Heroes (Spoilers)

well i think clare and peter have become the biggest jerks in the new season. clare thinks she can defed her self by shooting anyone she feels like and peter thinks he can save the world by have every power possible. geez sylar becoming good feels kinda weird since he seems like a better bad guy. one more thing clare blames peter for sylar blowing up costa verde yet if clare didnt show up there with the guy who gets his power from fear, then sylars son would have never died and and sylar wouldnt have blown up.
(Sep. 30, 2008  2:32 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2007  4:10 AM)Elmo Wrote: Hiro is really thoughtful Chocked. He's nice enough to let Adam live. I think that's being considerate[/sarcasm]

Sorry for reviving a practically dead topic but, I just wanted to point out that Adam can not possibly "die" by any known conventional means. Neither can Claire, Peter, Sylar, or any other person with regenerative capabilities. They've yet to discover a way to kill someone with this power, and if history repeats itself, they never will =P

Trapping Adam in a coffin was the only logical solution Hiro could come up with, and goddamn it if it ain't a good one!

I knew this :\

Anywayssssss yeahhh the new season is pretty amazing so far. I thought they tried to bring up too much with the premiere, but afterward unexpected events started to unravel. Spoila Peter with Sylar's powers seems awkward, since Peter already had somewhat the same powers. I don't see why Peter can't "understand the way things work" without Sylar's powers. Them being brothers is just freaky Chocked. So obviously Hiro is going to have to side with Adam and work sum magik...
(Oct. 07, 2008  3:04 AM)beymasterkai Wrote: well i think clare and peter have become the biggest jerks in the new season. clare thinks she can defed her self by shooting anyone she feels like and peter thinks he can save the world by have every power possible. geez sylar becoming good feels kinda weird since he seems like a better bad guy. one more thing clare blames peter for sylar blowing up costa verde yet if clare didnt show up there with the guy who gets his power from fear, then sylars son would have never died and and sylar wouldnt have blown up.

1.) The ENTIRE Heroes series, from Volume 1 to Volume 4 was written PRIOR to the filming. The writer's strike effected production only because of minor corrections and alterations to the story. The overall plot had already been written.

2.) Peter doesn't think he can "save the world by having every power possible"... He wanted to obtain Sylar's power, "Intuitive Aptitude", to analyze every possible outcome when dealing with time and space. He can depict at the various causes and effects, actions and reactions so that he doesn't "step on any more butterflies". Unfortunately, he didn't understand the insatiable hunger that came with it...

3.) Claire doesn't like to accept responsibility for her actions. She hated both of her uncles, so as far as her mentality's concerned, Peter and Gabriel did it. She's always acted that brash, with Brody, West, Angela, Noah, everyone. She's a carp' teenager.

4.) I like the way things have unfolded thus far. Everything's coming together well, and they've yet to contradict themselves.
---
To Elmo: Like aforementioned, Sylar's ability is "Intuitive Aptitude"... It's NO WHERE NEAR the same power as Peter... He doesn't absorb powers, he learns them. Not by mimicry, like Peter's "Empathic Mimicry", or Monica's "Adoptive Muscle Memory"... He has an amazing comprehension, an ability to foresee EVERY possible outcome from a certain event, and which ones will happen, which ones won't. It's the ability to indulge himself in other people's intentions and thoughts, on a much deeper level than what Matt or the Haitian can do. THAT'S why Peter needed it.

And about Adam: NEXT EPISODE SPOILER - Adam will be unable to provide Hiro with the answers regarding the formula, and Hiro will be forced to turn to befriending Daphne. This will cause an even bigger rift between him and Ando. The entire episode's synopsis can be read on the Heroes Wiki.
---

By the way, nice call Doompenguin! Mohinder's transformation is a perfect fit... I think it's amazing how they had the entire plot planned from the start... The many references to Mohinder and cockroaches... Wow...

Overall, I give Season 3 Episode 4 - 5 out of 5 stars Smile
if im not mistaken it doesnt say that syler could find all the possible outcomes. his power was that he could know how EVERYTHING works. thats it.
(Oct. 08, 2008  12:13 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: if im not mistaken it doesnt say that syler could find all the possible outcomes. his power was that he could know how EVERYTHING works. thats it.

You ARE mistaken.

"If I have your ability... I can understand the variables, and I can-"
"You can save the world?"
- Quote, conversation between Peter Petrelli and Future Gabriel Gray

Variables. A DIRECT REFERENCE to possible outcomes.

"Agh! What are you doing?!"
"I went to the future... The world ends... I took your ability so I could understand how to stop it."
- Quote, conversation between Peter Petrelli and Sylar

All the proof is in the show. Refer to earlier episodes from Season 1 and 2, as well as the MANY graphic novels, animated graphic novels, and factual tidbits that have been released over the years.

"Intuitive" by definition means without conscious thought or effort. Further expansion on the word reveals it's, "a person sensitive to the feelings of other life forms, as well as signals of nature." This is obviously an implication to comprehending time & space, as nature is not limited to superficial things like trees and oceans...

And "aptitude" is the inherent ability to acquire knowledge or skill. Like mentioned above, knowledge is not only limited to worldy things. The power allows one to FULLY explore his mind, and access his thought process on a much grander level.

In retrospect, Sylar has made it clear that he is one of the smartest AND the wisest characters on the show. It's all due to his innate ability to analyze absolutely ANYTHING, and consider every possible consequence.

---

Also, you mention in YOUR OWN POST "that he could know how EVERYTHING works"... That's EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. Don't be so close-minded as to say that he cannot comprehend how predictable an outcome may be.

This is why Hiro Nakamura pledged to never go back into the past in "The Second Coming" (season 3, episode 1). It's because he does not retain the knowledge to figure out what future events will be effected by his meddling in the past. Sylar DOES.

Doompenguin's got a firm grasp on understanding Heroes, as for Elmo and beymasterkai, you guys need to do your homework Chocked
wow pic looks nothing like sylar lol
It was taken prior to the season's premiere, the resemblance to episode four is uncanny (if you knew anything about the precognition ability, you'd know what I'm getting at). And did you even read the post before it? I've successfully negated all of your claims Smile

You should pay more attention when watching Heroes, it's a lot more in-depth than you seem to know...

Haha xD
well from what i know supposedly the only character who can predict all the possible outcomes is a character named santago in the contest to chose the next hero or whatever the contest is called. you can see part of the comercial here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeY4JkIeOjw
see i do do homework :-P and thats different from what sylar has.
(Oct. 10, 2008  9:35 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: well from what i know supposedly the only character who can predict all the possible outcomes is a character named santago in the contest to chose the next hero or whatever the contest is called. you can see part of the comercial here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeY4JkIeOjw
see i do do homework :-P and thats different from what sylar has.

Not quite. First of all, Tim Kring said that the web series based around either Santiago or Audrey is NOT official, and therefore not directly related to the Heroes universe.

Second, MANY of the abilities featured in Heroes are related to one another. If you had really done some research, you'd recall that in a deleted scene from Heroes Season Two DVD, they revealed that Kaito Nakamura had the power of probability prediction. Santiago's is specifically referred to as accelerated probability, which is essentially foreseeing events on impulse.

Sylar's ability doesn't grant him prediction. It allows him to comprehend virtually anything without any experience, and that's not limited to humans or mechanisms alone, but also the complexities of analyzing action/reaction. It's understanding the law of relativity, and being able to thoroughly comprehend cause and effect, which is exactly how he can see how things "tick". It has absolutely nothing to do with foresight, only enhanced knowledge. This is why Chandra Suresh thought that Gabriel had no discernible ability when he first met him, it's because Sylar's power isn't as black-&-white like most of them.

I've already given you the evidence above via ACTUAL QUOTES from the show, but you don't seem to want to believe that, so here's FURTHER proof taken from the wiki's synopsis of "I Am Become Death":

"In a timeline set four years in the future, as seen in "I Am Become Death", Sylar has re-assumed his identity of Gabriel Gray and is working to suppress his homicidal hunger for the sake of his son, Noah, who lives with him and Mr. Muggles. He is visited by Peter Petrelli, who is intent on learning how to activate the intuitive ability he has absorbed from him so that he can understand the complexities of changing the timeline."

Yeah... Need any more?...

If you want to follow Heroes properly, I highly advise that you pay closer attention to what they say in the episodes :\...
ok w/e you win geez what do you want a medal im not trying to fight with anyone but from the way you were describing sylar you made it look like he had santago's power. he could oviously if he took it from him, lol (i know he didnt so dont go trying to flame me for that) :-P
No. He didn't. He was saying because Sylar is able to comprehend cause and effect (Analyze etc) It allows him to figure out what will happen before he does something(understanding variables) which is different than being able to instantly predict the probability of an event. Also apparently we get to see Big Petrelli.
Ok, here's a question for you guys (I posted it once already, but the forums ate it):

Present Peter has the ability to regenerate, right? Therefore, we can assume that Future Peter also has this ability, correct? If that's the case...then how did he get his scar?

DISCUSS!
(Oct. 11, 2008  6:31 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: Ok, here's a question for you guys (I posted it once already, but the forums ate it):

Present Peter has the ability to regenerate, right? Therefore, we can assume that Future Peter also has this ability, correct? If that's the case...then how did he get his scar?

DISCUSS!

i read this somewhere before. there is a reason why he had the scar and supposedly later in the series we are going to find out why he has it.

but the real question is since he has regerative powers y did it looked like he died when clare shot him in the future! XD (I know he prob. didnt die its a joke so dont flame me Anchored Cross)
(Oct. 11, 2008  8:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: nerds

dude were all nerds! i mean c'mon beyblade lol thats pritty nerdy for us lol most ouf us are in our late teens or older! lol its all good though lol XD
(Oct. 11, 2008  1:02 PM)Jehuis Rad Wrote: No. He didn't. He was saying because Sylar is able to comprehend cause and effect (Analyze etc) It allows him to figure out what will happen before he does something(understanding variables) which is different than being able to instantly predict the probability of an event. Also apparently we get to see Big Petrelli.

Exacta-mundo. Ahh, you noticed that too! I'm so excited XD

lol, I wasn't try to fight you, beymasterkai. Initially, I was just trying to shed some light on Sylar's capabilities. Just don't be stubborn when I'm only trying to tell you the truth =P

I apologize if I may have come off strongly 0Smile

(Oct. 11, 2008  7:50 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: i read this somewhere before. there is a reason why he had the scar and supposedly later in the series we are going to find out why he has it.

Correct.

"First, it is not a mistake, Peter can regenerate, but he still has the scar. Secondly, we'll show you how later on in the series. We promise."
- Writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite

I mean, the scar's been a key factor since episode Genesis (Hiro mentions that Peter looks much different without his scar). I'm sure it was done intentionally. Thus far, the only continuity gaffe is the ambiguity behind Shanti's date of death. Mohinder said that she died of the virus before he was born, where as his mother claims that he was two during her death.

(Oct. 11, 2008  7:50 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: but the real question is since he has regerative powers y did it looked like he died when clare shot him in the future! XD (I know he prob. didnt die its a joke so dont flame me Anchored Cross)

lol, I won't. And you're right, that's yet to be fully explained. Speculations say that prolonged exposure to the Haitian's power prohibited him from using his regenerative ability long enough for the wounds to officially kill him. Others say that by removing the adrenaline gland, evolved humans can no longer access their powers.

Both of them have valid points, but are also very sketchy... Guess we'll just have to wait and see =)

(Oct. 11, 2008  8:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: nerds

Why, thank you.
Since I haven't been doing my homework (I actually have homework to do, meaning no time for researching some TV show O_O), I'm going to confine myself to asking questions, possibly stupid, idiotic questions.

Petrelli = villain behind it all? He's playing God Chocked
(Oct. 14, 2008  3:07 AM)Elmo Wrote: Since I haven't been doing my homework (I actually have homework to do, meaning no time for researching some TV show O_O), I'm going to confine myself to asking questions, possibly stupid, idiotic questions.

Still in high school? Damn, that sucks...

(Oct. 14, 2008  3:07 AM)Elmo Wrote: Petrelli = villain behind it all? He's playing God Chocked

His power has yet to be fully explained, but yeah. In a nutshell, Arthur Petrelli is the big daddy in charge.

Judging by the quote:

"You won't succeed, I'll stop you"
"Don't be ridiculous... You won't even be able to move."

- Conversation between Angela Petrelli and Arthur Petrelli

His power may be something along the lines of paralysis or immobility. The extent of his power may not be limited to physical contact alone, as Angela Petrelli seems to be paralyzed long after she wakes up from her precognitive dream.

So far it's been revealed that he's in control of Maury Parkman (Matt Parkman's father), as well as manipulating Nathan Petrelli and Daphne Millbrook (via Maury's telepathic projection of Linderman). The next episode shows him putting together a team, consisting of himself, Maury, Daphne, Knox, Adam, and Flint. He's extending an invitation to Matt, and Hiro may join through Daphne's recruitment.

Here's a synopsis of the next episode, "Dying of the Light":

Impressed by his sudden ruthlessness, Villains Knox (guest star Jamie Hector) and Daphne (guest star Brea Grant) bring Hiro (Masi Oka) — among others — into the Pinehearst fold, and give him an assignment. With Angela (Cristine Rose) and the Company paralyzed by recent events, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) goes directly to Pinehearst for answers, and irrevocably changed by the shocking meeting. Meanwhile, Claire (Hayden Panettiere) and her mother Sandra (Ashley Crow) attempt to free Meredith (Jessalyn Gilsig) from the thrall of escaped Villain Doyle (David H. Lawrence XVII), who has the ability to take mental and physical control of others. Later, Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) brings Tracy (Ali Larter) to Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy), hoping he can shed light on the surprising origin of their abilities.

Stephen Canfield's death was a tragic and heroic end to an incredible ability, vortex creation. What an amazing power...
Stephen Canfield was so tragic.

Also, gottdamnit, Hiro! What the hell, man? Killing your best friend = NOT COOL.
I know, right? EVERYONE is speculating that Hiro's devised some sort of plan but... what he did to impress Daphne and Knox was just uncalled for. I'm pretty sure the writers will make up for it, surely they didn't just jump the gun on that one...
I'm pretty sure that he's doing it as an act of self-sacrifice. If what he saw in the future is going to come true, then he's more than likely evil instead of Ando. That way, he can be sure that the formula gets into the right hands when Ando is revived.
Nah, I think what Hiro did was just plain stupidity and lack of thinking, he's afraid of the future and doesn't know what he can do to stop it (lolnosylarpowerz) so he resorts to acting without any forethought.

And uhhhh why didn't Stephen get attracted into the vortex the first few times he used his powers? Is the vortex directed to a certain direction?...because it just looks like a sphere, sucking up anything AROUND it.
(Oct. 15, 2008  4:18 AM)Elmo Wrote: Nah, I think what Hiro did was just plain stupidity and lack of thinking, he's afraid of the future and doesn't know what he can do to stop it (lolnosylarpowerz) so he resorts to acting without any forethought.

That was my immediate thought when I first saw the scene, but you should consider the fact that the show's ratings would be jeopardized if they had him betray his comrade simply because of impulse. I'm sure they'll provide a better explanation for his actions later on.

(Oct. 15, 2008  4:18 AM)Elmo Wrote: And uhhhh why didn't Stephen get attracted into the vortex the first few times he used his powers? Is the vortex directed to a certain direction?...because it just looks like a sphere, sucking up anything AROUND it.

Stephen must be able to control its guidance, and specify some sort of target, as he displayed direction on numerous occasions:

- Absorbing only the papers and files on the counter beside him
- Absorbing only Claire's stun-gun
- Absorbing only the things around the vortex, but not the floorboards directly underneath it
- Absorbing only himself
(Oct. 15, 2008  7:40 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2008  4:18 AM)Elmo Wrote: Nah, I think what Hiro did was just plain stupidity and lack of thinking, he's afraid of the future and doesn't know what he can do to stop it (lolnosylarpowerz) so he resorts to acting without any forethought.

That was my immediate thought when I first saw the scene, but you should consider the fact that the show's ratings would be jeopardized if they had him betray his comrade simply because of impulse. I'm sure they'll provide a better explanation for his actions later on.

(Oct. 15, 2008  4:18 AM)Elmo Wrote: And uhhhh why didn't Stephen get attracted into the vortex the first few times he used his powers? Is the vortex directed to a certain direction?...because it just looks like a sphere, sucking up anything AROUND it.

Stephen must be able to control its guidance, and specify some sort of target, as he displayed direction on numerous occasions:

- Absorbing only the papers and files on the counter beside him
- Absorbing only Claire's stun-gun
- Absorbing only the things around the vortex, but not the floorboards directly underneath it
- Absorbing only himself

i think hero's gonna go back in time or something and save ando, you want to know why? because when he went to the future ANDO kills him so hes gonna find a way to live lol

and i agree with anchored cross on the second part, he can control what he wants to go into the vortex. and like he said the first time he did it he sucked up his neighbor and he was charged as a "killer" so im guessing he had alot of time to practice in lvl 5 lol XD

also another dum thing i kinda noticed was that i knew that he wasnt gonna suck up sylar, because peter went to the future and who did he see? sylar or gabriel i should say lol so if he saw him in the future oviously he wasnt goin to die lol