How to clean your metal wheel.

Poll: Does It work ?

yes! its awesome!!
72.73%
No!!!
27.27%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
It may be another buck or two but I prefer bar keeper's friend. It works well for jewelery and other items. Metal wheels and HMS parts included. Also I'd suggest possibly getting a wire brush if you can as that will do a little better for cleaning metal than a normal toothbrush. I know what you are all gonna wonder here, where am I getting this information. To answer this I'm going to be straight forward and mention that I've been going to college for art with an emphasis in metalsmithing for nearly 6 years. I've taken nearly 4 of those years working with different metals from aluminum to sterling silver.
what kind of toothpaste did you use Gpegasus im assuming regular pathmark brand,lol, by that i mean no gel or mint strips
Doesn't matter I used Sensodyine I think that's how you spell it stupid corporate companies using different names
thx i rlly wanted 2 clean my wheels but didnt no wht i shud do/use lol Minty Storm Pegasis 105RF
I tried this just out of curiosity and it worked well but after and Hour or so of playing with my blades and handeling them it started To go back to norml but it's good if your not going to be touching your blades to often. it's a good tip if you don't want to go out of your way to go buy metal polisher.
(Aug. 10, 2010  1:42 PM)victorti83plus Wrote: Yes it works!
But I heard that it may be best to use the regular/original non-whitening and non-gel toothpaste

btw, I wonder if we can use soft toothbrush to clean it?

(Aug. 11, 2010  12:15 AM)KidPegaso93 Wrote: what kind of toothpaste did you use Gpegasus im assuming regular pathmark brand,lol, by that i mean no gel or mint strips

yes you can use a soft toothbrush, however you need to rub it hard on the wheel or else it wont get shiny. just make sure you clean the toothbrush after.

well i kinda forgot what my toothpaste is called, but you can use any toothpaste.
I wouldn't use the toothbrush (on my teeth) after I used it on this.
Quote:just make sure you clean the toothbrush after.

I'm not going to use the same toothbrush for my teeth xD
cool idea but i wonder if the metal would rotten
and lose color
(Aug. 11, 2010  4:39 PM)stormpegasus14 Wrote: cool idea but i wonder if the metal would rotten
and lose color

metals don't rot, they corrode or rust and i've been putting my beyblades in boiling water (don't ask me why) and all it did was made it lose its colour (turn grey) faster.

also they don't lose their colour, they only turn really grey (as grey as wolborg MS's plastic area). but if you use this toothpaste technique then it'll still be grey but shinier and more appealing compared to doing nothing to it.

also to answer your question, eventually they will turn grey again but these metals WILL NOT rot (rust/corrode (unless you do something weird to them on purpose))
This didnt work at all it only make my bros Dark Wheel smell like Ultimate Mint....it was a good idea in theory but when used in a real situation it failed.
Then I guess everyone else was lying, maybe you were doing it wrong. Anyways just buy yourself a real metal polish and save yourself the trouble of wasting toothpaste and brushes.
heres an idea: use teh free toothbrushes you get at the dentist's office
They give you that to replace the outdated toothbrushes you have at home. Seriously this way is an alternative if you have no way to purchase a metal polisher...
My understanding is that everyone should be able to access metal polisher? It's not as if there's an age restriction or something.
LOL! My Storm Pagasus 105 smells like cinnamon now.
I dont have a metal wheel to try it on, but I think it might work...Although im a little bit concerned about the fluriode in the toothpaste.(I know I spelt it incorrectly!)The fluriode might start to eat away at the metal wheel...;(
Don't even try it buy metal polish. I'll stop posting here.
I think Baby Toothpaste may be a better option since it doesn't contain fluoride.
If your cleaning a dark metal wheel, check inside the edges just incase some toothpaste is hiding in there!
(Aug. 22, 2010  4:36 AM)StarBlast Wrote: If your cleaning a dark metal wheel, check inside the edges just incase some toothpaste is hiding in there!

That avatar looks familiar.
that had nothing to do with the thread
if you have something to say like that please keep It to PMs oh and after cleaning all of my metal wheels ( all 33 of them ) Ive found this doesnt work aswell as metal polish
(Aug. 22, 2010  4:53 AM)Moss Wrote: that had nothing to do with the thread
if you have something to say like that please keep It to PMs oh and after cleaning all of my metal wheels ( all 33 of them ) Ive found this doesnt work aswell as metal polish

Yeah, sorry...

Back on topic.

If I clean my Wheel with Metal Polish after cleaning it with toothpaste will it finally smell like Metal Again? I miss the metal smell. XD
It will probably smell the same as the metal polish.