I hate Hasbro

i want a beypointer but im in north america
(Sep. 23, 2010  1:01 AM)Train Wrote: this entire topic is a pointless sarcastic mess. So much so that when I first read it I thought you had flip flopped on your position.

You must not have read the OP; it wasn't very hard to comprehend.
(Sep. 23, 2010  1:08 AM)dark_pegasus Wrote: i want a beypointer but im in north america

Then import.
(Sep. 23, 2010  1:01 AM)Train Wrote: Good lord would someone ban you already!?! This is disgusting. You're such a prick about everything and you talk down to pretty much everyone. I'm sick of reading this!

Him of all people? Really?
And while blatantly insulting him, no less?

Irony.
Lol, there's no point in having a Bey-Pointer anymore - Japan uses the Gan Gan Hobby Machine, which runs on IC Cards for points.

Anyway, the name changes don't really bother me, except for Eagle, Fireblaze, Gasher, and Killer. "Pegasis" is just how the Japanese spelled the word from when they translated it from Katakana, which I'm sure everyone is aware of: ペガシス = Pegasis.

Oh, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I think Hasbro will not release something to prevent the breakages of the handle of the Bey Launcher - Bey Launcher Suspension and or Launcher Rubber. Sorry if someone has; if so, I'm only reiterating.
Burn Fireblaze.... (Phoenix)

Is there some BS "Child (mental) Safety" being thrown around? Or is the whole teaching kids to read fancy words too hard?
(Sep. 23, 2010  1:01 AM)Train Wrote: Good lord would someone ban you already!?! This is disgusting. You're such a prick about everything and you talk down to pretty much everyone. I'm sick of reading this!

I know this is off topic, but honestly screw it this entire topic is a pointless sarcastic mess. So much so that when I first read it I thought you had flip flopped on your position.

I agree with you here,

but i think that Mc frown just doesn't understand the point being made that the word cancer has been used for thousands of years to define the constellation cancer and that hasbro must really think little on the intelligence of parents or children. Unless the lack of intelligence is true (well at least in the US) which i think is the counter point Mc frown is trying to make ?
It's not intelligence, nor am I confused.
If you name your child Adolf Hitler, he will recieve dirty looks and scorn, even if there were great Adolf Hitler's before that one.
If you name a Beyblade Cancer the 1 out of like 10 women who has/had breast cancer won't be too enthralled with the idea.
(Sep. 23, 2010  2:12 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: It's not intelligence, nor am I confused.
If you name your child Adolf Hitler, he will recieve dirty looks and scorn, even if there were great Adolf Hitler's before that one.
If you name a Beyblade Cancer the 1 out of like 10 women who has/had breast cancer won't be too enthralled with the idea.

And everyone related in any way to someone with cancer/someone who's died of cancer.
Can we just go ahead and say particular tragedies this decade ruined peoples sense of contextual sensibility?
(Sep. 23, 2010  2:18 AM)Extic Wrote: And everyone related in any way to someone with cancer/someone who's died of cancer.
This is absolutely false. I just posted previously that I had seen somebody die of cancer too, but that I am a Cancer. I will not start despising the month I was born in just because it gives me the name that is also a disease that frequently kills a lot of people. And I am not a sadist.
But people are morons.
You can't get around it.
It would be marketing suicide.
So it has something to do with intelligence, not just personal experience with the cancer disease, no ?
Meh, I guess I'll put it like this:
What's the first thing that pops into everyones head when you say "Cancer"
Why does America have "Think Pink Week"?
Why does every soccer mom have a little ribbon bumper sticker on their minivan?
Why does every grocery store try to make you donate a dollar?

Cancer. The disease.
It carries negative connotations, and most parents are not enough into beyblade to know that other beys are indeed named after Zodiac signs.
The name "Gasher" appeals to children, and the name "Cancer" deters adults. If anything it has boosted their sales. It's a win-win for them.
It was a smart move on Hasbro's part.
Kai-V, it's less to do with intelligence, and more to do with how reasonable people are.
You don't have to be stupid to be unreasonable.

Like the person who sued McDonald's for getting burned by their coffee, because it didn't say that it was hot/warn that it was hot.

That was a pretty smart move, though it was completely unreasonable.
Also note Lucky on King of the Hill.
(Sep. 23, 2010  2:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So it has something to do with intelligence, not just personal experience with the cancer disease, no ?

which was the point i was trying to make, personally i find it insulting to peoples intelligence. Also i have multiple family members who have or died from lung cancer.

Edit: its not like when they have advertising they actually name the beyblades also if a child were to want to buy dark cancer their parents would instantly see that it has a crab on it thus referring to the constellation/zodiac sign problem solved
figured out the Aqualia thing.

Unlike Japan, toys are geared for little kids (dam it all) so basicly, Eagle is a much simpler, easier to understand, name. A kid probobly doesnt know what an Aqualia is

For those who still dont get the whole Cancer issue, think of it this way, imagine an 8 year old walking up to a teacher or a parent and saying "Yesterday I got a Cancer! So cool!" My point exactly

For those who still dont understand, especialy those not from the US, (abd although i hate stereotyping) just except the fact that many americans are ignorant, over protective, and can misinterpret seemingly innocent things and
corolate it to something bad. I mean, come on, we are the country that started the "That's what she said!" joke

uhg...hate stereotyping...especialy to my own country...ugh
(Sep. 23, 2010  3:08 AM)Leonwind Wrote: Unlike Japan, toys are geared for little kids (dam it all)
What ? There are also age limits in Japan, and it is as much "geared for little kids" as Hasbro does it outside East Asia.
McFrown: Not true at all. In fact, I know many people who live thier entire paranoid lives based soley off horoscopes. that is just crude stereotyping. I for one learned about my astriological sign back in 5th grade and I ended up teaching everyone in school thiers too. we used to play fun games with everyones signs... =D
Train: Lets come down here. You are drasticly over exagerating the situation. Lets all relax =D

Kai: I ment Hobby wise. like plastic model kits arent so big here, especialy for older kids, while they are huge in Japan, and from what i have seen, apply to all ages. But then agian, we have legos, so yay for us =D
(Sep. 23, 2010  2:48 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Meh, I guess I'll put it like this:
What's the first thing that pops into everyones head when you say "Cancer"
Why does America have "Think Pink Week"?
Why does every soccer mom have a little ribbon bumper sticker on their minivan?
Why does every grocery store try to make you donate a dollar?

Cancer. The disease.
It carries negative connotations, and most parents are not enough into beyblade to know that other beys are indeed named after Zodiac signs.
The name "Gasher" appeals to children, and the name "Cancer" deters adults. If anything it has boosted their sales. It's a win-win for them.
It was a smart move on Hasbro's part.

finnaly. the voice of reason! that is absoluteky correct. couldnt have said that any better myself.
(Sep. 23, 2010  3:15 AM)Leonwind Wrote: Kai: I ment Hobby wise. like plastic model kits arent so big here, especialy for older kids, while they are huge in Japan, and from what i have seen, apply to all ages. But then agian, we have legos, so yay for us =D
I am telling you though that I have barely seen any 'older kid' or teenager play Beyblade in Japan. It is always either kids, or the parents of those kids who, in Japan, are very involved and teach their children things about the game. However, they obviously cannot compete, so the target audience is still the kids, who are as young or old as those outside East Asia that Hasbro is targetting.
(Sep. 23, 2010  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I am telling you though that I have barely seen any 'older kid' or teenager play Beyblade in Japan. It is always either kids, or the parents of those kids who, in Japan, are very involved and teach their children things about the game. However, they obviously cannot compete, so the target audience is still the kids, who are as young or old as those outside East Asia that Hasbro is targetting.

i guess it also shows the difference in intelligence from Asia and the US since its both aimed at the same age group.
im sorry...excuss me? are you saying that US children are dumber than children in Japan?

You know, lets just stop here before things get out of hand. No more stereotyping, no more assumptions, just beyblade. Good old friendly beyblade
My sentiments on Aquila -> Eagle:
The Bald Eagle is the National Bird of the United States, and one of their most iconic symbols.
That's all I have to say about that.
(Sep. 23, 2010  3:38 AM)Leonwind Wrote: im sorry...excuss me? are you saying that US children are dumber than children in Japan?

You know, lets just stop here before things get out of hand. No more stereotyping, no more assumptions, just beyblade. Good old friendly beyblade

its not an assumption its a fact according to hasbro if thats the reason for the name change. Uncertain Im not trying to mean or anything its just the way it comes across to me if that is why they changed it. I find it insulting to my intelligence and i don't know why anyone else on here doesn't hasbros basically say oh nah people are to dumb so well change names to avoid confusion epically with the Aquila name change. Thats if the reason for the changes are as speculated
tbh the reasons for most of the name changes are pretty obvious/reasonable.