Highschool of the Dead.

Anyone see this?its up to episode 11 now and its got some real creepy zombies and....a lot of panty shots....

There needs to be less panty and more violence to be honest.

So, anyone seen it yet?
I've been reading the manga lately and you are correct there is a lot of Fan-Service among other things.
Manga has a really stupid 2 month gap between every issue.
Next issue's out 9th of november.
Zombies Apocalypse + Fanservice = good series.
This is not a good show.
I admit the story is off but i just like something about it.
I haven't seen it but I did watch an one-shot abridged of it. And it was interesting to say the least and I don't think I'll watch the series. Seems a bit stupid not to mention way to much fan-service for my liking as of now.
a show entirely based around fan-service and gore is going to be garbage unless you like senseless violence and anime anatomy
Yeah, it's the fanservice that gets me. Even in the edited version I've seen on the Anime Network, there are (PG 13 Spoiler)
I only saw parts of the the first episode, but it almost entirely consisted of highschool kids being butchered, so I wouldn't expect it to be anything less than what it is (which is committed to being perverse).
It's a really good anime, but on some points it drags.
Searched around and was surprised to see that no thread had been created for High School of the Dead, considering its' popularity. Well, talk about it here.

Oh, and anyone hear anything about a second season?
What? No one likes HSOTD? Stinks. Watch it! Here's a link to the first episode, english subbed!
Well, I've heard of it and watched the first episode (Which goes against my habit, because I rarely ever watched other subs than Bleach) but I just found it mostly boring and weird.

Although I hear many people like it very much...
(Mar. 12, 2011  3:43 AM)Dude Wrote: Well, I've heard of it and watched the first episode (Which goes against my habit, because I rarely ever watched other subs than Bleach) but I just found it mostly boring and weird.

Although I hear many people like it very much...

Haha. Well, it was kind of...how do I put this...explicit. NOT recommended for little children.
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:58 AM)Sparta Wrote: Searched around and was surprised to see that no thread had been created for High School of the Dead, considering its' popularity. Well, talk about it here.

You didn't search hard enough. Wink
(Mar. 12, 2011  4:32 AM)To Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:58 AM)Sparta Wrote: Searched around and was surprised to see that no thread had been created for High School of the Dead, considering its' popularity. Well, talk about it here.

You didn't search hard enough. Wink

Wow.. I searched the first 4 pages and didn't find anything. Oh well. I guess another one bites the dust. Haha.
That is wierd dead people i watched ep 1 it was okk woman abuse.
If you suffer the first couple of episodes you can get to
. Once you get there it gets really good. But yes, still very perverted...
The anime would be pretty awesome if only they weren't so pervy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly care about that stuff (I watch Bleach, which has a lot of those moments) but when I get tired of counting the number of times they've flashed girls panties in a single episode, there's a problem.

The premise is already pretty interesting, the drawings and coloring are good, the voice acting, even in english, is very decent and the music is awesome. You didn't need to emphasize every single girls' boobs to get an audience.
I watched the TV-version of PSN, and it really just annoyed me. I didn't actually hate what I watched of the series, but there are times where the animation is try to sex up characters while they're being devoured by zombies. It's one of the more disturbing things I've witnessed, even if it simply is googly eyed anime bimbos. So, needless to say I'm not exactly a huge fan of this show. I doubt I'd be a fan of the manga either, since I've been told it's worse in that regard.
im one of the people that LOVED this show. mostly because i didnt pay attention to the detail of "how many panty shots" "sexed up scenes" i just watched it episode by episode. watched the story unfold and at the end i was like "this was AWESOME". its only 11-13 episodes (forgot the actual count) of course they moved the story fast in each episode. 1st episode: school is regular morning 5 min later BOOM it starts Episode 2:survival of the lucky and fitest and smart Episode 3: time to get out. the rest i dont remember XD
all i saw was episode one on demand but wat channel is it on i love this show even better than my favorite anime Inuyasha