I think we need to unban the Cosmo layer base with the Gen weight.

I think we need to put Cosmo in the Burst Limited format because many people liked Cosmo because of competitive use. But however, many tournaments ban Cosmo because it's weak to any combo. But if you use the correct parts, it will kinda win any match-up. 

This is my combo that has one of the safest combos in the metagame: 

Cosmo Achilles.0Wall.Bearing. Gen

Feel free to test this combo against opposite spin and attack since I don't have many parts in Limited.
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:04 AM)ScaryPhantoms Wrote: I think we need to put Cosmo in the Burst Limited format because many people liked Cosmo because of competitive use. But however, many tournaments ban Cosmo because it's weak to any combo. But if you use the correct parts, it will kinda win any match-up. 

Feel free to test this combo against opposite spin and attack since I don't have many parts in Limited.
I am all for this, but I also think the Cosmo base is too round for burst limited. It’ll be unburstable and have insane stamina, along with its smooth underside on tall drivers like mobius and it’s decent KO defense I think it’s too powerful for limited.
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:04 AM)ScaryPhantoms Wrote: I think we need to put Cosmo in the Burst Limited format because many people liked Cosmo because of competitive use. But however, many tournaments ban Cosmo because it's weak to any combo. But if you use the correct parts, it will kinda win any match-up.

You want it unbanned, yet you say that, on the correct parts, it will "kinda win any match-up". I'm confused.

Cosmo is a good layer base; it has solid defense, burst resistance, and stamina. I'm confident that, if implemented into Burst Limited format, it would cause the effectiveness of attackers to drop considerably. With this said, I am against unbanning Cosmo in Burst Limited. Cosmo is a better Spriggan Requiem in more ways than one, and seeing as I couldn't get it unbanned, I don't see this going anywhere.
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:15 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

You want it unbanned, yet you say that, on the correct parts, it will "kinda win any match-up". I'm confused.

Cosmo is a good layer base; it has solid defense, burst resistance, and stamina. I'm confident that, if implemented into Burst Limited format, it would cause the effectiveness of attackers to drop considerably. With this said, I am against unbanning Cosmo in Burst Limited. Cosmo is a better Spriggan Requiem in more ways than one, and seeing as I couldn't get it unbanned, I don't see this going anywhere.
I agree, but the part about causing effectiveness of attackers to drop wouldn’t be cosmos fault. Nightmare isn’t really good for attack, bloody is better for mixed, nemesis is better for mixed, and buster or z achilles are the only attackers holding on. With things like Geist Fafnir and right Artemis in limited it’s giving attack a huge downside. Things like hazard and bloody have specific weaknesses and aren’t too overpowered but I can’t say the same for Geist and right Artemis, though Artemis I don’t have. I’d like to see Geist and other OP layers banned so that we can see a nice balanced format with a couple Cho-z layers.
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:15 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: You want it unbanned, yet you say that, on the correct parts, it will "kinda win any match-up". I'm confused.

I agree, but the part about causing effectiveness of attackers to drop wouldn’t be cosmos fault. Nightmare isn’t really good for attack, bloody is better for mixed, nemesis is better for mixed, and buster or z achilles are the only attackers holding on. With things like Geist Fafnir and right Artemis in limited it’s giving attack a huge downside. Things like hazard and bloody have specific weaknesses and aren’t too overpowered but I can’t say the same for Geist and right Artemis, though Artemis I don’t have. I’d like to see Geist and other OP layers banned so that we can see a nice balanced format with a couple Cho-z layers.

With Zn'+Z gone and Drift being close to unusable in same spin on currently legal parts, Geist nor Right Artemis are truly OP anymore. Bearing/Bearing' and Zone+Z are the only threats, and even then, I've had Ds' and Xceed'+Z draw with (And occasionally beat) them. Paired with the correct attack layer and disk-frame combination, they can definitely be taken out. I'm not saying they aren't good , but what I am saying is that I believe you're undermining the potential of attackers. There are also a number of solid attack options for Hasbro players, so those who only purchase from brick-and-mortar stores aren't left out either.

However, unlike Geist and Right Artemis, Cosmo + Gen has enough burst resistance and defense to withstand most, if not all currently legal attackers in Burst Limited with the potential exception of Buster Xcalibur on stationary setups. At that point, we would have a meta more toxic than anything ever before, no?
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:46 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I agree, but the part about causing effectiveness of attackers to drop wouldn’t be cosmos fault. Nightmare isn’t really good for attack, bloody is better for mixed, nemesis is better for mixed, and buster or z achilles are the only attackers holding on. With things like Geist Fafnir and right Artemis in limited it’s giving attack a huge downside. Things like hazard and bloody have specific weaknesses and aren’t too overpowered but I can’t say the same for Geist and right Artemis, though Artemis I don’t have. I’d like to see Geist and other OP layers banned so that we can see a nice balanced format with a couple Cho-z layers.

With Zn'+Z gone and Drift being close to unusable in same spin on currently legal parts, Geist nor Right Artemis are truly OP anymore. Bearing/Bearing' and Zone+Z are the only threats, and even then, I've had Ds' and Xceed'+Z draw with (And occasionally beat) them. Paired with the correct attack layer and disk-frame combination, they can definitely be taken out. I'm not saying they aren't good , but what I am saying is that I believe you're undermining the potential of attackers. There are also a number of solid attack options for Hasbro players, so those who only purchase from brick-and-mortar stores aren't left out either.

However, unlike Geist and Right Artemis, Cosmo + Gen has enough burst resistance and defense to withstand most, if not all currently legal attackers in Burst Limited with the potential exception of Buster Xcalibur on stationary setups. At that point, we would have a meta more toxic than anything ever before, no?
I agree. But things like xceed’+z are still a slight step below Zone+z or bearing. And if bearing/bearing’ is paired with wall, I have tested wall besring’ against drift in opposite spin and they tie endlessly with drift winning 1 time out of 10 rounds, it would have the best LAD with good enough same spin to take out other options like a left drift or left zone+z. But your point that drift is not usable and zone’ is banned does provide the weakness of bursting stamina types. Just that, bannning zone’+z was to late of an action because now we have bearing’. I believe if w ban bearing’ as well as keep zone’+z banned burst limited attackers could have the advantage of bursting stamina types while still losing if they aren’t given the right setup.

Also, what do ya’ll think about Bushin being unbannned? I recently got my bushin ashura (keep sucks btw) and I haven’t quite tested it yet but I’m going too soon. I’ll maybe make a thread about the tests or just post them here since I brought this up.
It's because I don't have all the parts in Burst Limited.
But right now I don't have the Gen weight and I only have 2 Ten weights, but I will still test it.