Hiphop?

Must say I'm a fan of many types of music and hip hop is defs up there, none of that soulja boy bullcrap tho
haha Soulja Boy is part of the reason haters dimiss hiphop music.

Still I have to give it to him that his stuff is great for the Clubs and parties. But imo its run its course by now. Also I give him props for getting paid for all that. haha
Graffiti, and I'm trying to break dance. Getting pretty good at it.
Oh, and beatboxing.
I have a couple friends who break.

carp is nuts.
I need to underline (again?) PUBLIC ENEMY is for me the one hiphop band. No sexism carp, no mainstream-moneymaker-carp no "bad things hiphop is often hated for". So great I found this band
Some of it can be decent, but most of it, well, at least what I hear, I don't prefer it. Especially when it's being blasted at volume levels exceeding 9000.
Siliva Wrote:exceeding 9000.

Ugh. In Vancouver Brian Drummond is sighing.

Anyways for hip-hop, specifically rap, I don't mind it as long as it's not the over glamourized so called current "Gangster Rap"(Quotes because it isn't GR in my opinion). That is terrible.

I'd like to learn how to break one day aswell, but I don't think I will simply because that is way out of my comfort zone.
(Aug. 06, 2008  10:00 PM)Takao Wrote: I'd like to learn how to break one day aswell, but I don't think I will simply because that is way out of my comfort zone.

And yet putting shaving cream on your television isn't.

You are one strange individual.
I'm a rapper. Even though breakdancing is dope....i'd most likely break my face. XD
(Jul. 30, 2008  5:56 AM)Blue Wrote: haha Soulja Boy is part of the reason haters dimiss hiphop music.

Still I have to give it to him that his stuff is great for the Clubs and parties. But imo its run its course by now. Also I give him props for getting paid for all that. haha

You're right. That "Yah trick yah" carp just destroyed it for a lot of people, but he is getting his money
(Aug. 19, 2008  9:34 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2008  5:56 AM)Blue Wrote: haha Soulja Boy is part of the reason haters dimiss hiphop music.

You're right. That "Yah trick yah" carp just destroyed it for a lot of people, but he is getting his money

To much for something that simple.
(Aug. 05, 2008  11:46 PM)Sasch Wrote: I need to underline (again?) PUBLIC ENEMY is for me the one hiphop band. No sexism carp, no mainstream-moneymaker-carp no "bad things hiphop is often hated for". So great I found this band

Yo man , I'm sure you would like The Roots. They are a Band too , with live instuments. They usually on the DL though.

(Aug. 20, 2008  1:01 PM)Gruffy McGibber Wrote:

yeah but it not his fault ahaha. his "music" still sucks though

yo you said you were an MC. What you been listening too??

Producers can get obscene amounts of money for doing a drum beat. For example, E-40 - Tell me when to go
I'm a music lover. Hiphop is music. I like it on occasions, mostly Wycelf Jean and Flobots.
(Aug. 20, 2008  6:05 PM)Blue Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2008  11:46 PM)Sasch Wrote: I need to underline (again?) PUBLIC ENEMY is for me the one hiphop band. No sexism carp, no mainstream-moneymaker-carp no "bad things hiphop is often hated for". So great I found this band

Yo man , I'm sure you would like The Roots. They are a Band too , with live instuments. They usually on the DL though.

yeah but it not his fault ahaha. his "music" still sucks though

yo you said you were an MC. What you been listening too??

I listen to all kinds of Hip-Hop at least once, I wouldn't want to judge something if I didn't know what I was judging.

For particular people though WU-Tang Clan, KRS-1, Cage, Jin etc. its pretty varied.
Jin is pure class. So are The Roots. I like the way their stuff can sound kinda Jazzy while keeping a hiphop feel.
(Aug. 21, 2008  9:03 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Jin is pure class. So are The Roots. I like the way their stuff can sound kinda Jazzy while keeping a hiphop feel.

Jin=one of the best freestylist in rap.
Did you see the vid were he won open mic night either 5 or 7 times in a row? That was GREAT!
LOL Choice line
"Ask yer girl, I was doing somthing in her house, Matter fact she had my Egg roll and my Dumplings in her mouth-"
lol, the people he battles must feel stupid after he's done with em XD
He can get you about anything from your hair to your shoes