Hidden Spirit Beys

Something I have been pondering for a while now. If this thread does not belong here, it can be moved.

1st off, why is there a ban on them entirly? I have heard that the TT versions can still be launched while the figure is on the bey? Even so, that is a disadvantage, not an advantage. why ban the whole bey when you can just restrictits its use? (say that hidden spirit beys and parts can be used as long as the figure isnt on it)

2nd, this is an older ban, and there are virtualy no plastic tourneys anymore, so why is this ban still in effect?

3rd, the majority (possibly all) of the HP blades suck, so banning them was pointless anyway.

Now i beg the questions if why were thy even truely banned in the 1st place and can we remove the ban now?
Are they even supposed to be real Beyblades ? I think they were banned for similar reasons that the Light Wheel Beyblades are banned.

Also, it is up to tournament organisers to host plastics events. We will have the rules written down in case someone eventually organises a tournament for plastic Beyblades, because for sure we would not just quickly come up with all the rules by the time the tournament happens.
i think the Hidden Spirit Beyblades we're banned because of the firgure, in some cases the parts of the figure might decrease entirely the opponents stamina.
(Mar. 17, 2011  5:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Are they even supposed to be real Beyblades ? I think they were banned for similar reasons that the Light Wheel Beyblades are banned.

Also, it is up to tournament organisers to host plastics events. We will have the rules written down in case someone eventually organises a tournament for plastic Beyblades, because for sure we would not just quickly come up with all the rules by the time the tournament happens.

i can assure you they are very real beys. Attack ring, weight sisk, blade base and all. nothing like the light beys. I recomend that the beys are reinstates but the use of the beys with the digures should still be banned
Bumping this thread so that the discussion may continue about uplifting the ban on these beys. My arguments are present above, so please try not to restate things that have already been said. New arguments or supporting ideas are welcome.
Yeah I remember them. I wonder why they are banned though... And Kai-V yes they are real beyblades, just like LeonTempest said.
Because they're not really meant for battle although they can be used for it. Also the weight disk included with them only works on hidden spirt beys.
(Mar. 17, 2011  4:58 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2011  5:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Are they even supposed to be real Beyblades ? I think they were banned for similar reasons that the Light Wheel Beyblades are banned.

i can assure you they are very real beys. Attack ring, weight sisk, blade base and all. nothing like the light beys. I recomend that the beys are reinstates but the use of the beys with the digures should still be banned

They're not really orthodox Beys at all: Their Weight Disks are completely irregular and uncustomisable, as well as their Bases. Although they are able to perform better than a Light Wheel Beyblade, they are both essentially gimmicked products which are not designed for competitive battling. Kai-V wasn't comparing to Light Wheels at all; she was just saying that there are parallels in the reasons they are banned.

I don't really think there's a lot to be discussed. I severely doubt there are enough people who feel genuinely strongly about this, nor do I think the Plastic Generation competitive scene is still thriving to such an extent that this would be a significant change.
I think the AR's should be legalized, there's nothing gamebreaking about them.
I mean, it's not like even unbanned any of them would be a worty/useful purchase.
my basic argument is that the beys are carp anyway, so the weight disk being irregular has really no signifigance when you look at the whole bey. The purpose of banning something in beyblade (generally) is to prevent one combo or part from dominating the game. These beys do not do them, and therefore, should be unbanned.
Can we start by actually having plastics tournaments first ? It seems pointless to debate on this when nobody even wants to host a plastics tournament to begin with.
The purpose of this really isn't for tortaments, but for reference, in case their is a tortament held by us, or if a recreational player wants to hold a mock tortament using WBO rules and regulations. And there really is now downside to unbanning them anyway
That is very rare... MFB has become highly popular and only one guy from a million would talk of hosting a plastic tourney....
For example, LeoneTempestXIII out of the thousands of people on this site...
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:14 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: The purpose of this really isn't for tortaments, but for reference, in case their is a tortament held by us, or if a recreational player wants to hold a mock tortament using WBO rules and regulations. And there really is now downside to unbanning them anyway

Rules are done explicitly for tournaments, so yes this is really about tournaments ...

It often takes a lot of time for me to update the Rulebooks because I have to go to another house that has a Macintosh computer, and sometimes that damn BeyStadium Matrix needs to be completely redone from zero because the formatting of it often does not work, and it takes a while to do it if I want that table to look exactly like it did before.

So, if nobody is even going to have plastics tournaments and use the rules for plastics, I would appreciate if I did not spend all that time for really a detail ...
that is fair. in that case, until a day a plastic tortament be held, this wil be put aside.

or when you next update the rules, which i understand will be a long time from now b/c of what you told me, which does sound like a pain in the @$$, please remove the ban, as long as it is not an inconvenence. If it is too much then do not feel obligated. After all it is plastics, so it can wait. Thank you for your time Kai-V