I’m Drbstp!

(Feb. 09, 2021  8:56 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  7:59 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yeah, MCCs, MGCs, LCs, Dash Drivers, and different combos and launch styles are all ways to make Beys stronger.
Are they being used though? or are they “illegal” (I don’t agree with this term btw, “prohibited” sounds better) for use. People design these things to be used in battle but we’re putting restrictions on strategy. “All is far in love and war!” You can only launch a BeyBlade so many ways and some launches cause user error so why put restrictions on modifications? Why not change the game?
They are very much used. MCCs are used on Sparking combos, MGCs on God Layer combos, LCs on Cho-Z combos, and dash drivers mostly on attack and some stamina combos. Modifications are exactly what they sound like: modifications. The WBO plays Beyblade un-modified, and playing with modifications would be extremely hard. Go ahead and play Beyblade how you want with your friends, but the WBO has no plans (publicly at least) for an official WBO modded Bey format.
(Feb. 09, 2021  10:48 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  8:56 PM)Drbstp Wrote: Are they being used though? or are they “illegal” (I don’t agree with this term btw, “prohibited” sounds better) for use. People design these things to be used in battle but we’re putting restrictions on strategy. “All is far in love and war!” You can only launch a BeyBlade so many ways and some launches cause user error so why put restrictions on modifications? Why not change the game?
They are very much used. MCCs are used on Sparking combos, MGCs on God Layer combos, LCs on Cho-Z combos, and dash drivers mostly on attack and some stamina combos. Modifications are exactly what they sound like: modifications. The WBO plays Beyblade un-modified, and playing with modifications would be extremely hard. Go ahead and play Beyblade how you want with your friends, but the WBO has no plans (publicly at least) for an official WBO modded Bey format.

Are you speaking on behalf of the WBO, the WBO staff, the BeyBlade community, or just you? Because that’s a very bold statement to make for the ones who would like to see a new format of gameplay; for the sake and spirit of BeyBlade. We’re all friends here; so I thought. Why not play with like minded friends in an official format that does segregate its players but integrates new ways to play officially.
WBO plays are pretty traditional ngl, but it's the biggest community. Not a bunch of options are available otherwise unfortunately, so the rules are the rules.
(Feb. 09, 2021  10:48 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  8:56 PM)Drbstp Wrote: Are they being used though? or are they “illegal” (I don’t agree with this term btw, “prohibited” sounds better) for use. People design these things to be used in battle but we’re putting restrictions on strategy. “All is far in love and war!” You can only launch a BeyBlade so many ways and some launches cause user error so why put restrictions on modifications? Why not change the game?

This also brings me to my next theory, the card game Uno was simple and genius yet they’ve changed the way the game is played several times adding new looks, rules and even added the option to make house rules. Games like this survived because they didn’t want to be left behind so the devised ways to make the game more interesting.
At that’s literally all I want. Yes BeyBlade is fun but why not push the limits. You don’t think Hasbro or TT anticipated this.

And I quote:
Several major game and toy manufacturers offered to purchase the rights, but Tezak held out until 1996, when Mattel, Inc. became owner of Uno. Best known for its toys, Mattel had never found real success with games, but with Uno Mattel got not only the game, but a game franchise.”
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  10:48 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: They are very much used. MCCs are used on Sparking combos, MGCs on God Layer combos, LCs on Cho-Z combos, and dash drivers mostly on attack and some stamina combos. Modifications are exactly what they sound like: modifications. The WBO plays Beyblade un-modified, and playing with modifications would be extremely hard. Go ahead and play Beyblade how you want with your friends, but the WBO has no plans (publicly at least) for an official WBO modded Bey format.

This also brings me to my next theory, the card game Uno was simple and genius yet they’ve changed the way the game is played several times adding new looks, rules and even added the option to make house rules. Games like this survived because they didn’t want to be left behind so the devised ways to make the game more interesting.
At that’s literally all I want. Yes BeyBlade is fun but why not push the limits. You don’t think Hasbro or TT anticipated this.

And I quote:
Several major game and toy manufacturers offered to purchase the rights, but Tezak held out until 1996, when Mattel, Inc. became owner of Uno. Best known for its toys, Mattel had never found real success with games, but with Uno Mattel got not only the game, but a game franchise.”

You should talk to the main administrators of the WBO instead. If you have some sort of competition ideas, definitely message them and who knows if your idea is good enough they might add more formats. Just recently they did add the Limited format, which emphasizes on the Turbo/Evolution series.
Aight so i have 2 kitchen knives with me, lets see what happens if i superglue them to Rage Helios2 Charge'3A and bring it to a tournament.

(This is a joke btw i wouldnt do that lol)
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:36 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Aight so i have 2 kitchen knives with me, lets see what happens if i superglue them to Rage Helios2 Charge' and bring it to a tournament.

That’s definitely not what I’m condoning but I get your dark humor.

Let’s keep it safe though. I feel like my thread could open some new doors.

(Feb. 09, 2021  11:35 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote: This also brings me to my next theory, the card game Uno was simple and genius yet they’ve changed the way the game is played several times adding new looks, rules and even added the option to make house rules. Games like this survived because they didn’t want to be left behind so the devised ways to make the game more interesting.

And I quote:

You should talk to the main administrators of the WBO instead. If you have some sort of competition ideas, definitely message them and who knows if your idea is good enough they might add more formats. Just recently they did add the Limited format, which emphasizes on the Turbo/Evolution series.
I would love to see where this goes! I appreciate your logic and your support.
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:36 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Aight so i have 2 kitchen knives with me, lets see what happens if i superglue them to Rage Helios2 Charge'3A and bring it to a tournament.

Can I have it
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:09 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  10:48 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: They are very much used. MCCs are used on Sparking combos, MGCs on God Layer combos, LCs on Cho-Z combos, and dash drivers mostly on attack and some stamina combos. Modifications are exactly what they sound like: modifications. The WBO plays Beyblade un-modified, and playing with modifications would be extremely hard. Go ahead and play Beyblade how you want with your friends, but the WBO has no plans (publicly at least) for an official WBO modded Bey format.

Are you speaking on behalf of the WBO, the WBO staff, the BeyBlade community, or just you? Because that’s a very bold statement to make for the ones who would like to see a new format of gameplay; for the sake and spirit of BeyBlade. We’re all friends here; so I thought. Why not play with like minded friends in an official format that does segregate its players but integrates new ways to play officially.
I’m speaking facts, there were little to none opinions there. I’m not stopping you from making a little community in your area to play with modded Beys at all.

Also this is nowhere close to a new idea or concept, many have already suggested it. Perhaps look into that first.
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:09 PM)Drbstp Wrote: Are you speaking on behalf of the WBO, the WBO staff, the BeyBlade community, or just you? Because that’s a very bold statement to make for the ones who would like to see a new format of gameplay; for the sake and spirit of BeyBlade. We’re all friends here; so I thought. Why not play with like minded friends in an official format that does segregate its players but integrates new ways to play officially.
I’m speaking facts, there were little to none opinions there. I’m not stopping you from making a little community in your area to play with modded Beys at all.

Also this is nowhere close to a new idea or concept, many have already suggested it. Perhaps look into that first.

Key word little, if only WBO did support some sort of advertisement
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:09 PM)Drbstp Wrote: Are you speaking on behalf of the WBO, the WBO staff, the BeyBlade community, or just you? Because that’s a very bold statement to make for the ones who would like to see a new format of gameplay; for the sake and spirit of BeyBlade. We’re all friends here; so I thought. Why not play with like minded friends in an official format that does segregate its players but integrates new ways to play officially.

I hope you mean when you say little around 2,000 people so I can beat big birds kill streak

(Feb. 09, 2021  11:45 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m speaking facts, there were little to none opinions there. I’m not stopping you from making a little community in your area to play with modded Beys at all.

No I need 2,000 people so I can beat big birds kill streak
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote:

And I quote:

Well tbf, Uno was a game where all u had to do is get a deck of uno cards at a walmart and play. I think it is better to see it like the very popular TCGs currently, namely Pokémon and Magic The Gathering. What makes these games fun is that occasionally(Ik pokemon does this every 3 months) they release new sets which keep the game interesting until right before the next set comes out. This keeps the metagame very healthy and fun. It is just like beyblade where every month or so, there'd be a new part or release out. This also affects play in a way that wouldnt be too drastic but allows "just enough" change in the meta.
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:46 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote: This also brings me to my next theory, the card game Uno was simple and genius yet they’ve changed the way the game is played several times adding new looks, rules and even added the option to make house rules. Games like this survived because they didn’t want to be left behind so the devised ways to make the game more interesting.

And I quote:

Well tbf, Uno was a game where all u had to do is get a deck of uno cards at a walmart and play. I think it is better to see it like the very popular TCGs currently, namely Pokémon and Magic The Gathering. What makes these games fun is that occasionally(Ik pokemon does this every 3 months) they release new sets which keep the game interesting until right before the next set comes out. This keeps the metagame very healthy and fun. It is just like beyblade where every month or so, there'd be a new part or release out. This also affects play in a way that wouldnt be too drastic but allows "just enough" change in the meta.

Can you give me your knife rage Helios so I can beat big birds kill streak
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:45 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m speaking facts, there were little to none opinions there. I’m not stopping you from making a little community in your area to play with modded Beys at all.

The ‘key word’ means nothing if you can’t find any opinions there. I only put little there because it can be argued that the ‘extremely hard’ part is an opinion, and knowing a certain person here, it would’ve gotten called out.
That statement alone is why I don’t believe you’re  open to change. BeyBlade is one community so when you say things like “making a little community” it’s a selfish thing to say. 

With that being said I’m starting a vote/petition for a “Modded BeyBlade Format” I’ll let the WBO decide the official rules on that particular format because I respect what they’ve started in creating this organization. Yes, there should be a list of “Illegal and Prohibited” mods (i.e Knives and actual blades, etc.) 
The intention is not to cause harm but to encourage creativity, growth and individuality. You should be able to recognize a blader based on their styles, gifts and contributions to the culture. My question to you and many is, what are you doing to help the culture?
~Mana~ or CitrusNinja3 can one of you please close this garbage of a thread?
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:09 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: ~Mana~ or CitrusNinja3 can one of you please close this garbage of a thread?
You should be suspended or closed in general just for being disrespectful to my introduction and thread alone.
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:13 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:09 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: ~Mana~ or CitrusNinja3 can one of you please close this garbage of a thread?
You should be suspended or closed in general just for being disrespectful to my introduction and thread alone.

for providing logic and straight facts? i dont think so bud.
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:14 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:13 AM)Drbstp Wrote: You should be suspended or closed in general just for being disrespectful to my introduction and thread alone.

Logic? Straight facts? If what I’ve read is facts then I must be stupid
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:14 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:13 AM)Drbstp Wrote: You should be suspended or closed in general just for being disrespectful to my introduction and thread alone.

No, for not respecting that people share views other than yours, for what you call logic and facts not being spoken on by the WBO. There are people on my thread that support my views yet your seem to be very disturbed at the through that this could be a thing one day.
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:58 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
That statement alone is why I don’t believe you’re  open to change. BeyBlade is one community so when you say things like “making a little community” it’s a selfish thing to say. 

With that being said I’m starting a vote/petition for a “Modded BeyBlade Format” I’ll let the WBO decide the official rules on that particular format because I respect what they’ve started in creating this organization. Yes, there should be a list of “Illegal and Prohibited” mods (i.e Knives and actual blades, etc.) 
The intention is not to cause harm but to encourage creativity, growth and individuality. You should be able to recognize a blader based on their styles, gifts and contributions to the culture. My question to you and many is, what are you doing to help the culture?

It’s not selfish at all, and no, it’s not one big community. And making a thread for an empty format proposal, only to make them work extra hard to make a whole ruleset on their own? That’s a terrible idea.

This isn’t the anime, Bit Beasts don’t exist, Bladers can’t travel around the globe to play with toys, and this isn’t some culture. It’s a simple hobby for spinning tops. What are you doing to help the community?
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:19 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:14 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: for providing logic and straight facts? i dont think so bud.
No, for not respecting that people share views other than yours, for what you call logic and facts not being spoken on by the WBO. There are people on my thread that support my views yet your seem to be very disturbed at the through that this could be a thing one day.

because it wont and everyone here knows it and the fact you made a dedicated thread for this nonsense is just laughable. im done speaking with you.
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:20 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:58 PM)Drbstp Wrote: That statement alone is why I don’t believe you’re  open to change. BeyBlade is one community so when you say things like “making a little community” it’s a selfish thing to say. 

It’s not selfish at all, and no, it’s not one big community. And making a thread for an empty format proposal, only to make them work extra hard to make a whole ruleset on their own? That’s a terrible idea.

This isn’t the anime, Bit Beasts don’t exist, Bladers can’t travel around the globe to play with toys, and this isn’t some culture. It’s a simple hobby for spinning tops. What are you doing to help the community?

Well I’m not trying to destroy peoples joy but I get those vibes from you. I’m sorry you feel this way.
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:21 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:20 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: It’s not selfish at all, and no, it’s not one big community. And making a thread for an empty format proposal, only to make them work extra hard to make a whole ruleset on their own? That’s a terrible idea.

Well I’m not trying to destroy peoples joy but I get those vibes from you. I’m sorry you feel this way.
I’m not purposely destroying joy, I’m just speaking facts. I’m sorry you feel that way.
How about we stop arguing and leave this thread for a bit? Way too much tension going on here.