If you could make a driver

Basically if you could make a driver out of two existing drivers, which would you use, and how would it function?

Dont do things like “metal xtreme and xtreme”. No one finds it funny.
quick' and extreme'
Tightest attack driver and fastest attack driver,this thing would be a beast. Maybe a name like exteuick" or something,im bad at combining names.
Reboot' and Zeta' combined. You could change the starter and the retracted tip.
(Aug. 07, 2022  12:50 AM)DeletedYT Wrote: quick' and extreme'
Tightest attack driver and fastest attack driver,this thing would be a beast. Maybe a name like exteuick" or something,im bad at combining names.

Quick' isn't notably tighter than Xtreme' or any other ' driver. This really is just merging two of the same thing together and expecting it to do something new.

(Aug. 07, 2022  2:26 AM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: Reboot' and Zeta' combined. You could change the starter and the retracted tip.

This would be a bit limited in scope without being able to fully disassemble the whole mechanism to replace the shaft. Reboot's shaft is not particularly large, but hey, it's a pretty fun idea!

Personally I've long since thought about a few unique driver ideas, and honestly the big one that's come to my mind is Fusion/Iron or Wedge/Iron. There's more than one way to do that too, and both match up with old plastic generation Blade Bases.

1: A subtly concave Metal Flat, akin to Metal Change Base. Effectively an improved sort of Fusion Metal really, but they have really never done anything quite like this since Plastics/HMS.
2: A magnetic base that holds a reversible metal shaft in place. On one side a metal flat, on the other a sharp. This would be very similar to Volcano Change Base, though it might fit better on a Fused Driver than just an ordinary driver.
Not rly a mix of two existing drivers, but High Xtreme' would be nice. If it were too tall, High Jolt' would definitely be the perfect height.
i've thought about this for a while, and this would be a defense monster, Edge and Xtreme', the rubber from Xtreme' and the shape of Edge would provide insane grip, making it an unmovable driver, and the tight spring would provide even more defense potential because of it not bursting as often, the Rubber Sharp tip from Metal Fight actually inspired this. the only issue is that you'd need a heavyweight tank of a combo to make this work, like Tempest Solomon 1s Wheel, to make this combo work with good stamina, but it could also be used in stationary attack with combos like Judgement/Zwei Diabolos1 Blitz/Sting/Wheel/00Wall with the same combo because the bey wouldn't be able to be knocked out
While we're speaking of defense, I'll take it back to HMS and ask for a Bearing Keep('). Ideally, I'd like the tip shape to be somewhere between the two or something like Yielding.
I have a worn-down fake mfb bearing drive that behaves like an attack type, how about this idea: Rubber BD flat. it's a rubber flat tip with bearing drives gimmick.
(Aug. 08, 2022  3:26 PM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: I have a worn-down fake mfb bearing drive that behaves like an attack type, how about this idea: Rubber BD flat. it's a rubber flat tip with bearing drives gimmick.

you just described Hold or Volcanic if it was a rubber driver

(Aug. 08, 2022  3:38 PM)Burn87 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2022  3:26 PM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: I have a worn-down fake mfb bearing drive that behaves like an attack type, how about this idea: Rubber BD flat. it's a rubber flat tip with bearing drives gimmick.

or a worn down Keep

here's another idea for a balance driver, Fusion' and Xtreme'
one way this could be pulled off
a Rubber Flat tip with a small Rubber Sharp in the center
(Aug. 08, 2022  3:38 PM)Burn87 Wrote:

(Aug. 08, 2022  3:38 PM)Burn87 Wrote: you just described Hold or Volcanic if it was a rubber driver

or a worn down Keep

here's another idea for a balance driver, Fusion' and Xtreme'
one way this could be pulled off
a Rubber Flat tip with a small Rubber Sharp in the center

I don't have volcanic and hold so I didn't know.
How about we combine ignition' with Bearing' and have an OP stamina tip with the infinite spin gimmick. The bearing would spin on its own like normal but ignition would give it a big boost.
(Aug. 08, 2022  3:26 PM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: I have a worn-down fake mfb bearing drive that behaves like an attack type, how about this idea: Rubber BD flat. it's a rubber flat tip with bearing drives gimmick.

I was initially gonna say something like this myself, but I figured the stress on the bearing shaft itself wouldn't be desirable at such speeds unless it's supported by second bearing.
(Aug. 07, 2022  2:38 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2022  12:50 AM)DeletedYT Wrote: quick' and extreme'

Quick' isn't notably tighter than Xtreme' or any other ' driver. This really is just merging two of the same thing together and expecting it to do something new.

(Aug. 07, 2022  2:26 AM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: Reboot' and Zeta' combined. You could change the starter and the retracted tip.

This would be a bit limited in scope without being able to fully disassemble the whole mechanism to replace the shaft. Reboot's shaft is not particularly large, but hey, it's a pretty fun idea!

Personally I've long since thought about a few unique driver ideas, and honestly the big one that's come to my mind is Fusion/Iron or Wedge/Iron. There's more than one way to do that too, and both match up with old plastic generation Blade Bases.

1: A subtly concave Metal Flat, akin to Metal Change Base. Effectively an improved sort of Fusion Metal really, but they have really never done anything quite like this since Plastics/HMS.
2: A magnetic base that holds a reversible metal shaft in place. On one side a metal flat, on the other a sharp. This would be very similar to Volcano Change Base, though it might fit better on a Fused Driver than just an ordinary driver.

add destroy' then and its triple the golden spring
Do y’all remember dark effigy ms? I think the tip is a really cool metal version of unite
Reboot’ + quest. ReQuest. It starts off suction cupping for awhile, and then pops off and tornado stalls like reboot.

Reboot’ + Jolt’. Joule’. Rubber star like Jolt with a hole in the center to start, and then pops up with reboot. Preferably with a rubber inside bit so that recoil still comes back to attack. Less tornado stall, more second wind attack.

Destroy’ + Reboot’. Devastate’. Reboot’ but with Destroy’s free spinning plate. It might be terrible, but I think it could be fun.
I saw this video on YouTube, someone made a couple high dash and metal drivers TT didn’t release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8Z9uZuDw8
another idea i have is combining Eternal and Xtreme'
there's two ways this could be pulled off
1: basically a Rubber Sharp with a free-spinning POM plastic dish attached, insane defense and good LAD, good on combos like Vanish/Astral Longinus/Spriggan/Achilles or Dangerous+F Belial2 Over/Giga 3/9/0/LGear (spamina combos) or Ultimate Belial2 Nexus+S 3/9/0 or Guilty Bahamut/Longinus Nexus+s/Over 2/0 (statonary attack)
2: a POM Plastic sharp tip with a free-spinning rubber dish attached, capable of acceleration when tipped over and catching on the Tornado Ring when it's about to be knocked out and rapidly increasing speed, knocking out or bursting any other beys on the Tornado Ring before going back to the center, making this driver a Balance type driver
(Aug. 09, 2022  3:58 PM)Attila Wrote: Do y’all remember dark effigy ms? I think the tip is a really cool metal version of unite

Though Dark Effigy MS had a Metal Change Core, it was a lot better known for being on Driger S and Driger V2. Still, MEtal Change is a lot better of a base than Fusion/Flat Sharp ever was. I would honestly love to see it come back for real some day.

(Aug. 07, 2022  11:06 PM)Burn87 Wrote: i've thought about this for a while, and this would be a defense monster, Edge and Xtreme', the rubber from Xtreme' and the shape of Edge would provide insane grip, making it an unmovable driver, and the tight spring would provide even more defense potential because of it not bursting as often, the Rubber Sharp tip from Metal Fight actually inspired this. the only issue is that you'd need a heavyweight tank of a combo to make this work, like Tempest Solomon 1s Wheel, to make this combo work with good stamina, but it could also be used in stationary attack with combos like Judgement/Zwei Diabolos1 Blitz/Sting/Wheel/00Wall with the same combo because the bey wouldn't be able to be knocked out

Sadly KO resistance isn't very valuable in Burst, though this is otherwise a pretty good Rubber Sharp equivalent.

(Aug. 08, 2022  3:26 PM)Vulcan Eagle Wrote: I have a worn-down fake mfb bearing drive that behaves like an attack type, how about this idea: Rubber BD flat. it's a rubber flat tip with bearing drives gimmick.

This actively hinders your attack speed and grip. You could do something like this by putting a Rubber Flat on Free 230, and it was... not impressive.

(Aug. 09, 2022  12:17 AM)DeletedYT Wrote: add destroy' then and its triple the golden spring

This is actively a terrible idea. I have a Hybrid that has two springs in it, and because of it any attempt to use it will absolutely destroy the teeth in seconds. Hybrid's spring isn't even particularly strong! More springs, or going above a ' driver for a lock for that matter, is going to be way too damaging to use. Sure, there's Kerbeus and Bahamut for cores, but spring strength isn't nearly as important for them either.
I would combine Survive, Bearing, Destroy, and Unite.

Survive tip with a rubber ridge on a bearing to catch itself when knocked away.

Edit: I guess a better description would be Survive + Unite + Bearing + Revolve?
(Aug. 10, 2022  8:49 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2022  3:58 PM)Attila Wrote: Do y’all remember dark effigy ms? I think the tip is a really cool metal version of unite

Though Dark Effigy MS had a Metal Change Core, it was a lot better known for being on Driger S and Driger V2. Still, MEtal Change is a lot better of a base than Fusion/Flat Sharp ever was. I would honestly love to see it come back for real some day.

(Aug. 07, 2022  11:06 PM)Burn87 Wrote: i've thought about this for a while, and this would be a defense monster,  Edge and Xtreme', the rubber from Xtreme' and the shape of Edge would provide insane grip, making it an unmovable driver, and the tight spring would provide even more defense potential because of it not bursting as often, the Rubber Sharp tip from Metal Fight actually inspired this. the only issue is that you'd need a heavyweight tank of a combo to make this work, like Tempest Solomon 1s Wheel, to make this combo work with good stamina, but it could also be used in stationary attack with combos like Judgement/Zwei Diabolos1 Blitz/Sting/Wheel/00Wall with the same combo because the bey wouldn't be able to be knocked out

Sadly KO resistance isn't very valuable in Burst, though this is otherwise a pretty good Rubber Sharp equivalent.

This actively hinders your attack speed and grip. You could do something like this by putting a Rubber Flat on Free 230, and it was... not impressive.

(Aug. 09, 2022  12:17 AM)DeletedYT Wrote: add destroy' then and its triple the golden spring

This is actively a terrible idea. I have a Hybrid that has two springs in it, and because of it any attempt to use it will absolutely destroy the teeth in seconds. Hybrid's spring isn't even particularly strong! More springs, or going above a ' driver for a lock for that matter, is going to be way too damaging to use. Sure, there's Kerbeus and Bahamut for cores, but spring strength isn't nearly as important for them either.

i mean like three springs in one,the spring is as tight as their springs combined,with a free spinning ring than a big rubber flat tip at the bottom.
(Aug. 10, 2022  1:57 PM)DeletedYT Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2022  8:49 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Though Dark Effigy MS had a Metal Change Core, it was a lot better known for being on Driger S and Driger V2. Still, MEtal Change is a lot better of a base than Fusion/Flat Sharp ever was. I would honestly love to see it come back for real some day.

i mean like three springs in one,the spring is as tight as their springs combined,with a free spinning ring than a big rubber flat tip at the bottom.

Adding their spring strengths together doesn't make it any better, this would melt any teeth in minutes no matter how tough they are.
Estabilishing some ground rules for me, anyone can follow them tho:
- Combining drivers with modifiers does not happen nor is allowed: Just because I combined Survive' with Bearing' does not mean I'm combining springs, but rather the driver body. As such, unless the driver is meant to have a weaker spring as a drawback, dash, high, metal and metal caps do not count for the merge. They are driver variables (added on the base driver), not part of the driver itself.
- Mixing similar drivers is not possible: Quick+Xtreme kinda explains it very well.
- The fusion must feel like one: Not going with "Xtreme+Volcanic" and it is just Volcanic but rubber.
- The fusion must be at the very least different: Let's be honest here, a lot of fusions are not viable nor good. I'm just going to do the "interesting" ones thay came to my mind because they are cooler than "Evolution+Xtreme"
Also they will not have names, because they are fusions, like BearingDrift.
With that out of the way, I'll start:
Cut fusions:
Quest+Hold:
Quest with Hold sounds interesting until you realize it would just topple over faster than Quest does.
Quest+Drift/Bearing: Drift/Bearing with a Suction cup. Sure it would be good performance wise (Drift in specific) but soooooo boring.
Bullet+Unite: The Bullet flies and reveals a Unite tip, the bullet also has some rubber on the tip. Too little of a change tho imo.
Shot+Bullet: It jumps and ejects at the same time, it is quite a cool fusion but the mechanism of Shot does not allow it to have enough space for the clone to exists without instantly scraping due to how short it is. Cool concept, sadly not possible.
Will make a driver with the Apple Pencil tip,
Launch my bey on my iPad and hand in my art home work
Like metal drivers, I would like rubber driver versions like charge rubber for example or shot rubber
Bearing High Xtend+’
(Aug. 11, 2022  11:21 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Estabilishing some ground rules for me, anyone can follow them tho:
- Combining drivers with modifiers does not happen nor is allowed: Just because I combined Survive' with Bearing' does not mean I'm combining springs, but rather the driver body. As such, unless the driver is meant to have a weaker spring as a drawback, dash, high, metal and metal caps do not count for the merge. They are driver variables (added on the base driver), not part of the driver itself.
- Mixing similar drivers is not possible: Quick+Xtreme kinda explains it very well.
- The fusion must feel like one: Not going with "Xtreme+Volcanic" and it is just Volcanic but rubber.
- The fusion must be at the very least different: Let's be honest here, a lot of fusions are not viable nor good. I'm just going to do the "interesting" ones thay came to my mind because they are cooler than "Evolution+Xtreme"
Also they will not have names, because they are fusions, like BearingDrift.
With that out of the way, I'll start:
Cut fusions:
Quest+Hold:
Quest with Hold sounds interesting until you realize it would just topple over faster than Quest does.
Quest+Drift/Bearing: Drift/Bearing with a Suction cup. Sure it would be good performance wise (Drift in specific) but soooooo boring.
Bullet+Unite: The Bullet flies and reveals a Unite tip, the bullet also has some rubber on the tip. Too little of a change tho imo.
Shot+Bullet: It jumps and ejects at the same time, it is quite a cool fusion but the mechanism of Shot does not allow it to have enough space for the clone to exists without instantly scraping due to how short it is. Cool concept, sadly not possible.

Bearing+Xtreme is not only a bit counterproductive, but is also basically just Xceed+Z but with free spinning rubber. You can get pretty close just using Hasbro's+Z.

Quest with Absorb's locking up is asking to come to a dead stop in moments, it relies on that free spin to keep the suction cup from stopping the entire rotation of the bey. That would either tear up the rubber hard, or damage the lock-up mechanism until it stops working properly and can only spin freely. It would only "go crazy" if the suction cup fails entirely, otherwise it's just a dead stop of a brake. I just don't think this idea is viable, it will either be actively terrible or severely self damaging.

Regarding Reboot+Planet, the whole "gains more spin" thing from Archer Hercules doesn't quite give an actual Stamina increase like some think too. Your energy remains constant after launch until something causes a slowdown (usually some form of friction or drag). Shifting weight and energy around will change your spin velocity but will not increase or decrease the system's total energy. This means you're keeping a higher RPM once it pulls in and speeds up, and then lose spin faster for an overall net zero change in total spin time. I do love this idea still,and could maybe see it implemented more like Zillion Zeus's channels, with the marble channels embedded in the Reboot tabs. Would likely have some variance in reboot timing based on precise marble weights, but could be fun.

Honestly, Charge+Bullet would've been a lot closer to the Bunshin Core that came before than Bullet is, that Bullet is just way too small. Even if it was just Charge but on Bullet's spoke, that would still be a big improvement.

Quest+Hold is just Fat Quest, I don't see how this is very different at all, hence it's cut. Might even just wind up less stable.

Quest already had a bearing, it just sucks and has too much room to wiggle about. Adding Bearing or Drift doesn't do anything at all to Quest.

Shot+Bullet happens a little naturally with Bullet, but it's so little that it's barely functional. More spring would've honestly helped the bullet come off more cleanly, and might help with the release timing of Shot too. Far from impossible, just needs more spring power using Bullet as a base and adding a Shot spin velocity lock instead of Bullet's release mechanism. Also, Shot is not short, it is just fat, but there should easily be room for a drone to fit and eject cleanly.