Homemade Beyblades

So has anyone actually made an homemade beyblade yet or spinning top that's like beyblade.
Well I made my k-nex ones, but I also made 2 motorised ones. The only way to beat one and other is if one of them falls down. xD Which happens alot since theyre abit off-balanced. Its nothing but a mini toy fan motor with a little rounded plastic piece at the bottom that allows it to spin properly. Theres a small watch battery glued ontop with 2 wires, so thats the power source.
im working on a design for a custom bey launcher. its more than just a launcher. alot more. it has alot of stuff on it Tongue_out im hoping to make a prototype out of wood once i get my beyblades.

i need the blades to figure out the launch pattern.

after i finish the proto type ifi t works i might work on a custom beyblade design Grin
(Sep. 06, 2009  12:25 AM)L L DRAGO Wrote: what kind of beyblades will it launch

not sure. ive only seen one type of beyblade launcher, which is the first ones that came out in english and sold in walmart. i used to get those all the time. all mine were stolen Unhappy

now im getting 3 new ones, and they are different from the old ones. im goign to study those ones. then if i dont like them ill look at the other beyblades out there. Tongue_out

what beyblade launcher would you sugest? i never saw the new launchers yet. ive seen the bey launcher and the first type but thats it.
(Sep. 06, 2009  1:04 AM)BladeShark99 Wrote: What kind of STUFF are you putting on it

well i dont want to give it away yet. cause i dont want someone stealing my idea and not give me any credit. that happened with a yugioh thing. but he didnt make it right and it was complete fail.

all i will say is that it will be big! but awesome. and hopefully easy to use.

i cant really say it will be easy to use since i havent tested it yet. it may be a little heavy, but it should be ok. im hoping it will be a success :3

give me 2-3 weeks and i will try to have it finished by then. i cant promis it will be done thoguh since id need help from people and itd take a while to put together.
Ive made a motor launcher before. Pretty much just a toy fan motor with the plastic launchers part that grips onto the blades, so when you put the wire onto the battery it starts to spin. It eventually drops off but only once you remove the wire from the batery.
(Sep. 06, 2009  12:56 PM)Medz Wrote: Ive made a motor launcher before. Pretty much just a toy fan motor with the plastic launchers part that grips onto the blades, so when you put the wire onto the battery it starts to spin. It eventually drops off but only once you remove the wire from the batery.

you should have made a little buton or switch that when you push/swtich it, it disconects the battery (puts a little piece of plastic betwwen the batery and moter) Tongue_out

and motor launcher wouldnt be far. cause the regular launcher is about strengh and how well you pull it right? well theres not rlly any strengh to it but i mean like some people cant pull it as well as others.
Yeh lol. But the motor launcher depends on the battery power. ;D
My schools tech classroom was a lathe!

Wooden Fight Beyblades!
Picked up some of those Battle Strikers to keep myself busy until my MFB show up in the mail. Somehow, it's just not the same without any metal. Whipped up a simple design to get cut out on our CNC router. The aluminum was meant as a sturdy base for another plastic piece, but depths weren't calculated correctly and the PVC we use just doesn't have much weight to it. Expect to see some more intricate designs made out of the 1/4" aluminum plating we just got in. =3

[Image: DSC00095.jpg]

[Image: DSC00097.jpg]

[Image: DSC00098.jpg]
That's actually pretty cool. Nice job.

Battle Striker =/= Beyblade though Wink
*chuckles* You expecting me to build the whole thing from scratch? ^^;

I would like to yank the magnetic pad off of the winder n stick it onto a ripcord launcher, though.

Also, have any 3-pronged BB attack rings I could try n mimic while I'm trying to come up with a more intricate design?
I made these when I was 13 (I think) They're munted now, but were kick arse back in their day. Currently working on a new one which will look loads better.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

I understand and approve the improvement and create pieces, but just do not understand the usefulness of creating beyblade with blades and parts so accuminate.

Beyblade is fun to create and improve even though at times, to create them, you must use equipment that can be dangerous. But they are certainly less dangerous than a top with high RPM, out of control, and equipped with blades. They are highly dangerous to the user and damaging to others Bey.

Do not do nonsense and instead try to increase the performance of your bey using your brain, not just instinct childish "I'm doing the blade and split the opponent bey!"
Yes Kronin87 you are most certainly correct, the idea of beyblades with blades is absolutey ridiculous! Infact, I fail to understand why they're even called 'beyblades' Why not just 'beys'? But you see, a thirteen year old (which, as mentioned, I was at the time) realises none of this, to him the beyblade is nothing more than a toy. He therefore does not realise the serious implications that could result in him adding blunt aluminium blades to an out of control high speed spinning top! I would like to thank you Kronin87, for helping me to see the error in my ways, and I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me. X
You should make them anyway, just safer.
Ha, I think you missed the sarcasum. These beyblades aren't dangerous, so there is really no need to make them safer. That being said, my new beyblade won't be having them anyway.
(Nov. 11, 2009  4:58 AM)Keith Moon Wrote: Yes Kronin87 you are most certainly correct, the idea of beyblades with blades is absolutey ridiculous! Infact, I fail to understand why they're even called 'beyblades' Why not just 'beys'? But you see, a thirteen year old (which, as mentioned, I was at the time) realises none of this, to him the beyblade is nothing more than a toy. He therefore does not realise the serious implications that could result in him adding blunt aluminium blades to an out of control high speed spinning top! I would like to thank you Kronin87, for helping me to see the error in my ways, and I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me. X

Sorry but you are a bit stupid XD
Can you put a finger in a ventilator? Surprise! It hurts! And it is made of plastic!
That blunt alluminim blade are dangerous, it can hutr finger and other thing. Yes, they can not detach a hand but they aren't safe.
And above, they are absolutely useless compared to other modifications much more performance!!!

Think rationally, use physics, do not make children with rotating blades which split the opposition unmodified bey XD
[Think rationally, use physics, do not make children with rotating blades which split the opposition unmodified bey ][/quote]

Uhh, I'm not sure where you studdied sex ed, but childeren definately don't come from rotating blades which split the opposition unmodified bey. Try adding a few more words to your comments.

And another thing, I'm 18 now, so of course I realise they're useless, but as I child all that mattered was that it looked awesome. I'm only posting them because this thread is about homemade beyblades, which, dangerous useless or not, they are.

A ventilator fan is powered by a motor, so it won't stop or slow when you touch it. So yeah, your fingers are toast, but with a spinning top the only thing keeping it going is it's own momentum, which really isn't all that powerful.
OK my English sometimes is not perfect, indeed this time it was disastrous XD
What I meant anyway you could understand and that is:

Think rationally, use physics, do not make as children: "i use rotating blades which split the unmodified opponent bey" .

I know that it can't do serious damage, but surely you not stop it with only a finger.
I think the alluminium sheet is about one millimeter thick. With the rotations of a battle striker, or a Beyblade, and that diameter, I'm sure that can even cut if you have not blunted well. In any case would hurt.
If it was safe, be sure that someone produce such things. Is a beautiful thing to see, like you said, but it is not safe!

However you like it, so you are obviously free to do what you want! But does not seem the case that you say it is safe. ^^
(Nov. 13, 2009  11:44 AM)Kronin87 Wrote: OK my English sometimes is not perfect, indeed this time it was disastrous XD
What I meant anyway you could understand and that is:

Think rationally, use physics, do not make as children: "i use rotating blades which split the unmodified opponent bey" .

I know that it can't do serious damage, but surely you not stop it with only a finger.
I think the alluminium sheet is about one millimeter thick. With the rotations of a battle striker, or a Beyblade, and that diameter, I'm sure that can even cut if you have not blunted well. In any case would hurt.
If it was safe, be sure that someone produce such things. Is a beautiful thing to see, like you said, but it is not safe!

However you like it, so you are obviously free to do what you want! But does not seem the case that you say it is safe. ^^

dude you do realse that alot of people got cuts from the AR's of plastics?
also there were alot of fake WD's that were pretty much blades yet no one who used them got even a scratch from them because they were blunt
I do not understand what you mean.
Anyway, cut from plastic AR are less likely then from a bey like Keith Moon one.
Fake WD, like you say, are blunt so they can't cutting. I never said otherwise, i said instead that such things are not safe [and useless].
you dont know if its sharp or blunt by a picture >_>