I'm new here - are you guys into the old meta saga beys?

Hello. I'm new to the forum. It seems like there is a great blader community here.

I've noticed that most of the threads seem to be for Beyblade Burst. Does anyone really care about the older generation of Beys anymore? (Metal Saga)

I'm definitely far from a Beyblade expert, and I don't know a lot about Burst, but I am pretty familiar with the Metal beys.

I never really got into Burst; I guess I just don't like how they fall apart, and that they are more plastic than metal.

Also, nice to meet everyone! This place seems really cool!
Hi. I do only like the Metal Saga, grew up with it. I really don't like any of the other generations and honestly Burst is the worst lol. Even Shogun Steel is bad.

I have a big collection of used and NIB Metal Saga Beys, mainly from Hasbro. Hard to get every Bey they released and it's very expensive. There are some I will probably never get or at least it will take some time. I got into Beys again a year ago and now I have most of the Hasbro ones.

I recommend joining the Discord Server if you want to talk to other Metal Saga Fans.
That is awesome! And yes, the hasbro Metal Beyblades are getting to be VERY hard to find, even on eBay (not to mention insanely expensive).

I didn't care for the Shogun steel either, other than the one sychrome combo I tried out, which was "Salamander Ifrit". That thing was insanely over powered. Of course, I don't think you can even use sychromes in a real Beyblade competitions right?

I'll have to check out the discord server! Thanks.
hell ya that smy fav saga!!!!
There are actually quite a lot on ebay, at least on ebay.com. But a lot are expensive.
I got hundreds of beys on my german platform ebay kleinanzeigen for very cheap prices, even rare ones. But I still had to buy a lot for high prices.
And on vinted france there are also many good lots.

I don't participate on beyblade competitions (even if i would its impossible, I live in Germany), I just collect the beys and don't play with them. So I know nothing about the rules of competitions, but I watched the first few episodes of Shogun Steel on Youtube (it was so bad and boring that I broke up) and watched until the synchrones part so at least I know what that is. They do it in the anime so I assume it's allowed in competitions. But maybe someone who is familiar with the rules will answer here.
Hi! Welcome to the WBO

and yeah, I like the Metal Saga too. That was basically my childhood Beyblade series. I like all the series though, but Metal is one of my more favorite ones c:

People do still talk about it. There are still some Metal tournaments coming up, but nowadays everything is mostly Burst since that is the ongoing series. Not to mention Metal Beyblades are hard to find — thats what happens when something is out of production, I guess. Just hope that someone is circulating discontinued goods instead of sending them to the landfill
Not sure where you’re located but there are several upcoming metal fight events listed on the tournaments tab. And agreed on checking out the discord! The metal fight and even plastics sections are always lively
O wow, I guess I stand corrected Smile

I guess the Metal Beyblades are still more alive than I realized Smile

Sounds like you have quite the collection Parzival1608.

I never thought to try eBay sites in different countries!

I don't do competitions either, but some day I may give it a shot. I've always kind of wanted to.
Yeah I have most of the hasbro beys and a few Taraka Tomy beys and a lot NIB beys. As of today I have 244 hasbro beys (179 used and 65 NIB) and 91 Takara Tomy Beys (44 original and 47 midfakes). I sold most of the beys I got in lots because I don't need to have beys twice or more except some I really like, f.e. Earth Eagle and Hades Kerbecs and some rare ones.

Yes the metal saga is alive, at least on selling platformes and of course on the discord server. Smile
Even though it was Burst that got me into the fandom and it stands as my favorite series, Metal Saga stands close behind it as a close contender for #1. I was never really interested in the products as i was in the anime, i recall i only have a few MFB Beys like Variares, Fusion Hades, all L-Dragos, Nemesis and all Pegasus except Pre-Hybrid Wheel.
(May. 14, 2022  8:41 PM)Parzival1608 Wrote: Yeah I have most of the hasbro beys and a few Taraka Tomy beys and a lot NIB beys. As of today I have 244 hasbro beys (179 used and 65 NIB) and 91 Takara Tomy Beys (44 original and 47 midfakes). I sold most of the beys I got in lots because I don't need to have beys twice or more except some I really like, f.e. Earth Eagle and Hades Kerbecs and some rare ones.

Yes the metal saga is alive, at least on selling platformes and of course on the discord server. Smile

Do you have any of the really old beyblades? As in "HMS" or older?

I haven't even seen any of those style, in person.
(May. 16, 2022  1:22 AM)Beyblades Boss Wrote: Do you have any of the really old beyblades? As in "HMS" or older?

I haven't even seen any of those style, in person.

Nah the only generation I watched and like is the Metal Saga.

But if I remember correctly I saw people selling HMS Beys on my german platform ebay kleinanzeigen. And on ebay.com I saw some lots too.
metal saga is what I grew up into. And always wanted to have many beys and fought against my cousin with them!
I wish they would go back to Metal Style beys and forget about Burst lol!

I am pretty curious to see what comes after Burst though!
yeah, i have a decent collection of em as well.
i started with mfb and plastics is my favorite system
Does anyone have (or have used) any of the "Heavy Metal System" Beyblades? (I think they are also called "HMS").

I think those are the oldest / original (but I could be wrong).

That was a bit before my time Smile
I love MFB. It was a huge part of my childhood. I kinda still biased for MFB, but I enjoy Burst as well. I have quite a collection of MFB beys..

(Jun. 09, 2022  5:57 PM)Beyblades Boss Wrote: Does anyone have (or have used) any of the "Heavy Metal System" Beyblades? (I think they are also called "HMS").

I think those are the oldest / original (but I could be wrong).

That was a bit before my time Smile

I have Dragoon MSUV and Wolborg MS
Not alone here. I've got an entire collection of them (most of them are unfortunately hasbruh beyblades).