Hidden Spirit article draft

Quote:The Hidden Spirit series are a group of Beyblades which include parts to make transformable dragon figures. These figures can also be attached to the Beyblade itself through the use of poles included on the parts. All the Japanese releases, apart from [[Griffolyon]] and [[Salamalyon]], have the words Bakutenryuu and Dragon on either side of the name. All Beyblades in the series are 4-layer-series ones.

In terms of releases, the Hidden Spirit Beyblades can be divided into three categories:

*Takara and Hasbro Released
*Takara Exclusive
*Hasbro Exclusive

==Takara and Hasbro Released==
[[Griffolyon]]
[[Salamalyon]]
[[Hayate]]
[[Zinrai]]

==Takara Exclusive==
-#46 [[Bakutenryuu Raiden Dragon]] – A purple recolor of [[Hayate]].
-A-13 [[Hayate|Bakutenryuu Shin Hayate Dragon]] – A clear blue recolor of [[Hayate]].
-A-128 [[Griffolyon|Bakutenryuu Etanzel Dragon]] – A red recolor of [[Griffolyon]].
-A-135 [[Salamalyon|Bakutenryuu Donitrus Dragon]] – A blue recolor of [[Salamalyon]].
-[[Salamalyon|Bakuten Henkei Gaia Dragoon]] – A purple recolor of [[Salamalyon]]. It came with a different Weight Disk to Salamalyon too. It was released via Coro Coro magazine.
-A-115 [[Bakutenryuu ZEO Dragon]] – A unique white Beyblade released in the G Revolution era.
-A-116 [[Bakutenryuu Avairon Dragon]] – A black recolor of ZEO.

==Hasbro Exclusive==

Hasbro released these recolored versions of their originally released Hidden Spirit Beyblades:
-Hayate 2 - A navy blue recolor of [[Hayate]].
-Salamalyon 2 - An orange recolor of [[Salamalyon]].
-Griffolyon 2- A purple recolor of [[Griffolyon]].
-Zinrai 2 - A green recolor of [[Zinrai]].

==Ruling Clarification==
Out of the Hidden Spirit series the Attack Rings of [[Griffolyon]] and Salamalyon as well as their respective recolours are the only tournament legal parts.

==Mold Differences==
While the Takara releases have the poles to attach the figure parts on the Blade Bases, the Hasbro releases opted to have the attachment points put onto the AR and as such the Takara and Hasbro versions are noticeably different.

==Overall==
Some Beyblades of this series are quite easy to find, but the [[Takara]] exclusive releases are exceedingly rare and represent some of the most unknown Beyblades of the Plastic series. Overall, the Hidden Spirit series should only be bought for collection purposes, with the only exception being Griffolyon and its recolors due to its Attack Ring.
Nice draft. Actually, I see 1 or 2 names that are not on the the Missing Beys list. I will be sure to add those later today. Thanks Ultra Grin

I have to ask, what is Hayate Zinrai? I have heard of Zinrai, but I never knew the 2 were related somehow
I told you, 'ryuu' should have two u's.
(Aug. 16, 2012  7:59 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I have to ask, what is Hayate Zinrai? I have heard of Zinrai, but I never knew the 2 were related somehow

That's the wiki formatting.
(Aug. 16, 2012  8:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I told you, 'ryuu' should have two u's.

I was only copying what it said on the product list.
Change the product list then, hah.
So Zinrai is just another name for Hayate then? Otherwise, except for colors, they are identical beys, but with different Hidden Spirits?
I've edited it. Just need a verdict from th!nk.
Couple of corrections:
ZEO should be capitalised
Hayate 2 is better described as Navy Blue
and Zinrai 2 was released by hasbro as well ('twas green)
Oh, and the BH Gaia Dragoon came with a different weight disk.

And the Hasbro mold changes should be noted - I am not sure of the full extent of them though, whether they were only made to most copies of their releases of the originals, or all of them, though I strongly suspect the latter.

The only other thing is working out which beys get articles, we could do it by first-released, but I don't know, I'm not that comfortable with listing Raiden as a recolor of Hayate and so on, given they were made rather distinct, i.e. the 'spirits' were considered different characters. If we do make articles for each we still need to work out where to draw the line or we'll have a load of them. I'll give it some thought.
Yeah I was thinking about that too and i'm not sure. I mean the ones that are just recolours of earlier ones maybe shouldn't.However we want to make people more aware of them. I definitely don't think any of the hasbro recolours should get seperate pages though. I do think ZEO and Avairon deserve individual articles since they're kind of a pair in that they're supposed to be rivals.
I'm thinking the Takara official releases get articles, so
Hayate, Zinrai, Raiden, Shinn Hayate, Griffolyon, Salamalyon, ZEO, Avairon, Etanzel and Donitrus.
The '2' versions from hasbro can be dealt with as in the griffolyon article.

I'm a touch busy atm but I'll check the name stuff later as I think Bakutenryuu already contains the dragon portion so adding dragon to the end might be mistranslation.

Other thoughts:
You could consider providing some information on what the figures for each release were based on.
Also, I think it might be better to split them up into groups based on the beyblade they use/are recolors of, and state if they're brand-exclusive in the description of each, or perhaps include which beys hasbro released (and whether they were exclusive) in the mold differences section.

Very nice work though, and I figured I'd congratulate you publicly on your new face - very deserved. Smile
That seems a good way to do the individual articles. Yeah I was thinking that about the translation since I asked Kai-V about it and she said 'Ryuu' usually refers to dragon. Anyway like Kai-V said it looks like the product list may be wrong on the name. I guess we could split do that but it would be kinda wierd. You mean like this:

Hayate
Raiden -
Zinrai -
Shinn Hayate -

Or like this

Hayate
Hayate 2
Shinn hayate

Griffolyon
Etanzel
Basically the first. The 2 beys can be listed in the articles of the beys they're recolors of as having the second mold parts and the affected parts will have mold difference subsections, whereas the official takara released versions can have their own articles. I guess Etanzel/Donitrus articles would be different based on their rarity/collectability so that could justify them.

I am strongly considering having separate articles for, like, Griffolyon and Griffolyon (Hasbro), as all of the major parts (i.e. the AR and BB) are altered significantly. That would allow us to cover the '2' versions in those articles without giving them a separate article.
That said though, just sticking to mold difference sections makes comparison much easier.
I don't think there's any point having seperate article for the hasbro versions. Really the poles don't make too much difference and there's no reason in my mind why they can't be covered by mold differences sections.
They do cause issues on low tracks like storm grip against taller opponents, and then there's the bases, but yeah, I guess.

I just realised that the '2' blades used the original releases product numbers so they're not on the same level as etanzel/donitrus etc. So yeah, we will just use mold differences sections for now, at least, rather than separate articles.

The only other concern I have, which I've mentioned a few times, is the mold difference thing and whether hasbro always used the second mold or used the first mold for a while. I'd kinda written it off as error but the bistool article mentions the same thing happened with UFD and Gekiryu-Oh, so that also needs confirming, and if either is confirmed it makes the other more likely too. I wish hasbro didn't recycle Takara's pictures so often so we could tell from that, or whatever.
Personally i've never seen a takara UFD, gekiryu-oh or bistool that's the second mold but that might not mean much since i'm not too sure i've ever seen a Takara UFD and i've never seen a takara bistool up close. However the pictures on the site Kai-V found all show the first mold.
Interesting.

Also in the overall section, the Hayate clones should be mentioned, they're also good beys due to the AR. In fact it should probably be mentioned that the AR's are almost always the only reason to buy these, especially as the bases are banned (for no good reason).
The fact that bases are banned simply because they are different is rather stupid in my opinion. Around the time when we pushed for Hidden Spirit AR legalization, I didnt fight for the bases, as I figured it was better to win one unneedlessly difficult battle at a time. Perhaps we should make that push again?
Of course it's stupid, and I strongly feel they should be legalised, as there's no reason not to, other than for the Hayate etc Base which only has clip on AR attachment (though the WD doesn't come off by accident due to the design there). Right now though I don't think it's worth the hassle. I'm extremely busy at the moment so unless it's going to be quick and easy to do I'm not going to actively push for it for a while.
Just as a quick note regarding the Takara vs. Hasbro issue:

Even I can tell that there are some obvious differences between the two, and the performance is obviously affected by the changed parts. So I was wondering if it was possible to do a dual article on Beywiki, similar to those on the Wikia format?
Ex: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy
See the top.

It has different sections because each part would be too comprehensive to place under a single article. For beys like Ariel 2 and Griffolyon which have noticeable differences between versions, maybe it's possible to do 2 sections like in the One Piece article which state Takara (primary section) and Hasbro (second section?), and then add a note in the Takara article that points out said second section?

Of course, just a suggestion, I'll edit this with a format revision in a few minutes.
Griffolyon article is already done, and shows how the issue is dealt with.
It shouldn't be too hard to do, anyway, as the changes don't have that big an effect because it's moving a horrible part from the base to the only good part of any hidden spirits they changed (though maybe Salamalyons base would be improved to be usable, it'd still be horribly outclassed). Eh.

Also FWIW, all parts of the non-hayate hidden spirits were considered legal by Takara, and the AR's of Hayate and its clones were the only legal part of those.
Anyone got any comments on this? It seems mostly done.
(Aug. 16, 2012  7:09 PM)Ultra Wrote:
Quote:The Hidden Spirit series are a group of beyblades which include parts to make transformable dragon figures. These figures can also be attached to the beyblade itself through the use of poles included on the parts. All the Japanese releases, apart from [[Griffolyon]] and [[Salamalyon]], have the words Bakutenryuu and Dragon on either side of the name. All beyblades in the series are 4 layer series ones.

In terms of releases, the Hidden Spirit beyblades can be put into three categories:

*Takara Exclusive
*Hasbro Exclusive

[[Griffolyon]]
[[Salamalyon]]
[[Hayate]]
[[Zinrai]]

==Takara Exclusive==
-[[Bakutenryuu Raiden Dragon]] – A purple recolour of [[Hayate]]. Release #46.
-[[Hayate |Bakutenryuu Shin Hayate Dragon]] – A clear blue recolour of [[Hayate]]. Release A-13.
-[[Salamalyon|Bakutenryuu Donitrus Dragon]] – A blue recolour of [[Salamalyon]]. Release A-135.
-[[Griffolyon| Bakutenryuu Etanzel Dragon]] – A red recolor of [[Griffolyon]]. Release A-128.
-[[Salamalyon|Bakuten Henkei Gaia Dragoon]] – A purple recolor of [[Salamalyon]]. It came with a different weight disk to Salamalyon too. Released via Coro Coro magazine.
-[[Bakutenryuu ZEO Dragon]] – A white beyblade released in the G revolution era. This beyblade is an original release that wasn’t a recolor of a previous Hidden Spirit beyblade.
-[[Bakutenryuu Avairon Dragon]] – A black recolour of Zeo. Release A-116.

==Hasbro Exclusive==
Hasbro released these recolored versions of their originally released Hidden Spirit beyblades:
-Zinrai 2 - A green recolour of [[Zinrai]].

==Overall==
Some of the series are quite easy to find, but the [[Takara]] exclusive releases are exceedingly rare and some of the most unknown beyblades of the plastic series. Overall, the Hidden Spirit series should only be bought for collection, with the only exception being Griffolyon and its recolors due to its Attack Ring.

These are just changes that would be good IMO.
I also think that you should decide between colour and color, since you go back and forth between the two in the draft. It's just off-putting to me when you switch throughout the whole thing.

EDIT: Forgot to capitalize "Attack Ring".
Quote:The Hidden Spirit series are a group of Beyblades which include parts to make transformable dragon figures. These figures can also be attached to the Beyblade itself through the use of poles included on the parts. All the Japanese releases, apart from [[Griffolyon]] and [[Salamalyon]], have the words Bakutenryuu and Dragon on either side of the name. All Beyblades in the series are 4-layer-series ones.

In terms of releases, the Hidden Spirit Beyblades can be divided into three categories:

*Takara Exclusive
*Hasbro Exclusive

[[Griffolyon]]
[[Salamalyon]]
[[Hayate]]
[[Zinrai]]

==Takara Exclusive==
-#46 [[Bakutenryuu Raiden Dragon]] – A purple recolor of [[Hayate]].
-A-13 [[Hayate|Bakutenryuu Shin Hayate Dragon]] – A clear blue recolor of [[Hayate]].
-A-116 [[Bakutenryuu Avairon Dragon]] – A black recolor of Zeo.
-A-128 [[Griffolyon|Bakutenryuu Etanzel Dragon]] – A red recolor of [[Griffolyon]].
-A-135 [[Salamalyon|Bakutenryuu Donitrus Dragon]] – A blue recolor of [[Salamalyon]].
-[[Salamalyon|Bakuten Henkei Gaia Dragoon]] – A purple recolor of [[Salamalyon]]. It came with a different Weight Disk to Salamalyon too. It was released via Coro Coro magazine.
-[[Bakutenryuu ZEO Dragon]] – A unique white Beyblade released in the G Revolution era.

==Hasbro Exclusive==
Hasbro released these recolored versions of their originally released Hidden Spirit Beyblades:
-Zinrai 2 - A green recolor of [[Zinrai]].

==Overall==
Some Beyblades of this series are quite easy to find, but the [[Takara]] exclusive releases are exceedingly rare and represent some of the most unknown Beyblades of the Plastic series. Overall, the Hidden Spirit series should only be bought for collection purposes, with the only exception being Griffolyon and its recolors due to its Attack Ring.

OK, this should be fine now, although when publishing it on Beywiki, it may be better to use bullet points for each list rather than hyphens, aesthetically.

Also, an important point to mention might be the fact that most of those Beyblades are currently banned ?
Just uploaded this now. Not sure why I didn't notice that it was approved a year ago but I didn't haha. I added it to systems since the Hidden Spirit series is reasonably unique and also the Griffolyon article lists it's system as Hidden Spirit.