How would you configure your mech?

(Aug. 08, 2010  7:49 AM)Thresher Wrote: *snip*

You're totally ignoring the Rule of Cool.
tbh i agree with Thresher

you also have to take into concideration that in animes the pilots of these mechs have a wayyy faster reaction time then anyone in real life could have, Although if the armor of a mech in real life was solid enough to withstand most long range weapons probley with the exception of nuclear missles then close range weapons such as swords and knifes would be ideal to use. This is more to do with real life im not sure if this theard is asuming with have reaction speeds as good as anime charathers.
Thresher R-really? It's a futuristic mech. Haven't you seen the show? It would take missiles to destroy that beam shield. Metal shields are at a loss, definately, but no bullet could get through the beam shield. There is no center point to hit. I will admit, though; the reaction time thing is exactly right. No real pilot has that kind of reaction time in real life.

.jpg   Mech.jpg (Size: 20.39 KB / Downloads: 74)

mine would look like this
(Aug. 08, 2010  3:42 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Thresher R-really? It's a futuristic mech. Haven't you seen the show? It would take missiles to destroy that beam shield. Metal shields are at a loss, definately, but no bullet could get through the beam shield. There is no center point to hit. I will admit, though; the reaction time thing is exactly right. No real pilot has that kind of reaction time in real life.

the destiny has a centre thingy that generates its beam sheild tho Uncertain if one was to aim for it while the sheild was disengaged then the sheild probley wouldnt function aswell or maybe not at all.lol

and tbh i do preffer close range combat with mechs but it just isnt realistic that close range is all that should be used, since the only gundams i can think of that were hardout close combat and did it well was the epyon and deathsythe although could be wrong pretty sure theyre the only 2 gundams not to have decent long range weapons like a beam rifle or beam cannon
(Aug. 08, 2010  3:42 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Thresher R-really? It's a futuristic mech. Haven't you seen the show? It would take missiles to destroy that beam shield. Metal shields are at a loss, definately, but no bullet could get through the beam shield. There is no center point to hit. I will admit, though; the reaction time thing is exactly right. No real pilot has that kind of reaction time in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4ej1tcW7I
See the thing in the middle of the shield, that's the generator and with the ynames's sniper rifle is more than capable of pulling of the shot.
[Image: Destiny+Fate+57.JPG]
[Image: SF+with+Shield+1.jpg]
Only losers pilot mechs. You're supposed to bond with it, and become friends. Semi-sentient robots forever!
(Aug. 12, 2010  5:39 PM)To Wrote: Only losers pilot mechs. You're supposed to bond with it, and become friends. Semi-sentient robots forever!

[Image: acemccl1.jpg]
Cool
(Aug. 12, 2010  5:39 PM)To Wrote: Only losers pilot mechs. You're supposed to bond with it, and become friends. Semi-sentient robots forever!
If you listen to the ramblings of Heero Yuy then you might be inclined to say Wing Zero is semi-setient, seeng as how it has a mind of it's own.
(Aug. 13, 2010  5:08 AM)Thresher Wrote: If you listen to the ramblings of Heero Yuy then you might be inclined to say Wing Zero is semi-setient, seeng as how it has a mind of it's own.

Zero sorta talks to heero and Zechs/Millardo aswell as the epyon talking to both. Pretty much anything that used the zero system talks to the pilot is is in away self thinking, i think even sandrock had the zero system installed at one point