I'm BAAAAAACK

Hey, This is Shawn Lyons . I'm back from a 4 year hiatus. Some blading veterans might remember me from the OTC forums. I was on team Aerodyne Mercury with Anubis back in the day. I just started college and I am really involved in combat robotics right now, but after being impressed by the metal fight series, I decided to start blading again. The one-sidedness of HMS beyblading made me loose interest in beyblading, but at least as of now, the MF series looks to be more balanced. Also, now that beyblade tournaments are mostly organized by the bladers themselves, I am confident that the blading community will place restrictions if any future MF beyblades or parts turn out to be br0ken like the wolborg ms running core. I don't have any metal fight beyblades yet, but I will hopefully get some soon, especially if the price decreases (almost all my $$$ goes into robot parts).
liek, MEDABOTS????!!!?!?!?!

I don't know you, since I'm relatively new here compared to you (BBF), but welcome back Grin
Aren't you one of the US Champions?
Yes, I was the west coast champion and got 2nd place at the Times Square Rumble. I lost to Noland in the US championships, though. I was the dorky looking kid with red hair and glasses. The guy emceeing the US championships nicknamed me "the professor" for some reason.

Elmo:
Medabots was pretty awesome!
Welcome to Beywiki! I remember you.

Nice to have you here. Smile
(Sep. 07, 2008  3:44 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: Yes, I was the west coast champion and got 2nd place at the Times Square Rumble. I lost to Noland in the US championships, though. I was the dorky looking kid with red hair and glasses. The guy emceeing the US championships nicknamed me "the professor" for some reason.

Elmo:

I remember, you're on the Beyblade movie DVD extra footage Wink Welcome.
(Sep. 07, 2008  3:44 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: Yes, I was the west coast champion and got 2nd place at the Times Square Rumble. I lost to Noland in the US championships, though. I was the dorky looking kid with red hair and glasses. The guy emceeing the US championships nicknamed me "the professor" for some reason.

Elmo:

Welcome to the site! I remember you from the DVD and I still think theres stuff on you on the Beyblade website <3
Hey Shawn, long time no talk...I haven't seen you in person for YEARS, talked on the phone like two years ago when Anubis went to Ryan's. Do you remember me?
I remember that. I'm pretty sure Ryan has left the beyblade community, though. From what I remeber and from what Anubis told me, he was one of the first bladers to consistently use attack types effectively in the hasbro arenas. At that point, all competitive bladers used compacts and standard endurance combos, especially in tournaments where there was not much room for error.

Did you go to the National Championships in Houston? I think I remember battling you in the hotel ballroom.

I wish I could post a picture now, but I don't have a digital camera with me at college. I look totally different now. My hair is still red, but I have shoulder-length dreadlocks and a neckbeard! I'll post a pic when I get a digital camera or camera-equipped cell phone (I'm the last person on the planet who dosn't have a cell phone that can take pictures.)
(Sep. 07, 2008  6:20 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: I remember that. I'm pretty sure Ryan has left the beyblade community, though. From what I remeber and from what Anubis told me, he was one of the first bladers to consistently use attack types effectively in the hasbro arenas. At that point, all competitive bladers used compacts and standard endurance combos, especially in tournaments where there was not much room for error.

Did you go to the National Championships in Houston? I think I remember battling you in the hotel ballroom.

I wish I could post a picture now, but I don't have a digital camera with me at college. I look totally different now. My hair is still red, but I have shoulder-length dreadlocks and a neckbeard! I'll post a pic when I get a digital camera or camera-equipped cell phone (I'm the last person on the planet who dosn't have a cell phone that can take pictures.)

I love you for that

Yes, Ryan left. He is a prick now. I was best friends with him for a while. Now he is nothing but a pompous carp.

Yes, I went to the Nationals. I battled you. I was the one who hit that kid in the eye with an HMS.
I watch the movie everyday. I always watch the special features, It's weird that your actually on the forums
SHAWN

STOP MESSIN AROUND WITH YOUR CRAZY HAIR

AND GO SEE SNAKES ON A PLANE
This is pretty crazy, having a US coast champion on the board.

Welcome, Shawn, I remember watching your round-robin battles with Noland and Steven. Smile
Hey Welcome to the board, We never had a World Champ Blader on this forum
Awesome, I remember you from the special features videos, too. its pretty cool to have you on the board. Welcome back.