I'm so excited!!! Hi Everyone, I'm from OK!

This is, one of the coolest things I have discovered on the internet. I thought Beyblade was completely dead! Oh I'm just too happy, I'll introduce myself.

I go by AnimeHair! Sometimes I put a 96 at the end, just in case someone else goes by that. I got lucky here, haha. I've been really interested in beyblades for waaayy over a decade, I've been out of the loop for some time, and the Beys sure have changed over the years. I do have a couple burst Beys and a couple metal master/fusion, I had a big nostalgia kick a few days ago and scoured the internet for some Plastic Generation Beys, and I struggled for maybe 3 days before I found something worthwhile. During my search, I found THIS website! I was rather shocked, considering how most of my favorite BBA related sites have gone away, and how unpopular Beyblade is in my area.... I saw this community is very active and dedicated, with varying ages. I always kinda felt I wasn't young enough. Never felt too old, but always felt I was not in the age group that I remember from the anime and commercials. Apparently that's false, and nearly anyone can participate! I am absolutely ecstatic over this discovery and am glad to be a part of it. ??

I'm from Oklahoma. I've never seen tournaments held here, and a Beybattle is a very unlikely situation to find yourself in. The first time I brought a bey to school nobody had a clue what I had, where I got it, or how to optimize and execute it, so I started bringing a different one every week, and would bring a few so others could try. It never caught on, mostly because the nearest Walmart was over a half hour drive away and this was a really small town. I had 1 classmate out of like 100 kids who actually, accidentally got a beyblade. Like his older brother or cousin left one in his room and never came back for it. I roped all my younger siblings into the show and they became fans, so I got them their own Beys and we would battle and trade parts and try new combinations, we made stadiums out of Satellite Dishes and milk crates, I hung one from a tree like a hammock so we could tilt and swing it! It made for some really cool battles! How I miss those days! 

Anyway, that's a little about me and a story. I need to do some learning about the new bey systems and rules and stuff, but It would be AWESOME to find or found an Okie community for tournaments and such. This has always been a big childhood dream of mine, ever since I saw the first season, and reinforced it after seeing footage of Canada's BBA tournament on the first season DVD! Thank you all for growing this community, and Let's Beyblade!

Cheers!
(Nov. 19, 2019  11:21 PM)AnimeHair Wrote: This is, one of the coolest things I have discovered on the internet. I thought Beyblade was completely dead! Oh I'm just too happy, I'll introduce myself.

I go by AnimeHair! Sometimes I put a 96 at the end, just in case someone else goes by that. I got lucky here, haha. I've been really interested in beyblades for waaayy over a decade, I've been out of the loop for some time, and the Beys sure have changed over the years. I do have a couple burst Beys and a couple metal master/fusion, I had a big nostalgia kick a few days ago and scoured the internet for some Plastic Generation Beys, and I struggled for maybe 3 days before I found something worthwhile. During my search, I found THIS website! I was rather shocked, considering how most of my favorite BBA related sites have gone away, and how unpopular Beyblade is in my area.... I saw this community is very active and dedicated, with varying ages. I always kinda felt I wasn't young enough. Never felt too old, but always felt I was not in the age group that I remember from the anime and commercials. Apparently that's false, and nearly anyone can participate! I am absolutely ecstatic over this discovery and am glad to be a part of it. ??

I'm from Oklahoma. I've never seen tournaments held here, and a Beybattle is a very unlikely situation to find yourself in. The first time I brought a bey to school nobody had a clue what I had, where I got it, or how to optimize and execute it, so I started bringing a different one every week, and would bring a few so others could try. It never caught on, mostly because the nearest Walmart was over a half hour drive away and this was a really small town. I had 1 classmate out of like 100 kids who actually, accidentally got a beyblade. Like his older brother or cousin left one in his room and never came back for it. I roped all my younger siblings into the show and they became fans, so I got them their own Beys and we would battle and trade parts and try new combinations, we made stadiums out of Satellite Dishes and milk crates, I hung one from a tree like a hammock so we could tilt and swing it! It made for some really cool battles! How I miss those days! 

Anyway, that's a little about me and a story. I need to do some learning about the new bey systems and rules and stuff, but It would be AWESOME to find or found an Okie community for tournaments and such. This has always been a big childhood dream of mine, ever since I saw the first season, and reinforced it after seeing footage of Canada's BBA tournament on the first season DVD! Thank you all for growing this community, and Let's Beyblade!

Cheers!

Welcome to the WBO! I hope you enjoy your time here!