How to help the WBO: practical guide

With Kai-V permission I started to work on this useful guide.

If you're reading this thread it is assumed that you have read the rules and you have already submitted, in the appropriate section, a presentation, if you did not...do it now, please.

I saw many users that wants to help the community but they just don't know what to do! This guide goes towards these users, to let them know how to help the WBO with all their beyspirit!

Translations/Other Languages: Italiano

Quote:How to help the WBO?

Suggest the forum
The popularity of the forum is vital to keep it alive. Having said that, if you want to help the WBO, one of the best way to help it is by inviting many people as possible to join the WBO (don't be spammy, people hate this, and probably you also hate this, so don't be insistent). If you prefer you can use your referral link to make people join under your name, you have the right to choose to use it or not. To see your referral link go to -> User CP.

If you reach five referral...PM a staff member and he will give you...

an Amber Face
[Image: amberface.png]

Buy the "PASSPORT"
Buying a Blader Passport you will give $10 per year to the WBO. Possessing it you will have the following benefits:

- Free entry to all WBO events!
- Entrance to "Passport Only" events and contests.
- A Passport Face for your Face Collection!
- Supporting the WBO helps us continue to get bigger and better, and do more for you!

For more infos on how to buy it see the Blader Passport Page.

Donate
Probably the best way to help the WBO is by donating. You can donate any amount you want, but you have to know that if you donate at least $10 you will have a choice between receiving one of the face booster that the donation thread propose you.

When you donate an amount of money you have to tell to Kai-V or Kei the transition ID to verify the transition.

If you want to know more infos like "if I donate $20 can I have two face booster?" or other FAQ go to the Donation Page.

Donating to the WBO, you improve the service that is offered to us.

Propose valuable ideas
If you have an idea and you think that could be useful for the WBO if it is considered, make sure that the staff know about your opinions by posting your proposals in the Make your suggestions thread. Don't be too much clamant, because if the staff doesn't reply you probably your suggestions was already told by some other users or it is totally useless.

Bugs
If you find a problem with the forum or a bug in the beywiki let the committee know this by posting in the "WBO Bugs" thread, so they can fix it!

Try to host WBO approved tournament
Do you want to keep alive the WBO? Why don't you try to involve other to play in an official WBO tournament? Try to gather enough people to be able to organize a tournament, then you can post in the event proposals.
For everything related to this topic take a look to the Organized Play Forum.
If we gain more players, we gain more users.

Help with tests
If you have time to help the WBO surely more tests is something that the WBO absolutely needs! How to do it? Quite easy, buy a stadium, preferably a HMS Tornado Balance, BB-10 Attack Stadium or a Zero-G stadium and starts to play! But remember, when you do tests it is very important to use the WBO standard format that you can see in the thread "Posting Test Results". If you are good with this in future you could be an Advanced User.

BeyWiki improvements
The Beywiki is the heart of the WBO, so for this reasons we need more people that can write drafts of articles, the only requirements are:

- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent knowledge of the bey you want to write about.

The knowledge of beywiki is our knowledge.

Project of the moment
When you see a new "Project of the moment" would be great if you can try to partecipate! They are great activities that tries to encourage users to actively cooperate with the staff, and often if you partecipate with good content you can also have a prize like a face or a face booster.

If you don't understand something or you think that we can add some other things to this guide post here.
~Thank you for posting this~! ~I will definitely donate and try to host a successful tournament now~!
(Mar. 31, 2014  8:07 PM)The Ninja Wrote: ~Thank you for posting this~! ~I will definitely donate and try to host a successful tournament now~!
I am glad that this was able to help someone Smile
I would suggest adding the idea of buying a BeyStadium Attack Type or a Zero-G Stadium that is considered legal and help with testing.
Testing is also a very important element of what goes on here, so I'd add something about that too.

Good job. Smile

EDIT: Whoops, Kai-V already mentioned it, haha. XD
(Mar. 31, 2014  9:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would suggest adding the idea of buying a BeyStadium Attack Type or a Zero-G Stadium that is considered legal and help with testing.
Great! I am definitely going to work on this also Smile

EDIT: Done Grin I've also added the HMS Tornado Balance to the list, it is like an attack stadium for many reasons and many guys just have it (Bakuten Shoot fanatics like me lol), do you agree?

P.S. I think that will be very good if this thread will be sticked Smile
Uh, I don't think Tornado Balance is legal for MFB testing (unless you meant for HMS testing, haha).
(Apr. 01, 2014  2:50 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Uh, I don't think Tornado Balance is legal for MFB testing (unless you meant for HMS testing, haha).
I meant for plastic and HMS testing Smile