I came up with a new format idea for X battles.

Hey ya'll,

A little while ago I made a post on here about a new play format I had developed for Beyblade X called the "Dynamic Deck format". Since making that post, I have improved on the rules of the format a bit, and would like to share them with you in the hopes that, collectively, we can refine the ruleset and create a really fun way to play (or, in hopes that you'll simply just have a little fun).

The goal of the DDF is to elaborate further on the standard 3on3 deck format, create a longer lasting and more intensive version of the game, and to involve combo building as an active strategy component during play. I will list out the "TL;DR" rules here, and then elaborate on them further.

Each player enters battle with a deck of 8 blades, 8 ratchets, and 8 bits. No more than 2 of any given part can be used in a deck. Before the game, each player shuffles their decks however they wish to (drawing blindly out of a bag, assigning numbers to each part and rolling a die, etc.). Each part is kept separate, as combos will be built during gameplay. Once properly shuffled, the players will line up their parts in the order they will be drawn in, keeping their decks hidden from their opponents but the draw order being visible to each respective player.

1. Each player draws three of each part into their “hands”.

2. Both players construct a combo with the available parts in their hands in secret. Once complete, both players reveal their combos at the same time.

3. Battle begins. A player can score: 2 points for an out spin or a pocket KO, 3 points for a burst or extreme finish, and 1 extra point if a player wins two battles in a row under the same win condition.

4. After the battle concludes, the loser must choose one part from their combo to discard from play. Afterwards, they must draw a new part from their deck to maintain a hand of 3 blades, 3 ratchets, and 3 bits. Finally, the player constructs a new combo for the next battle without using any repeat parts from the previous combo. The winner does not discard, draw, or construct a new combo, and must use their winning combo until it is defeated.

5. The cycle of battle continues until one player scores 20 points, or is the only player left capable of constructing a new combo. This player is the winner.
A few elaborations: As stated, after each player shuffles their decks, they are allowed to see the draw order of their decks, knowing exactly what the next part in their decks is and exactly where all parts in their deck lie. The intention is to have a "Tetris" effect: by allowing the players to see what's coming next, they can make informed decisions on their current play, such as which parts to discard, and won't simply default to discarding the "worst" part on their blade. The adjustments on scoring were made for balancing and pace issues: stamina and defense combos would barely make a dent in winning by only scoring 1 point with outspin. Conversely, attack combos could blast through the game by scoring 4 with extreme finishes. This way, S/D combos can effectively make a 1/10th win score with their primary wincon. This is compounded by the "chaining" rule of scoring an additional point by winning consecutively with the same wincon, as stamina types, left unchecked, can start consistently scoring higher and higher by outspinning. Finally, I figured preventing using the same parts on a combo consecutively after losing would encourage players to sift through their decks more evenly and not cheese good first pulls, such as getting WR and PW and sticking with them the whole time.

Would love if some folks gave this ruleset a try and gave me some feedback. I'm mainly looking to answer these questions currently: Is the deck size good? Is the point goal reasonable? Are the points per win con good? Is point chaining a good idea? Should the winner of each battle be able to draw/discard? Should hands be limited to 3 of each part? What would a good limited/restricted parts list for this format be?

Let me know what ya'll think and shoot me any questions you may have.