How to obtain the rare dark blades and orthros

Hey all i just made an introduction thread. Hope this is in the right section. When i bladed, i researched very hard to find takaras and came across random boosters ( like yugioh, lol). I never researched further but how rare is the actual dark blades, uriel/ariel, gabriel and blizzard orthros? How can they be obtained? and how godlike are they? What are the best parts?

Sorry bout the questions, just a bit curious.
The Dark Beyblades come in Random Booster 8, and I was told that there was a 1/12 chance that you'd actually get a dark beyblade.

As far as usefulness, the more experienced people here will probably tell you that your money is better spent elsewhere.
Thanks for the reply. Can i please also have more informative replies? And is it true that Blizzard Orthros is the rarest beyblade off all time; if so why is this and how good is its performance?
darth yader Wrote:Thanks for the reply. Can i please also have more informative replies? And is it true that Blizzard Orthros is the rarest beyblade off all time; if so why is this and how good is its performance?
Not really. The original Takara one was a prize in a limited edition Fukubako (can't remember the year, like around 2003 I think), so it's rare but no more than some other bey from Fukubakos and Random Boosters.
As for its performance, it's no good uncustomized from what I hear and the only real useful thing about it is the SP, which do great for spin-stealing endurance combos. I don't know how they compare with the Dark series SPs though.
I don't remember the precise details about it, as I never got one, but I seem to recall that there was something unique about the blade-base as well. It had bolts or something in it for added weight.
Spinster Wrote:It had bolts or something in it for added weight.

Yeah, it had 4 screws in the bottom. I always wanted to try it out, there aren't really any other Attack based BBs that are low to the ground and you can use SP with.

And Blizzard Orthros is probably my favorite plastic beyblade as far as looks go.

The dark series aren't too rare, I often come across many of them on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

In actual battle, its decent, but theres far better choices, although everyone really bought them for the Support part because it was very useful for zombie customization.

Blizzard Orthorus, it wasn't anything great, although the base had 4 bolts for added weight and such, I only have the attack ring so i can't tell you much.

Uriel 2 was useful for the bladebase, it was practically DGMSUV in plastic mode with its flat tip. It also had a sharp tip now that i recall.

Uriel 1 is basically a reversed Dragoon Victory.

Gabriel, I'm not too sure about, but judging from the subring, it looks pretty useless and the attack ring might be useful for zombiecustomization with war lion from what I recall.
Takara Gabriel didn't have a double AR. And it was known for having the best AR for zombies.
Gabriel's AR is great for spin-stealing.

As for the Dark Beyblades, I have all of them just sitting around unopened. Planning on selling them.
Bey Brad Wrote:Gabriel's AR is great for spin-stealing.

As for the Dark Beyblades, I have all of them just sitting around unopened. Planning on selling them.

You really have all of them? wow. So youre saying on the japanese version of yahoo auctions, i can buy blizzard orthros and dark blades with ease? So if Orthos isnt the rarest blade, which is?
The rarest Beyblade is the gold-plated Wybern DJ that was given to people who worked on the anime. I saw it sell for $1200.
woah, 1200. Cant touch that, lol. So brad since you seem to have a big collection and knowledge which are the rarest blades you own? same question goes for everyone else also.
I own just about every Beyblade ... the rarest I own are probably Spike Lizard and Desert Sphinxer.
Bey Brad Wrote:I own just about every Beyblade ... the rarest I own are probably Spike Lizard and Desert Sphinxer.

You know those are rare if you've never heard of them before.

Anywhos, did Hasbro ever release the Dark Beyblades? Or by the time the movie hit NA, they already had discountinued their line?
I don't think Hasbro ever released them.
Hasbro did release the Gaia/Strata Dragoon from the movie/beginning of G-Rev though, thought they may have released them with that wave or something.

If they did, I probably would have bought them for the novelty factor. Back then, and still now, I didn't have a credit card so buying stuff online is impossible. So most of my Takara stuff is from a local toy shop that imported them. And no they weren't TT Hongli blades. The store sadly closed before G Revolution started in Japan, and the last stuff they had were later MG stuff.
No I'm almost 100% certain they released Gaia/Strata Dragoon S or whatever it was called. I remember wanting it before I had the incident with Gaia/Strata Dragoon G.
Hasbro never released Gaia Dragoon. They may have released Gaia Dragoon V, I don't recall.
Bey Brad Wrote:Hasbro never released Gaia Dragoon. They may have released Gaia Dragoon V, I don't recall.

I can confirm that V and G have been released. I liked both of them.
^ was there a Gaia/Strata HMS, I can't recall.
Takao Wrote:^ was there a Gaia/Strata HMS, I can't recall.

Yes. Hasbro released Gaia Dragoon V, G and MS
Im pretty sure the only american strata dragoon not made was the one in some clips of that movie (i kind of liked that movie). So desert sphinxer and spike lizard, how do they look , where do you get them and what are their performances like.?
That's just the ordinary Gaia Dragoon. Also, Dark Gaia Dragoon wasn't released by Hasbro either. Those 2 Beys are rare, but are totally useless.

Info for the two:
http://web.archive.org/web/2005031323430...inxer.html
http://web.archive.org/web/2005031517583...izard.html
Ryuki Wrote:Uriel 2 was useful for the bladebase, it was practically DGMSUV in plastic mode with its flat tip. It also had a sharp tip now that i recall.

Uriel2 isn't as useful as I would like it to be. The speed of the base isn't that amazing. What is useful, though, is that because of the high grip, even if it isn't moving very fast, you can pack on parts with extremely high recoil and not worry about sending yourself out of the stadium.