I’m Drbstp!

(Feb. 08, 2021  6:33 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:19 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yeah, sorry that a Bey you like isn’t the Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta, but that doesn’t mean change all of the rules. Beyblade has been going on for ages, and not at any point has there been any big rule changes because one Beyblade was too weak.
Sounds like there are some individuals that aren’t open the change. Rules change all the time so do laws so why not change BeyBlade. I would love to se more intense battles, that’s what fueled the fire for me and I’m sure other bladers too. I’m sorry if the subject struck a nerve but I don’t mind a little change for the sake of make making BeyBlade more realistic and enjoyable. Also, I could care less about a “Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta” or what have you; a Bey is a Bey, make it yours and own it. There are too many copies as it is. I love seeing creativity because it’s not hurt any one but it might hurt some egos.

(Feb. 08, 2021  6:20 AM)GhostFox Wrote: Welcome to the WBO!

Thank you!

I kinda agree with you on the modification issue, although I wouldn't want to have it together with unmodified Beyblades, would be unfair. It would be cool if there was a type of tournament meant for just tweaked Beyblades. Involves more skill then buying whatever parts are meta, which changes frequently.
(Feb. 08, 2021  10:55 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:33 AM)Drbstp Wrote: Sounds like there are some individuals that aren’t open the change. Rules change all the time so do laws so why not change BeyBlade. I would love to se more intense battles, that’s what fueled the fire for me and I’m sure other bladers too. I’m sorry if the subject struck a nerve but I don’t mind a little change for the sake of make making BeyBlade more realistic and enjoyable. Also, I could care less about a “Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta” or what have you; a Bey is a Bey, make it yours and own it. There are too many copies as it is. I love seeing creativity because it’s not hurting anyone but it might hurt some egos.

Thank you!

hi, welcome!

ok, I definitely understand what you're saying. however, there are two types of WBO play, the WBO definitions are a bit different, but this is how I see it.
#1: Casual play/Unranked play. This is what you want. these tournaments have no rakings, so it's very casual and chill. this is closer to playing with friends than the other type. not a lot of people there are in it to win, but to have fun.
#2: Ranked play. Just what it sounds like. much more serious. losing affects your international ranking.

There have been talks of a third type of play, not yet instituted, I'll come back to it

anyways, modding is definitely illegal, for a few reasons. I'll only address the paper buffer mod.

#1: Strong beys. There are a lot of beys that would be unburstable with this mod. For example, sparking beys. these burst very rarely, and with a piece of paper, it would basically take the burst out of Beyblade burst. one could attempt to take every TT and Hasbro burst non-re-release in existence, and test it, but tbh, not many have that power/are willing to do it.
#2: Burst resisting parts. The Gen weight, LuciferII Chip(TT), MCC's, MGC's, Power, Around, 1D, the GT Spriggan chip, Maximum Garuda(tt and hasbro), All beys with rubber(especially Ace' and Judgment), and dash drivers all help with burst resistance. Those are simply the ones I could think of off the top of my head. there is no point for a resistor when all of these parts exist. And, if you are playing with Burst Gen 1 and 2s, there is an entire ranked format for that, to level the playing field.
#3: TT. The WBO takes a lot of its rules and such from WBBA regulated tournaments. since TT and Hasbro want to make money off of the aforementioned burst preventing parts, they probably wouldn't do this. also, the WBO has a Beyblade-selling sponsor, so I don't think we would be doing this anytime soon.

There have been talks of a new 3D printed/Modification format. who knows, you could lead the charge :). But for now, we have to address the possible problems with the formats we have, find why those possible problems exist, and if possible, find an exploitable loophole or remove the problem altogether. There have been a few things that were stupidly unfair that the WBO had to shut down, such as changing layer bases and spin directions mid-battle. For now, I would try to work with what we have before it becomes too much. That's when change naturally happens.

(Feb. 08, 2021  10:48 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Then how can you call yourself good at beyblade if all you do is play in a rule set where there’s literally no skill. It’s literally just “little Timmy you win because you can get better beys then little Jimmy”. Since gt came out beyblade has turned to a more customization based system. So why not expand off that and let people bring their own 3d printed beys and modded beys. It’ll show people’s ability’s with customization and skill at beyblade. And it won’t come with a still meta where everyone brings the same beyblade and parts and makes it a “who’s Spriggan can spin steal better then this Spriggan”. Imo it would make beyblade a lot of fun.

Therein lies a problem. Little Jimmy wins because Little Timmy had no access to a 3D printer, or could not make a decent bey. WBO Beyblade is for everyone, not just creative geniuses. we need to make a new format for that. we would also need some rules regarding legal/illegal parts and mods. Teeth strength, Metal protrusions, even weight must all be regulated. and even that must be in a format of it's own(back to the jimmy-timmy analogy).
I couldn’t agree more. Creativity is key to the pioneers, evolution, and trendsetters or BeyBlade. I would love to see a new format/category of BeyBlade. Especially for those who love to mod Beyblades. I’m not say add razor blades or dangerous gimmicks to Beys but give them something we haven’t seen before to make things interesting and new. For example, car shows! Car shows have sub-categories for everyone that specializes or does custom work. It gives people a chance to shine were most don’t and it a catalyst for community growth.

(Feb. 08, 2021  11:30 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:33 AM)Drbstp Wrote: Sounds like there are some individuals that aren’t open the change. Rules change all the time so do laws so why not change BeyBlade. I would love to se more intense battles, that’s what fueled the fire for me and I’m sure other bladers too. I’m sorry if the subject struck a nerve but I don’t mind a little change for the sake of make making BeyBlade more realistic and enjoyable. Also, I could care less about a “Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta” or what have you; a Bey is a Bey, make it yours and own it. There are too many copies as it is. I love seeing creativity because it’s not hurt any one but it might hurt some egos.

Thank you!

I kinda agree with you on the modification issue, although I wouldn't want to have it together with unmodified Beyblades, would be unfair. It would be cool if there was a type of tournament meant for just tweaked Beyblades. Involves more skill then buying whatever parts are meta, which changes frequently.
Exactly! BeyBlade has remained the same for years and just like the anime Bladers developed new ways to win. I’m not say cheat by any means but give the people an opportunity to use their creativity to share amongst the community to make improvements. 

For example, OMGBBG aka BeyBladeGeeks, they receive mods all the time some that are over the top. I couldn’t see the WBO voting for those to be used in tournaments but on the other hand I’ve seen harmless fully functional mods that mods that I don’t see being an issue and they love BeyBlade just as much as any of us. I watched a young kid on YouTube use a rubber band to help create burst resistance and it made me think about why he did it . It was because he seen the weakened design but it was his Bey so he made it better (still burstable) but better.

(Feb. 08, 2021  10:55 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:33 AM)Drbstp Wrote: Sounds like there are some individuals that aren’t open the change. Rules change all the time so do laws so why not change BeyBlade. I would love to se more intense battles, that’s what fueled the fire for me and I’m sure other bladers too. I’m sorry if the subject struck a nerve but I don’t mind a little change for the sake of make making BeyBlade more realistic and enjoyable. Also, I could care less about a “Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta” or what have you; a Bey is a Bey, make it yours and own it. There are too many copies as it is. I love seeing creativity because it’s not hurt any one but it might hurt some egos.

Thank you!

hi, welcome!

ok, I definitely understand what you're saying. however, there are two types of WBO play, the WBO definitions are a bit different, but this is how I see it.
#1: Casual play/Unranked play. This is what you want. these tournaments have no rakings, so it's very casual and chill. this is closer to playing with friends than the other type. not a lot of people there are in it to win, but to have fun.
#2: Ranked play. Just what it sounds like. much more serious. losing affects your international ranking.

There have been talks of a third type of play, not yet instituted, I'll come back to it

anyways, modding is definitely illegal, for a few reasons. I'll only address the paper buffer mod.

#1: Strong beys. There are a lot of beys that would be unburstable with this mod. For example, sparking beys. these burst very rarely, and with a piece of paper, it would basically take the burst out of Beyblade burst. one could attempt to take every TT and Hasbro burst non-re-release in existence, and test it, but tbh, not many have that power/are willing to do it.
#2: Burst resisting parts. The Gen weight, LuciferII Chip(TT), MCC's, MGC's, Power, Around, 1D, the GT Spriggan chip, Maximum Garuda(tt and hasbro), All beys with rubber(especially Ace' and Judgment), and dash drivers all help with burst resistance. Those are simply the ones I could think of off the top of my head. there is no point for a resistor when all of these parts exist. And, if you are playing with Burst Gen 1 and 2s, there is an entire ranked format for that, to level the playing field.
#3: TT. The WBO takes a lot of its rules and such from WBBA regulated tournaments. since TT and Hasbro want to make money off of the aforementioned burst preventing parts, they probably wouldn't do this. also, the WBO has a Beyblade-selling sponsor, so I don't think we would be doing this anytime soon.

There have been talks of a new 3D printed/Modification format. who knows, you could lead the charge :). But for now, we have to address the possible problems with the formats we have, find why those possible problems exist, and if possible, find an exploitable loophole or remove the problem altogether. There have been a few things that were stupidly unfair that the WBO had to shut down, such as changing layer bases and spin directions mid-battle. For now, I would try to work with what we have before it becomes too much. That's when change naturally happens.

(Feb. 08, 2021  10:48 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Then how can you call yourself good at beyblade if all you do is play in a rule set where there’s literally no skill. It’s literally just “little Timmy you win because you can get better beys then little Jimmy”. Since gt came out beyblade has turned to a more customization based system. So why not expand off that and let people bring their own 3d printed beys and modded beys. It’ll show people’s ability’s with customization and skill at beyblade. And it won’t come with a still meta where everyone brings the same beyblade and parts and makes it a “who’s Spriggan can spin steal better then this Spriggan”. Imo it would make beyblade a lot of fun.

Therein lies a problem. Little Jimmy wins because Little Timmy had no access to a 3D printer, or could not make a decent bey. WBO Beyblade is for everyone, not just creative geniuses. we need to make a new format for that. we would also need some rules regarding legal/illegal parts and mods. Teeth strength, Metal protrusions, even weight must all be regulated. and even that must be in a format of it's own(back to the jimmy-timmy analogy).
Also, I am not a 3D printer. I’ve seen it done in other forums but it goes to show that people are getting creative. I’m simply a guy that loves to tweak BeyBlades because I enjoy making things better than how I got them.

(Feb. 08, 2021  10:48 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:19 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yeah, sorry that a Bey you like isn’t the Tempest Xtend+ of the Beyblade meta, but that doesn’t mean change all of the rules. Beyblade has been going on for ages, and not at any point has there been any big rule changes because one Beyblade was too weak.
Then how can you call yourself good at beyblade if all you do is play in a rule set where there’s literally no skill. It’s literally just “little Timmy you win because you can get better beys then little Jimmy”. Since gt came out beyblade has turned to a more customization based system. So why not expand off that and let people bring their own 3d printed beys and modded beys. It’ll show people’s ability’s with customization and skill at beyblade. And it won’t come with a still meta where everyone brings the same beyblade and parts and makes it a “who’s Spriggan can spin steal better then this Spriggan”. Imo it would make beyblade a lot of fun.
My guy!🙌
(Feb. 08, 2021  11:14 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  11:09 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Unburstable doesn’t mean unbreakable. 3D prints are usually a lot better. I have reasoning behind this but I’m typing on my phone now and that makes carp kinda hard to type.

Ok and? If the kid can’t make a good bey then why should we care. Last time I checked the wbbo doesn’t do anything if a kid can’t get a good bey so why would the same not happen here?
the cheapest 3d printer i saw was $500. Cheapest metal 3d printer was $675. then one would need the time, energy, and rare skill to design a bey that would print well. even then, one would need metal refills(30 dollars a pop) and plastic refills(7 dollars for a tiny strand). assuming one would mess up a bit, that's over $760. In perspective, that's about the cost of 40 random boosters, a switch plus an xbox 1X, and a 580 mile uber(not combined). you think middle class 10 year olds could afford that, and all for a single freaking spinning top? no way.
(Feb. 09, 2021  4:44 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  11:14 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Ok and? If the kid can’t make a good bey then why should we care. Last time I checked the wbbo doesn’t do anything if a kid can’t get a good bey so why would the same not happen here?
the cheapest 3d printer i saw was $500. Cheapest metal 3d printer was $675. then one would need the time, energy, and rare skill to design a bey that would print well. even then, one would need metal refills(30 dollars a pop) and plastic refills(7 dollars for a tiny strand). assuming one would mess up a bit, that's over $760. In perspective, that's about the cost of 40 random boosters, a switch plus an xbox 1X, and a 580 mile uber(not combined). you think middle class 10 year olds could afford that, and all for a single freaking spinning top? no way.
Ok and when has the wbbo ever helped a kid because his bey isn’t good. Last time I checked, never
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:03 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  4:44 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: the cheapest 3d printer i saw was $500. Cheapest metal 3d printer was $675. then one would need the time, energy, and rare skill to design a bey that would print well. even then, one would need metal refills(30 dollars a pop) and plastic refills(7 dollars for a tiny strand). assuming one would mess up a bit, that's over $760. In perspective, that's about the cost of 40 random boosters, a switch plus an xbox 1X, and a 580 mile uber(not combined). you think middle class 10 year olds could afford that, and all for a single freaking spinning top? no way.
Ok and when has the wbbo ever helped a kid because his bey isn’t good. Last time I checked, never

Then you are very bad at checking.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:04 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:03 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Ok and when has the wbbo ever helped a kid because his bey isn’t good. Last time I checked, never

Then you are very bad at checking.
Then please inform me when
(Feb. 09, 2021  4:44 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: the cheapest 3d printer i saw was $500. Cheapest metal 3d printer was $675. then one would need the time, energy, and rare skill to design a bey that would print well. even then, one would need metal refills(30 dollars a pop) and plastic refills(7 dollars for a tiny strand). assuming one would mess up a bit, that's over $760. In perspective, that's about the cost of 40 random boosters, a switch plus an xbox 1X, and a 580 mile uber(not combined). you think middle class 10 year olds could afford that, and all for a single freaking spinning top? no way.

Idk if it counts but previously the wbo had a giveaway going on where people had the chance of getting a DX set, Lucifer The End, and World Spriggan. IF you're referring to kids that already have numerous parts(but need help finding a good combo), there are a few forums where kids could request a good combo from these parts.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:09 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:03 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Ok and when has the wbbo ever helped a kid because his bey isn’t good. Last time I checked, never

Idk if it counts but previously the wbo had a giveaway going on where people had the chance of getting a DX set, Lucifer The End, and World Spriggan. IF you're referring to kids that already have numerous parts(but need help finding a good combo), there are a few forums where kids could request a good combo from these parts.
No at a tournament
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:05 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:04 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Then you are very bad at checking.
Then please inform me when

Kids ask for combos on the site, we help them, and at tournaments (before COVID) people would lend their Beys out to kids who didn’t have many or didn’t have any for a certain format. Actually, at a Limited P3C1 Kei hosted a bit ago during COVID, they lended a Bey to someone who didn’t have any parts for Limited.

Looks like someone didn’t do their homework.

$20 compared to $760. there definitely needs to be a new format.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:17 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:05 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Then please inform me when

Kids ask for combos on the site, we help them, and at tournaments (before COVID) people would lend their Beys out to kids who didn’t have many or didn’t have any for a certain format. Actually, at a Limited P3C1 Kei hosted a bit ago during COVID, they lended a Bey to someone who didn’t have any parts for Limited.

Dang and it took you 14 minutes to reply to this. I wonder why
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:20 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:17 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Kids ask for combos on the site, we help them, and at tournaments (before COVID) people would lend their Beys out to kids who didn’t have many or didn’t have any for a certain format. Actually, at a Limited P3C1 Kei hosted a bit ago during COVID, they lended a Bey to someone who didn’t have any parts for Limited.

again, we all have lives. just finished sketching a mars rover that imma make outta pvc(for skool). chill bro
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:17 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Kids ask for combos on the site, we help them, and at tournaments (before COVID) people would lend their Beys out to kids who didn’t have many or didn’t have any for a certain format. Actually, at a Limited P3C1 Kei hosted a bit ago during COVID, they lended a Bey to someone who didn’t have any parts for Limited.

Well....you see...some people have a life to worry about. They cant be playing Beyblade 24/7.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:22 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:20 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Dang and it took you 14 minutes to reply to this. I wonder why

Well....you see...some people have a life to worry about. They cant be playing Beyblade 24/7.

When was typing on a forum the same as spinning a top

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:20 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Dang and it took you 14 minutes to reply to this. I wonder why

again, we all have lives. just finished sketching a mars rover that imma make outta pvc(for skool). chill bro

Why do you have to make a Mars rover for school? Is it because the Mars rover got sent to Mars like a week ago
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:25 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:22 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Well....you see...some people have a life to worry about. They cant be playing Beyblade 24/7.

Seems to me like you completely understand what Im saying but choose to be very pathetic about it. Regardless, I mean that they cant put their whole life towards beyblade(ie: metagaming, playing, talking on wbo, etc).

If a mod is watching, I recommend closing this server. This conversation is looking like it might get very toxic soon.

…because I have a life and school??? It only took me like a minute or two to actually type it.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:25 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:22 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Well....you see...some people have a life to worry about. They cant be playing Beyblade 24/7.

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: again, we all have lives. just finished sketching a mars rover that imma make outta pvc(for skool). chill bro

Why do you have to make a Mars rover for school? Is it because the Mars rover got sent to Mars like a week ago

it aint gonna go to mars or whatever.
why did this forum about welcoming someone on the wbo get into an argument?
calm down everyone lol.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:31 PM)Pixi Wrote: ...
calm down everyone lol.

It started when the creator/owner of the thread started arguing that the rules should be changed. I just joined in cause I was bored.

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:28 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

…because I have a life and school??? It only took me like a minute or two to actually type it.
Ok since now your back what bey did these organizers give these kids

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:27 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:25 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: When was typing on a forum the same as spinning a top

Seems to me like you completely understand what Im saying but choose to be very pathetic about it. Regardless, I mean that they cant put their whole life towards beyblade(ie: metagaming, playing, talking on wbo, etc).

If a mod is watching, I recommend closing this server. This conversation is looking like it might get very toxic soon.

I’m being pathetic about it lmao. Maybe actually type what you mean instead of adding context later. I was only going off the context I was given.

How can you say the thread is getting toxic when you said someone was being pathetic.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:32 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
calm down everyone lol.

It started when the creator/owner of the thread started arguing that the rules should be changed. I just joined in cause I was bored.

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:28 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: …because I have a life and school??? It only took me like a minute or two to actually type it.

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:27 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Seems to me like you completely understand what Im saying but choose to be very pathetic about it. Regardless, I mean that they cant put their whole life towards beyblade(ie: metagaming, playing, talking on wbo, etc).

I’m being pathetic about it lmao. Maybe actually type what you mean instead of adding context later. I was only going off the context I was given.

How can you say the thread is getting toxic when you said someone was being pathetic.

chill. we're a bunch of four year olds arguing about beyblade. no need to get heated
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:32 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
calm down everyone lol.

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:28 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: …because I have a life and school??? It only took me like a minute or two to actually type it.
I know at the Limited P3C1 tournament someone was lended a pretty good Galaxy Zeus combo, but at all other pre-COVID events, well I don’t have a log of everything but I can assume the tournament staff wouldn’t hand out Storm Spriggans, some pretty decent at least. 

But it really doesn’t matter as long as they’re passing tournament legal stuff out for the kids, right? And this isn’t a chat room where two people need to be online to chat back and forth for a while, just reply normally, this is a forum after all.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:38 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:32 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: It started when the creator/owner of the thread started arguing that the rules should be changed. I just joined in cause I was bored.

I know at the Limited P3C1 tournament someone was lended a pretty good Galaxy Zeus combo, but at all other pre-COVID events, well I don’t have a log of everything but I can assume the tournament staff wouldn’t hand out Storm Spriggans, some pretty decent at least. 

But it really doesn’t matter as long as they’re passing tournament legal stuff out for the kids, right? And this isn’t a chat room where two people need to be online to chat back and forth for a while, just reply normally, this is a forum after all.

Hold up is Spriggan requiem or cho z Spriggan allowed in limited

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:32 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: It started when the creator/owner of the thread started arguing that the rules should be changed. I just joined in cause I was bored.

chill. we're a bunch of four year olds arguing about beyblade. no need to get heated

Four year olds? Last time I checked to be on this thread you have to be 13
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:41 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:38 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I know at the Limited P3C1 tournament someone was lended a pretty good Galaxy Zeus combo, but at all other pre-COVID events, well I don’t have a log of everything but I can assume the tournament staff wouldn’t hand out Storm Spriggans, some pretty decent at least. 

Hold up is Spriggan requiem or cho z Spriggan allowed in limited

(Feb. 09, 2021  5:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: chill. we're a bunch of four year olds arguing about beyblade. no need to get heated

#1: Was a joke
#2: since when do you have to be 13? I've seen ppl like namanspryzen post on welcome threads
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: chill. we're a bunch of four year olds arguing about beyblade. no need to get heated

[/quote]

It was a joke...