How is WBO incorporated?

In the Promoting WBO thread Kai-V mentioned complication of using copyright material and it made me wonder how WBO was incorporated or if it was. I don't know too much about this business stuff, but at the same time I can't say I don't have any experience. So how is WBO done up legally? If I try to help out make something to promote WBO I would like to know a little about this stuff.
WBO has no affiliation with TT or Hasbro etc, and can only use storm pegasis and such in their banners because they are a non profit organisation. Therefore, if they started selling things for a profit( I assume, I'm sure they're definitely not allowed to use Storm Pegasis on selling merchandise and other such icons of the beyblade franchise) they would be in for a world of legal hurt.
Well as I understand things so long as surplus profit does not go to individuals in the WBO but is rather put towards supporting WBO events, functions, etc it is still considered to be a non-profit way of generating income. Many other non-profit organizations or charities sell products to help support whatever their organization is based around. So if you guys have rights to use pegasis for non-profit purposes, there should be no problem with selling t-shirts, posters, etc with it to help support WBO related things.

Anything more specific about how WBO is incorporated? Like under what legal act? Stuff like that?
I believe there was no such option on the T-shirt site we tried : we really had to show evidence that we had permission to use certain copyrighted materials. Possibly, if we dealt with a local T-shirt printer, there would be no problem, however we have to find a good one somewhere.
Well Pegasis is copyright material, and if you have permission to use it for non-profit purposes, wouldn't that permission suffice?
(Jun. 23, 2010  5:11 PM)Ellume Wrote: Well Pegasis is copyright material, and if you have permission to use it for non-profit purposes, wouldn't that permission suffice?

I don't think that the permission that WBO has as a non-profit organization extends to being allowed to make a profit off of Beyblade stuff.

Then again, I could be talking carp, I don't really know. Wink
(Jun. 24, 2010  3:41 AM)GenPol Wrote: I don't think that the permission that WBO has as a non-profit organization extends to being allowed to make a profit off of Beyblade stuff.
Like I tried to say earlier in this thread, legally speaking profit means taking the money made and putting it into their pocket for personal use. Non-profit means putting the money made towards funding WBO events, function, etc. Think of it like a fund raiser, it is non-profit because the money goes towards supporting WBO activities.
They seriously wanted permission from TAKARA-TOMY though, for instance ...
It's not legally their idea. They are allowed to have a sort of club or community but they can't really make anything without permission from the company. A lot of manufacturer's won't let people make stuff like that because they themselves don't want to get into legal trouble.
(Jun. 24, 2010  4:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: They seriously wanted permission from TAKARA-TOMY though, for instance ...
Alright, I thought you did have some kind of explicit permission to use it for non-profit. I'm just coming into the community so I'm still playing catchup with the details, although I honestly am finding this stuff pretty interesting Joyful_2
(Jun. 24, 2010  4:22 AM)MaxL Wrote: It's not legally their idea. They are allowed to have a sort of club or community but they can't really make anything without permission from the company. A lot of manufacturer's won't let people make stuff like that because they themselves don't want to get into legal trouble.
Makes good sense. I guess it really comes down to the specific details of the permission given.
(Jun. 24, 2010  5:21 AM)Ellume Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2010  4:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: They seriously wanted permission from TAKARA-TOMY though, for instance ...
Alright, I thought you did have some kind of explicit permission to use it for non-profit. I'm just coming into the community so I'm still playing catchup with the details, although I honestly am finding this stuff pretty interesting Joyful_2
(Jun. 24, 2010  4:22 AM)MaxL Wrote: It's not legally their idea. They are allowed to have a sort of club or community but they can't really make anything without permission from the company. A lot of manufacturer's won't let people make stuff like that because they themselves don't want to get into legal trouble.
Makes good sense. I guess it really comes down to the specific details of the permission given.

Yeah and with the way Hasbro/Takara treats us like we don't even matter I doubt they will give us any permission to actually do anything with their stuff. The fact that if you email them and tell them that they need a new stadium that doesn't break the game with a reply that basically says : "Do you work for Hasbro? Didn't think so, shut up." kinda shows that they really don't give two carp about us.
couldnt the wbo make t-shirts with the image on the very left of the top banner?
(Mar. 29, 2012  5:31 AM)Flameos Wrote: couldnt the wbo make t-shirts with the image on the very left of the top banner?

That is also copyrighted : it is the Pegasis Wheel design ...
What if you just wrote on a blue shirt with orange letters:

"WBO"

And thats it. So it wouldnt be copyright because it doesn't say "Beyblade" on it or anything,hah.
(Jun. 01, 2012  9:11 PM)Vortex-S Wrote: What if you just wrote on a blue shirt with orange letters:

"WBO"

And thats it. So it wouldnt be copyright because it doesn't say "Beyblade" on it or anything,hah.

I think some people could, IMO, get just "WBO" Possibly mixed up with "World Boxing Organization".
That is what my dad told me. Having the Pegasis Wheel would make it much easier to identify as "World Beyblade Organization".

(Jun. 01, 2012  9:22 PM)TriSix Wrote: Having the Pegasis Wheel would make it much easier to identify as "World Beyblade Organization".

Copyright Serious
Yes I know, I am just saying it would be much more easy . . . .
Yup, illegal things are alway more easy.

That said, we have a way of doing it that we have been tinkering with off and on for some time. No promises of any kind, however.
(Jun. 01, 2012  9:32 PM)TriSix Wrote: Yes I know, I am just saying it would be much more easy . . . .
If copyright didn't exist,everything would be much more easy.

Also,on your promo cards,the cyber wheel is not an issue right?

So...if the promo cards are legal...why not print the same design on shirts?

The tee shirts would be sold but the cards aren't.
(Jun. 01, 2012  9:34 PM)Hazel Wrote: Yup, illegal things are alway more easy.

That said, we have a way of doing it that we have been tinkering with off and on for some time. No promises of any kind, however.

. . . .T_T. . . . I know it would be copytight . . .

I just thought, because my dad brought it up, it would be good(IF WE COULD) have the Pegasis design to not be confused possibly with "World Boxing Organization".

Why not just get a boxing organization t shirt that says WBO?
(Aug. 21, 2012  3:09 AM)Bazooka Wrote: Why not just get a boxing organization t shirt that says WBO?

Because, uh, we are not the Boxing Organization ... ?
Why not just put the WBO banner on a T-Shirt with out the Pesasis wheels on it?
IIRC the uses Of the word beyblade on unofficial merchandise is also not allowed by Hasbro. The WBO had asked if they could make shirts but were not allowed by Hasbro.