I'm guessing I'm the oldest here?

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how old everybody is here, I'm 24 on Wednesday( once again yea I know haha)
I had a couple of beyblades back in the day, the old plastic ones, then whist at toys r us I was like, yea I'll buy one of these new metal ones and brin some memory's back, 3 days and 10 blades later me and my mate are playing for hours at a time..
So yea I'm basicly wondering if it's just me or is there and old skool(old farts) people here?
i know your new so here is advice
dont make threads like this
it isnt needed Smile
Moved to correct forum.

By the way; welcome to the WBO ! [:
1. you are no where near the oldest in the WBO.
2. i know you are new but read around and you will notice this is for the intro thred, a person of your age would know to read on what to do before you do anything.

edit, noticed blah moved it. anyway welcome to the WBO.
There are a bunch of us around the 20-22 mark. Uwik, Da-WRETCHED-One and a few others are older than you, iirc. Welcome, though, it's great to have older members here, believe me Smile
(Jun. 27, 2011  9:13 AM)pikabattler Wrote: , a person of your age would know to read on what to do before you do anything

I guess we have a smart carp on our hands, I put it in the Aussie page cause I was directing it at the Australian members... Basically I wanted to know if I went to a tourney would I be there with just kids? As I don't want to look like pedophile...
I personally think it was a valid question...

And thanks for the "warm" welcome..
Nah, you might be the oldest there, but it would be a couple of years at most. The majority of attendees will inevitably be kids, but the organisers and a number of attendees will be older.
eh, sory, sometimes i start nit picking on this site if im on too long. by the way, where abouts in australia are you, cause i can tell you now in melbourn tournaments is around the 8-18 range.
Hey man, I just turned 24 also. But what I did was I got all my friends around my age in to it too, the youngest in our beyblade circle is 15 but he's my brother, then the next youngest one is 19. and yeah dude, I bought one and couldnt stop, now we are all trying to out buy each other lol. and welcome to the site.... even tho this is my first post lol.
don't worry you're not the oldest here. same thing here i just can't stop collecting all the cool beys i can get my hands on. and as for tourneys maybe i'm too old for that stuff now so now i'm currently creating a bey deck for my niece back in the philippines for him to use on upcoming tourneys and hopefully grab a place in it.

anyway welcome in the WBO.
Yea I'm trying, but I don't think they'll be buying any, they're not that interested, just like to play, that's why I was wanting to go to a tourney.. I'll go and beat all the kids with my superior adult strength and brain power
I kinda feel I need to make use of them seeing I'm spending so much money on em...
welcome to wbo..hehehe
it helps to be older and more mature and able to think wisely.
u see, the nature of beyblading involves constant evolution of different combinations to find the "perfect" blade.
as we all know, that is virtually impossible as there will always be a counter to everything, its just a matter of it being found yet or not.

being older helps u understand that fact, whereas being young, childish and immature will most likely make u sound like dis.

"Hell no way Pegasis can lose to THAT!!! He is the strongest bey!! He is the hero!! Gingka uses him so he MUST WIN!!"
welcome! No, IKMV is a father. So Smile not the oldest!
(Jun. 27, 2011  10:45 AM)Accel Wrote: welcome to wbo..hehehe
u see, the nature of beyblading involves constant evolution of different combinations to find the "perfect" blade.
as we all know, that is virtually impossible as there will always be a counter to everything, its just a matter of it being found yet or not.

being older helps u understand that fact, whereas being young, childish and immature will most likely make u sound like dis.

"Hell no way Pegasis can lose to THAT!!! He is the strongest bey!! He is the hero!! Gingka uses him so he MUST WIN!!"

Yea thats what I was thinking, that's kinda why I thought there would be more older people playing, I know it's a aimed at kids, but there is really a fair bit of stradagy to it, but then again, I bet there is heaps of em, but are too worried about what they're friends would say, but I do admit, I haven't told all of emTongue_out
I think Tempstas is older than you but I haven't seen him in awhile.
I'm turning 17 myself soon and I can honestly say I'm a little self concious of my Beyblading too, so I've only told a few of my close friends. They find it pretty amusing but they keep it to themselves under my request.
Hello, and welcome!

Da-WRATCHED-One is 32! Don't worry at all.
(Jun. 27, 2011  2:05 PM)Primus87 Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2011  10:45 AM)Accel Wrote: welcome to wbo..hehehe

Yea thats what I was thinking, that's kinda why I thought there would be more older people playing, I know it's a aimed at kids, but there is really a fair bit of stradagy to it, but then again, I bet there is heaps of em, but are too worried about what they're friends would say, but I do admit, I haven't told all of emTongue_out

Welcome to the WBO!

The oldest person in my local beyblading group (team?) is 25 - and the youngest 8. One of the many reasons beyblade is so appealing is how well it can fit in with different ages. I'm very glad to see older beyblade users find enjoyment in strategy and customization, and the younger users pick up on that. My husband looked at me funny when I started playing with them, then I bought him one and he couldn't stop playing with it. He's also afraid of what his buddies might say, but so far his buddies that actually TRY it end up loving it.
Welcome to the WBO, the happiest bey-place on earth.

Age is just experience here in my opinion, no worries.

Use this to ask for a combo: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-me-a-combo
And use this for questions: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...read-Rules
These are the rules you will want to know well: http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=17
Hope you enjoy the WBO
Age is but a number, we're all young at hearts here. Smile

I have a good number of years off of you. My bey buddies are all 34+. The oldest one in my group is 37. I get what you're saying about looking out of place in tournaments, but it won't matter after a while. If you're active enough in the beyblade scene, you become a familiar face, and they get used to it.

There's an older member here, his username is Da-WRETCHED-One (I think), an ex footballer with biceps the size of my thighs. Imagine the fear kids have when battling him. Lol.

anyway, WELCOME to WBO!
Dont forget Spinster Smile

Welcome Smile
Yea...welcome. You're a baby to me... I'm 34 Joyful_3.
(Jun. 28, 2011  8:01 AM)Chups Wrote: Dont forget Spinster Smile

Welcome Smile
Barely see him any more, unless he's hanging out with old members Unhappy

And yeah, Da-WRETCHED-One would scare the carp out of me at a tourney too Tongue_out
He is still cool Cool