what you mean), though I have a dvd of First stage, I watched all of 4th Stage.
4th stages kick so much carp, mostly straight racing and strategy. Battle stages rock too.

I skipped Extra Stage (happens between 2nd and a bit through 3rd) because I don't really want to know about Mako and her partner or whatever.

I didn't really like 3rd Stage at all. I'm getting a little into 4th, and I think it's great. Just that: (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOI-) the episodes i've seen so far, takumi only loses once? what

Eurobeat definitely gets me in the mood for some car drifting and racing action.

Roan Wrote:I have the first four volumes of the manga and I loved it back when I was into it.

Also, if I were a line of color in this manga, I would totally sleep with the main characters dad (I can't remember the MC's name).

Just sayin'.

Bunta is carp awesome man.

And every time he appears, he's smoking lmfao

Speaking of which, the manager/boss of the gas station seems really fly.
Bunta is a certified badass, keep the akina ledgend on the DLLLLLLLLLLL. haha
you know the gas station owner is alright, imo he s more like a second wheel always reacting to what Bunta says..

yo just wait unitl you see Bunta's next car.. SmileSmile
Blue Wrote:^ while yes its sad, many more cars are lost while people are not having fun so...
besides it the impressionable idiots that over stepped their boundaries fault.
;p

Inital D is a good series (still a little cliche, but I know what you mean), though I have a dvd of First stage, I watched all of 4th Stage.

psst, i was joking ;D

As irritating as I find a lot of ricers, the big thing that gets me is how dangerous street racing/drifting is. I mean, I'm sure that's a big part of the thrill and stuff, but when I heard that the guy who did the videos that launched it back in the day was advocating keeping it to the track, I was really happy.

(and i'm pretty sure my beloved old datsuns suck for drifting, anyway)
yeah I know thus I included that ';p' @ the end.

lol yea old datsuns aren't ideal, but anything can drift.
im sure theres at least one on youtube
GOD HAND BABY!

Keiichi just said keep it on the track so they would let him race again :p

I'll get my FC one day, damnit!

Btw, I saw this dorifto beamer the other day. Coolest. Thing. Ever.
yo Initial D the good stuff just love that anime i have seasons 1 and 2 and movie and season 4 on dvds
do u guys know that stage 5 is currently airing in japan?
I've seen the Initial D movie and it is EPIC.

Anyone have a favorite Initial D car?Mines the Nissan Skyline R-32 GTR.I've always been a fan of Skylines.
Pretty old thread, but does anyone watch this show anymore? Its really good. Especially the first seasons, even though they were pretty old