[Illinois/Chicago, USA] Calling Illinois/Chicago Bladers

Poll: Would you attend a qualifier for the WBO North American Championship on Sunday April 28th?

Yes, I'm free and will go!
60.00%
No, that's a bad day for me.
40.00%
Total: 100% 25 vote(s)
(Feb. 09, 2013  4:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2013  4:50 PM)l-dragodestroy9 Wrote: I don't have experience either, but I have done stuff like hosting a tournament before. You need leadership to do it well. You just need to keep calm and not loose your temper. If you can do that, the rest is simple. Believe me I know what I am talking about.

And I can basically confirm this. You will just need to minimally manage a crowd, be able to organise matches well despite the situation, and generally know a lot about Beyblade.

Thank you! Someone agrees with me!
(Feb. 09, 2013  6:10 PM)Xavblade Wrote: What time and place is it going to be at? I might be able to come
We are still trying to figure that out.
yes that is true you do need leadership also you cant be afraid to speak up... I know this because of the fact that I am a soccer goalie so I have to have leadership atleast with my defensive line, you may not get the response your expecting from ppl so you have to be prepared and never let things get the best of you so you can remain calm and properly think of all your options available to you and also just because you mess up once it isnt the end of the world.... you just move forward and try again... the implortant thing is not to quit and give up just because something didn't go according to plan.... not everything goes the way we want it too but never give up on it
Okay not everyone needs to or is required to agree with me.
Guys, there is a lot of hype now, you should really not lose this momentum. Just find a park with a sort of 'band shell' to go under in case it rains, and do a tournament soon.
(Feb. 10, 2013  4:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Guys, there is a lot of hype now, you should really not lose this momentum. Just find a park with a sort of 'band shell' to go under in case it rains, and do a tournament soon.

I know where one is too! Unfortuatley, its outdoors. (poop)
I have posted a place in this thread. It's outdoors but maybe in march we could have the tournament. It's in a park at Oak Park, Niles.
niles is pretty far for me wheres fury he has expierience with hosting and we could use the last location with him. also how about that park in schamberg we have had like three tournys there before, and it should be warmer around the time this is finally organized.

P.S. doesnt hosting also require ordering prizes and transfering money?
I just realized that I cannot host, but should hopefully still be able to come.
(Feb. 11, 2013  3:43 AM)scout25 Wrote: I just realized that I cannot host, but should hopefully still be able to come.
Ditto. I can't host. I can only help with location. I am still working on ideas though so no worries there.
why dont we figure some of the location of the bladers that are really intending to go and then choose the location most convient for all,, yes theres oak brook, shaumberg, also mickinly park, idk, shaumberg is farther from me than oak brook but like i said how about somewhere more convinient for all, depending on where it is and when, I may just be able too and ill try hosting it, Id rather have someone more experinaced do it and ill help with the rest perferably.
Yes we would all want someone experienced to do it...but as Kai v said there isn't anyone so we should just do it ourselves.
Light bulb! I know a good location. Some one will need to portable heater though. Another problem: the best time is on the 14th, two days days from now.

Never mind bad idea for the time
Yah we would need much longer than a few days to prepare. We should wait till it warms up so outdoor locations become a possibility.
The location is actually close to the palatine train station. There is one of those band dome thingies near sanborn school. Just google the location. If you are in the front of the school you have to go around to get behind the school. You should see it. It is hard to miss because of its size
what kind of stadiums and how many are you planning on using?
I own a bb 10 and I think we agreed bb 10 would be best. And we'd bring as many as we could, hah.
i agree and I'm go ahead and get on, ive looked online to alot of sites and links off the forums but they're all expensive like 40, do you think I could find one for like 30 or less? if so where do you recommend for me to look, ive already tried the beymarket
Nah, I got mine for Christmas, for about $40. I don't think you can much cheaper than that.
(Feb. 12, 2013  1:54 PM)Outnumbered Wrote: I own a bb 10 and I think we agreed bb 10 would be best. And we'd bring as many as we could, hah.

I think we should also have a vortex stadium and I can bring a hades gate stadium. I think we will be good if we have these stadiums.
Those are not competetive stadiums, but u could bring them for fun. This is so unorganized I'm pretty sure were all under 18 so we will all have trouble transfering money snd stuff. We should go for american prizes it makes it easyer and cheaper for all of us insted of buying online. Now eho knows someonecwho can get the money to the wbo? This would help we could do a team effort of hosting. I say we wait until aroind april or later. It gives us good weather snd time to plan but we can't all be lazy and wait for other people to do stuff. Location we can figure out later after host. Then we can talk prizes and stadiums. That sound good?
um I feel pathetic and its sad bc im 26.... point being i can get the money to the wbo i got a card we can load up the money on and then send it online to the wbo all i would need is internet access and we could all just get it taken care of right then and there.... about the stadiums I got a hades arena i could bring also a graffiti den stadium, im trying to get a bb10, also i have a metal attax master arena which is very similar to an attack type stadium somewhat like the bb10... hosting i can really help with i just need to keep doing some research on it and im pretty sure that with you guys helping host all will go well
You cannot use hasbro stadiums in tournaments so you don't need to bring them.
I already know that and so those the other guy thats why it was said bring em just for fun, you kno for the other guys that are already dropped from the tourney they still have other stadiums they can have fun with till the whole event is over, its more out of courtesy for the other players that didnt make it to the next round can still enjoy themselves and face eachother against others who are not competing at the moment,,,, trust me it would be a good idea to bring an extra stadium or two that wont be used in the tourney, instead they will just be used for fun..... trust me if more ppl show up randomly just by passing by and we already have the tourney underway they cant join or if they dont have the cash they cant participate either, why not encourage them to keep wanting to come back and stay in touch because even tho they couldnt participate in the tourney they can still play with the other players that are not competing in the moment, this is for fun.... wouldnt it be nice to be able to be able to show up or come acros an event underway so u cant participate or u dont have the cash so u cant enter, but wait all is not lost, you can still bayblade because off to the side are other stadiums for recreational use.. it would be awsome right, we still get to beyblade without intruding on the tourney, everybody wins, why dont we do the same
There are many people who own bb 10s so I think it would be more fun to battle in those. But bring the stadiums if you like.