How Do You Run Events?

so i am looking to host an event and have only just started the reading for running an event. i wanted to know if anyone that has had experience with this. if you have any tips or tricks involved in your process, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you very much and have a great day.
hey man you should look on how to run events it would be so cool search on wbo website bro

Hello, let me introduce myself.

I am BeyBladestation, I am a blader with little amounts of Beyblading in my area, but this doesn't stop me from trying to make a tournament or going to one. Just recently, due to some PayPal problems, I wasn't able to host a tournament. But in my small area, I was able to get 10 people to come so we could have some fun. In this guide, I will be teaching how you can host a tournament, and really just make it happen. I am doing this because recently I have seen people arguing with Kai-V about tournaments and a lack of them. Also adding that many people have made pointless threads asking for one, when clearly they should be hosting one themselves.

Good Luck!
From BeyBladestation.

How to host a successful Beyblade Tournament

You want to hold a tourney, and you need people. You've got the gear and stadiums, and if you don't... you buy them. Now you need 8 people, how to get them is very easy.

What are the materials that I will need to gather people for the tournament and start one?

Internet Access
A Prominent Location
Beyblade Equipment

This supply will bring you to success. It is quite simple to if you have these things.

Now, after you have initialized your materials, we will need to assess a fit location to hold your tournament! Let's look at a scenario of someone in Richmond, Virgina, you also live there and want a tournament:

Hey! I live in Virginia and I love to battle. I have lots of friends that are bladers but there are no tournaments in my area, I'm in Richmond.. anyone else?

Well, in this case, there are some factors to be evaluated.

Location - Richmond, a tourney within 30 minutes is good
He battles frequently, does he have a BB-10 Stadium?
No tournaments in area, but many bladers around!
Lives in a Capitol city, Good locations to hold a tourney!

As we can see, this user has a good location to host a tournament! What does this mean? There must be more bladers as he mentioned! So now, we should contact him via PM; and tell him we live nearby, if we do.

We have now our location of interest: Richmond, Virginia.
We now have more bladers in our area!
We live in a capitol city, where there are lots of places to use as on target location!

O.K., now, lets say we contacted him and he has:

3 friends that are bladers!

Including him and yourself, as with his friends, there are 5 people! We need 3 more!

O.K., the next part is very self explanatory. We need to find people, this is the main part of my guide!

What should I use? Well, there are many free things we can use to find people in our area, and advertise for it! What are they?:

The WBO Topic for your State, IE: Virgina
Friends that may have other bladers as friends
Local Card/Hobby Stores
YouTube - Advertise your soon-to-be Tourney there!

1. WBO Topic

Q: How will this help me?
A: You can PM people who posted in that topic, to see if they are still available! Let's search to see some topics we can get people from residing in Virgina!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Virgina-...y-Blizzard
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Richmond...-this-area
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Virginia...lives-hear
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Richmond...ders-unite

2. Friends that may have other bladers as friends!

Ask your friends to see of they have siblings or other friends as bladers! You can get more people by this!

3. Local Hobby/Card Stores

Try to find a Hobby Shop for cards and anime near you. Ask them if they sell or known Beybladers. I have done this before, I found 3 people!

4. YouTube

Advertise. It's free, and it's effortless. Make a video asking maybe your fans, or anyone in Virgina if there bladers nearby.

Seriously, after PMing so many people, getting friends in, and others, you'll have more than enough.

Now, we need to have some skills in mind, in particular of hosting a tournament. Let's list the items we need now:

*Attack Type BeyStadium
*Balance BeyStadium
*Triple Attack BeyStadium [SONO-KONG]
Beyblades

*You will only need one of those BeyStadiums to host your tourney, more are preferred.

That is really all you will need for your tourney, Beyblade wise. Now we need to setup our tournament, after we have the people, the BeyStadiums, and the location.

1. Make a new thread in the WBO General
IE: [Virginia, USA] (Tourney Name Here]
2. Post the information such as:
Location, Timing, Beyblade Format, and attendees.

That is it, now more people can come and sign up, that is if they need to!
You can add as more users become attendees.

The BeyPoint System, the vital part of a competitive tournament:

As I mentioned in the opening, I was trying to hold a tournament! I didn't know that the WBO Entry Fee went to that. So, I wasn't prepared.

So, I will teach you from my mistake. This is that you need to charge a $5 WBO Entry Fee for each competitor to use the BeyPoint System.

Once you have collected the money, you will need to send it to the WBO.

Here are 3 ways to submit the money to the WBO! Thanks, Ink. for this:

1. Submit the money into a bank account connected to PayPal. Simply donate the money through donate@worlbeyblade.org and inform a Comittee member (mainly Kai-V or Kei) that you've done so.

2. Go to a WalMart and buy a Green Dot card with the money that you've earned. Warning: there will be a $4 extra fee. Now, simply go into your PayPal account, select "Withdraw from Green Dot card" and enter the code on the backside. However much money you submitted into the card will be in your PayPal. Now donate it and inform Kai-V/Kei.

3. Simply use a credit card to donate the money and keep the physical cash. Inform Kai-V/Kei that you've done so.

NOTE: The WBO Entry Fee does not include prizes.

Now, we have to wait for tournament day! We know what to do with the money, so it's tome for the rules.

Rules:

It is best to have them memorized, but it is not necessary. You can print them out if you like, as well. It is just also good to know most of the basic rules and clauses.

We have finished the whole process, you should now have:

Established Beybladers
Prepared Beyblade Equipment
Good understading of Rules
How to find more Beybladers
Where to find more Beybladers
How to attract Beybladers
Good Understanding of the Rules
Starting the Tournament

Congratulations, you've gone through the:

How to make a Tournament happen? - The Advanced Guide!

Good Luck!
Best of wishes, BeyBladestation

Guide Stats:

3 Hours of work
Countless Grammar and Spelling Correction
Research of Standard and Universal Rules

this is how you make a bey tournament happen

this is not mine it's from a guy called beystation
That was really helpful. I didn't know about a fee but I guess it makes sense. Need to help the site survive. Welp, should be fun.
(Feb. 28, 2018  8:45 PM)shochbaum Wrote: so i am looking to host an event and have only just started the reading for running an event. i wanted to know if anyone that has had experience with this. if you have any tips or tricks involved in your process, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you very much and have a great day.

Well to run a WBO tourney you have to become an organizer.
where are u supposed to run these beyblade tournaments
Hello mate, in order to become an organiser for events I think you need to pass some sort of organisers test. Your post count has to 50 or more to do it. Maybe go to a few tournaments first or ask organisers. I would say wait a bit since you only just joined yesterday but I have no doubt that you’ll be a great organiser
(Mar. 01, 2018  4:45 AM)doomlord Wrote: where are u supposed to run these beyblade tournaments

I have found a few card shops in my area that are interested so, it should be easy.

(Mar. 01, 2018  10:36 AM)Silversylveon Wrote: Hello mate, in order to become an organiser for events I think you need to pass some sort of organisers test. Your post count has to 50 or more to do it. Maybe go to a few tournaments first or ask organisers. I would say wait a bit since you only just joined yesterday but I have no doubt that you’ll be a great organiser

Thank you for the feedback. I would love to go-to an event but there are none near me and I'm not driving 10+ hours to go to the nearest one. But, I will contact an organizer. Thank you.