Help Me Name My Gaming Company!!

(Jun. 15, 2011  4:49 AM)To Wrote: You're 15.
What does this have to do with the thread exactly? Could you please elaborate on why you picked that name? It'd help a lot of us.
(Jun. 15, 2011  4:58 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2011  4:49 AM)To Wrote: You're 15.
What does this have to do with the thread exactly? Could you please elaborate on why you picked that name? It'd help a lot of us.

He was making a joke. :\

Call your company /b/rothers "something."
I see we have some /b/tards that lurk here.
Lawl.
(Jun. 15, 2011  5:09 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I see we have some /b/tards that lurk here.
Lawl.
You calling me a retard? Yeah, I can rhyme.
I didn't know it was a joke. This isn't a place for a joke. Jeesh. Everyone gots to hateszin onz duh Coastuhz R Us.
No, I didn't call you a RETARD, haha.
Raigeko, do you have an idea for the name, maybe Lawl Co.?, Coasters said sarcastically. But seriously, do you have an idea.
No not really.
I can't really think about anything until there's a lot of detail and there isn't so, yeah. Tongue_out I'll just leave until there's more info about the company. xD
Guys, just gotta a new idea.
DynaVox Corp. (You can leave out the corp)
Well, Dyna makes it sound cool, appeals to guys maybe girls with the name Diana Tongue_out
Vox, like I said, one of many latin words for power.
This one's pretty catchy, too.
Elite Entertainment Industries(if you must, E Squared Industries) it'll allow you to branch out from gaming alone if necessary. I personally like Volare, it seems like a solid stand alone name. It is unique and it isn't trying so hard to be cool or catchy, it just works well. For instance Epic Games, you can tell they are trying to be cool by using the word epic.
(Jun. 15, 2011  6:03 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Guys, just gotta a new idea.
Well, Dyna makes it sound cool, appeals to guys maybe girls with the name Diana Tongue_out

I am quite sure that "vox", in Latin, only referred to "voice", "speak" ...
(Jun. 15, 2011  6:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2011  6:03 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Guys, just gotta a new idea.

I am quite sure that "vox", in Latin, only referred to "voice", "speak" ...
Well, I googled what power was in Latin and it said vox and like 15 other words, which depend on the situation at hand. And, I don't speak Latin, so I picked what I thought the "coolest" one was.
(Jun. 15, 2011  6:10 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: Well, I googled what power was in Latin and it said vox and like 15 other words, which depend on the situation at hand. And, I don't speak Latin, so I picked what I thought the "coolest" one was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vox

With such expressions as "Vox Pop", etc.
CURSES!! Well, if Vox is voice, then I got nothing. But Volare Games is very unique and sounds attractive. That is a good idea, you should keep that as the ACTUAL name of the company. Maybe one day you can rival guys like Activision and InfinityWard in the gaming industry.
You used a Wiki for some reference, Kai-V, so look at this guy from WikiAnswers:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_La...or_'power'
Someone should alert this guy that vox is for voice.
Hmm, how about Alpha Games? I like the name, and it's catchy, but it might run along the lines of trying to be too cool as well. Infinity Ward is a freaking awesome name, I wonder where they came up with that? Get some of their creativity, and BAM you've got an awesome name lol.
(Jun. 15, 2011  6:15 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: You used a Wiki for some reference, Kai-V, so look at this guy from WikiAnswers:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_La...or_'power'
Someone should alert this guy that vox is for voice.

WikiAnswers is basically like Wikia : any idiot can edit it, and even delete the correct answer you submitted first.
@Raigeko Yeah, and they make some good games, such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and soon to be 3. Hey, your first game should be to make a Call of Duty better than a Treyarch COD, seeing as their CODs aren't that good as Infinity Ward. All these gaming co's are awesome and unique names, so we gotta think the same. Volare is okay, but how do you guys like ActaVox? Mixing from Activision and the latin word for voice and/or power can be pretty creative. (Another lame attempt for a post from Coasters)
IMO, I just don't think Vox will really work, idk why.
Yeah, I know. We just gotta get another Infinity Ward thing, then we'd have a good name for Aikemi.
How about "milemium games" or "infinity games"
Well, you can't take Infinity, could get a lawsuit, but Millenium... we could play around with that.
Galaxy Studios? If you're doing a lot of types of games, the Galaxy could mean you do all kinds of stuff, far and wide, see what I'm getting at? Something that has to do with space is what I'm thinking.
How about " New Age Industries " ???
well i think it should be named ultimate games ind.
If you make shooters, you can probably use these words/phrases/items to produce inspiration, but we really don't know what games you make or what you're going for..:

P4 (a style of reticle for zooming optics) (logo can be simple typography with the proper font and still be effective)

Iron Sight (honestly most gun enthusiasts or overly-addicted COD players know what this is)

LOCK-ON (caps lock is always cool)

Ghost Ring (a type of "iron sight" mainly used for quick acquisition) (logo can be a cute ghost?)
Oh wow, thanks for all the replies, guys!

Answering a couple of your questions, our games in development are currently RPGs, MMOs, and Casual browser-based games, but we're looking to branch out in the future. Sorry for not mentioning that.

(Jun. 14, 2011  7:53 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Yeah...

What kind of games do you make? RPG's, Shooters, Etc? That could help.

Btw, which consoles do you plan to put games on?
We're starting off browser based, but we're making arrangements for the Xbox Market Place, PS Store, and a couple of other hosts. From how things turn out, we're going to make some decisions on whether we want to go full-blown console-based or stick to browser and market-place based, or a hybrid of both Smile

To give you guys a generic idea of the "seriousness" behind the company, we're currently arranging some business deals with companies such as Cyber Agent and Mochi Media, along with a couple others who would prefer to remain silent until negotiations are done and what not. We've put a lot of work into all of this, and it makes me happy to see all of you so eager to help out!

Also, looking through the thread, I'm really digging some of these names, guys!

-Frank