I want everyone here to read this.

bugturtles Wrote:Upon reading this, I have decided that I will never send my kids to a place like this.

I'd hope that that wouldn't be such a stunning revelation :-P

Story's pretty bizzare though. Startling how little power we (that is, government) have over what people can and can't do with their children. At the same time, to decide that they can't might be viewed as an impeachment of freedom in itself.

Of course, these places will always exist as long as we have freedom. Its the price we pay... I don't see a purpose in being particularly broken up about it, though I do feel bad for the kids.
I finally remember what this reminded me of.

If you have ever read the book 1985 by George Orwell. It is about a man who attempts to disobey the strict laws of the government, but is captured and reprogrammed to love the government before his execution. In the end, he realized he loved "Big Brother" and began crying.

The parallels here are uncanny.
Pathetique Wrote:I finally remember what this reminded me of.

If you have ever read the book 1985 by George Orwell. It is about a man who attempts to disobey the strict laws of the government, but is captured and reprogrammed to love the government before his execution. In the end, he realized he loved "Big Brother" and began crying.

The parallels here are uncanny.

is this the sequel to Nineteen Eighty-Four by the same author?
Holy f*cking SH*T. wtf is wrong with those parents??? Who would have their child kidnapped and be subjected to such crimes as "OP" for 18 months??? If my parents did that, I would get back and punch them in the f*cking FACE.