Incompetent members, what should we do?

(Jul. 18, 2011  1:50 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: Hero Omg, that combo is sick, is it called L Drago? The reason for that sarcasm was there are a few people that think faces have names, then name the bey after the face...
Oh my god, I hate when people call the bey by the face. What if it was blank, hmmm, what now newb that says the name is the face, hmmmm?!
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:50 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:47 AM)Hero Wrote: Hah. I hate even more these customization threads:

"Hi, i hav this really reallly really strong combo that beats everytging. i tried it agianst my brothers storm pegasus, l drago, and earth virgo in pegasus thunder whip. here it is
face bolt: L drago
energy ring: wolf
fusion wheel: l drago
track: 105
tip: q

try it yourself, its really strong !!!!"

Q. Thats.... Just..... Sad.

Q is not that bad if you have Extremly high Skill maybe even more harder to control than XF but it's possible and Pretty much to get new members we are going to waste alot of time showing them every possible thing the Top Tiers The AQGA Thread and Build me a Combo thread and Stadiums and TT and Sonokong and I think the MFB tiers list even to show them everything which would take to much time I feel this is impossible sadly unless People work for months like a school project or harer showing all of the above allso A video would be good but it's alot of time 5-10 year olds would get bored they would need to be blading to keep them interested which would overall destroy the purpose also SOrry I am prabaly one of the problems for grammer spelling errors sorry.
i had Flame Byxis with the face and this noob comes up to me and goes... AAWWW MMAAHHH GOODD you HAS WATER WOLF.

I stared at him and was like "WHAT THE F*** IS WATERWOLF"

so i go and scratch off the sticker and the next day he recognises it and goes AWWW MAAAHH GOD ITS A NOTHING BEYBLADE!!! I'VE HEARD THATS LEGENDARY

*facepalm*
I, am willing to make this video.

I could make it look professional, screen capture of course, robotize my voice as well... possibly at least.

What I would do is, 1. Take a peak thru the intro thread. Like, I would make a proper intro and that suff.

2. Go to Beyblade General and show what topics you can make, and how to discuss about a Beyblade

3. When I go to customization part of forum, I will tell them how you test, proper stadiums, what to do, what not to do.

4. Go to Bey market place.

5. Visit the WBO Rules.

6. Good Luck.

What do you guys think? I can do it. HD, Good Voice, what else ?

Sorry for grammar, on slow computer
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:02 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: i had Flame Byxis with the face and this noob comes up to me and goes... AAWWW MMAAHHH GOODD you HAS WATER WOLF.

I stared at him and was like "WHAT THE F*** IS WATERWOLF"

so i go and scratch off the sticker and the next day he recognises it and goes AWWW MAAAHH GOD ITS A NOTHING BEYBLADE!!! I'VE HEARD THATS LEGENDARY

*facepalm*
Waterwolf is real, isn't it? Crying
On a more serial note, I must say, I hate it when newbs say they know about a certain bey (ex: Earth Aquila/Eagle) and go right ahead and say that uncustomized bey is unstoppable. I've heard at least fifty people say Earth Eagle is the greatest bey ever, then they see someone like Driger GT beat it and then they're like "You're a cheat, you can't beat Eagle!". That's annoying.
@BBS That's a good idea, but of course you'd have to get it accepted. Show them how not to post, how to post (As in show them the correct quality of a post), etc.
*gulp*

if waterwolf is real i owe that kid a serious apology
BeybladeStation
yeah you should do that
There should be a system where after you register you are automatically taken to the rules & guidelines. At the bottom, there would be a continue button and after it is clicked, you are taken to a test. If you don't pass the test, you are not allowed to post until you pass and if not passed, you can try a week later.

It's harsh but hey, at least that way they know what to post and what not to post.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:24 AM)iBeyblader Wrote: There should be a system where after you register you are automatically taken to the rules & guidelines. At the bottom, there would be a continue button and after it is clicked, you are taken to a test. If you don't pass the test, you are not allowed to post until you pass and if not passed, you can try a week later.

It's harsh but hey, at least that way they know what to post and what not to post.

I agree with you iBeyblader but you must score at LEAST 60% to pass and Be able to post, you get as many chances at the test as you need, and if you score 100% you get a face or SOMETHING.

EDIT: As bunnii said we should get to try the test to as we should get the face too.
yeah but then all new members would get a face and we wont... unless we can do it too.
A face for coming to the site? No, that won't happen. Faces are to be earned of good achievements, not for just joining and maybe not even logging in ever again.

I will make the video, I will show it to Kai-V, I do not know what her thought/position on this idea is.
well besides the video any other suggestions? i really like my quiz idea..
Why a face? Also I don't think it's quite easy there will be a shed load of annoying encoding to get that to work, and 90% sounds better...
Face Idea?
Bad Idea.
I know when I got my Rose Face, I felt like a total pro, and I felt cocky.
The new users will feel the same way, act cocky, and that won't help their attitude here Libruhhh
60%? No. That's a D by most scoring systems, I'd say they need to get a 75%+ AT LEAST. If they get 100%? Well, that, I don't know about. But a face doesn't sound like a great idea, and if someone were to create a "spreadsheet" or something with all of the answers, unless the questions were random, then that wouldn't really work... A week not being able to post? I'd say 2-3 days sounds sufficient enough IMO.
Just thinking out loud Tongue_out

@BBS
Make teh vid, and make a thread here for all the users to see. Then we can all judge and see if it needs anything else, and so we can give some criticism on it Tongue_out
It's not out loud from my POV Tongue_out
A face wouldn't be worth it. They'd see a face, think 'Oh, I'm the shiz now. I don't need to contribute, I have a face here.', and never log in again. For the test, I'd say 80 or higher, getting a B- is tough to do for some people, especially the ignorant people that join here nowadays.
I said OR SOMETHING. So like... carp I can't think of anything else. Also yes Random Question's. I never said a week not being able to post. I meant like not being able to post until you passed I will edit and you get as many chances to pass as you need.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:33 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: yeah but then all new members would get a face and we wont... unless we can do it too.

Everyone, including current members should/have to take the test. That way say if a good member here had started to rust up, they'd go over the rules again and be a good poster again and if your score/grade was perfect, you'd get a face for it.
Not sure if MyBB Forums have that application, either.

That'd be cool though, but no award is needed.
I guess that's an ok idea. But Personally, I don't like the idea of Kai-V having to hand out every single one... There are a lot of members here if you haven't noticed, XD And for an automatic face dispenser, would take even MORE coding.
plus it could stuff up and start giving everyone faces XD
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:51 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I guess that's an ok idea. But Personally, I don't like the idea of Kai-V having to hand out every single one... There are a lot of members here if you haven't noticed, XD And for an automatic face dispenser, would take even MORE coding.

Yeah, but you can only take the test once and once you pass bit not perfectly, you'd have screwed yourself out of getting a rare face. It's not like everybody can get a 100%. Also, to prevent cheating, the test would be random. Everybody gets a different test.
Ill,be posting a vid up soon
yeah but how many random quizzes could you pull from the rules... its not that long...
Guys, I'm over 100% sure no one will be getting a face for signing up. As I said, you have to earn faces .
Sometimes people don't come back again after the second they make an account.

Now, making an intro PM linking to a video that unlocks the website is good to me.
Yerp, gonna go with BBS on this. Taking a test and passing by reading a couple paragraphs?
That's an achivement?
Nope.avi
Sorry, but I don't like the face idea lol.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:59 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: yeah but how many random quizzes could you pull from the rules... its not that long...

Well, you'd make as many questions as possible from the rules, and you don't use them all, in one quiz there would be 12-15 questions. Maybe more.

And let me make a little change to my idea. Everyone EXCEPT Mods and Admins would take the quiz as becoming a mod takes a lot of excellent posts and handling of bad posts and members.