How big is Beyblade in Japan?

I am just curious. I don't speak the language but I see a lot of tournament videos and stuff from Japan. I've never seen an advertisement for Beyblade at least where I live or met anyone else that plays it. Is it just bigger in Japan? Will Beyblade die after burst (hopefully not)? Curious on people's thoughts.
I think it might help put into perspective to say that Japan is some over a third of the population of the US and is smaller than California. You have a lot of people in a smaller area. It's easier to spread information, easier to organize an event to hit the most people, and so on.

Even if Japan only has the same percentage of people interested, their structure seems to better benefit them, if that makes sense? (Many people, smaller place.)

You might find Kei's experience in Japan to be an informative read.

Beyblade is making Takara-Tomy good money. They gave a public announcement some time ago with an apology for not providing enough stock for the Japanese public to meet demands. I see no reason they'd pull the plug on it. Stores are having trouble keeping even Hasbro's latest and greatest on shelves. Even if Hasbro dropped it, Takara-Tomy would be fine.
Im gonna do some math:

127 million in Japan. 12.7% are kids

127,000,000 x .127 = 16,129,000
So that's 16,129,000 kids. Let's say that half of them like Beyblade.
16,129,000 x 0.5 = 8,064,500. So that's about 8 million kids interested in beyblade, not counting the adults.

please grade me 100% teacher
*sarcasm*
(Apr. 23, 2018  1:37 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think it might help put into perspective to say that Japan is some over a third of the population of the US and is smaller than California. You have a lot of people in a smaller area. It's easier to spread information, easier to organize an event to hit the most people, and so on.

Even if Japan only has the same percentage of people interested, their structure seems to better benefit them, if that makes sense? (Many people, smaller place.)

You might find Kei's experience in Japan to be an informative read.

Beyblade is making Takara-Tomy good money. They gave a public announcement some time ago with an apology for not providing enough stock for the Japanese public to meet demands. I see no reason they'd pull the plug on it. Stores are having trouble keeping even Hasbro's latest and greatest on shelves. Even if Hasbro dropped it, Takara-Tomy would be fine.

That's good to hear. I will definitely read his experience. I never really thought about it like that, it must be much easier to organize and spread the word. And I am curious, I see you posting a lot on here Frostic Fox, do you go to tournaments? You seem like an important knowledgeable person haha.

(Apr. 23, 2018  2:20 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Im gonna do some math:

127 million in Japan. 12.7% are kids

127,000,000 x .127 = 16,129,000
So that's 16,129,000 kids. Let's say that half of them like Beyblade.
16,129,000 x 0.5 = 8,064,500. So that's about 8 million kids interested in beyblade, not counting the adults.

please grade me 100% teacher
*sarcasm*

Hahaha definitely better math than I'd do. Helps my perspective as well.
(Apr. 23, 2018  3:40 AM)Arcosst Wrote: That's good to hear. I will definitely read his experience. I never really thought about it like that, it must be much easier to organize and spread the word. And I am curious, I see you posting a lot on here Frostic Fox, do you go to tournaments? You seem like an important knowledgeable person haha.

I actually only got started with Burst in February and my state has no tournaments (though I'd like to help change that). I've been asking questions, reading a lot, and talking with people writing-ly here. Have learned a lot! (And made some mistakes along the way, but hey, that's part of learning, too.) I've bought Beyblades and done what testing I can, but my free time lately seems to come late at night when other people are sleeping...so I end up here on the forum when I can't be making noise, haha.

I like helping other people, especially helping people learn and understand things. I like making what I went through easier for someone else. I guess I'm kind of a teacher-type person, in a sense.

I've been interested in Japanese things for a long time, so there are some things I've learned from that. Can't seem to get away from it, haha. Even when I think life is taking me in another direction.

I know it has been rough finding others with a Beyblade interest nearby. Even when I was into the original series, I couldn't find anyone. But with Burst, my Target and Toys"R"Us have been wiped clean of the good stuff when I've tried to look, so there must be some people. It's just much more difficult to organize and sort things out for us over here. Hasbro could probably do better to help, but we just have to make the best of it.