Hello from North Carolina

Hey, whats happening? I am a complete NooB to Beyblade, I just recently (like last week) decided to try this out. I have a 4 year old little boy and I noticed he enjoyed making things spin, so I thought "Hey, maybe he would enjoy beyblade, it looks kinds interesting." I have been into Yugioh for quite a while check me out if you are on Pojo or Youtube by chance. I am supruss3000 on those sites as well.
I had been creeping on this site for the past few days and decided to join up so I could ask questions and what not when I need to. This seems like the place that every google search links to when I type something in the search bar, so must be a good place in general.
Well, my only option for beyblades to grab and go is Wal Mart. So, I took a trip there and found some, seemed to be good, deals. They had packs of 2 beys for like 8.50, so I bought a few. Then I went back and got the Triple Impact Stadium set with 3 beys and a double launcher. The stadium I did not like at all with the changeable floor thing, so I went back and got the bolt blast stadium, which I like alot better. So, for now my collection stands with these:
Beys:
2x Galaxy Pegasus II w105 r2f
2x lightning l-drago 100 hf
2x dark cancer ch120
meteo l-drago lw105 lf
burn fireblaze 135 ms
inferno sagittario 145 s
earth wolf 105 wd
Rock orso d125 b
Rock scorpio t125 jb
Storm capricorn m145 q
Then I have these that are still in package (unsure wether its worth opening them or not)
Thermal Lacerta 130 hf
cyber pegasus 105 f
earth virgo gb145 bs
ray striker d125 cs
also have
electro leon (cant find the exact name anywhere)

Beystadiums:
Triple Battle
thunderwhip
bolt blast

Misc.
2x metal face bolts
Duotron launcher

I am also hoping to complete a trade for yugioh cards in which i should be recieving these:
poison serpant 145sd sw
lightning l drago 100 hf
metal face cyber pegasus 105 f
burn fireblaze 135 ms
rock leon 145 wb
galaxy pegasus w105 r2f
storm pegasus 105 rf
flame libra t125 es
earth eagle 145 wd
ray unicorno d125 cs

Really now Im just open for good combos, parts or beys I should be looking for, which launcher to use, best launcher for a 4 year old, and what stadiums I need.
I think I already have some of everything my wal mart has to offer, so I guess its trades and ebay from now on (unless someone knows of a cheaper place online that takes paypal).
There is probably no meta-game around here that I am aware of, but when I do something I like to do it right. So, please give me some feedback and let me know what I need to do next, thanks for having me.

If you'd like to trade beys for yugioh cards you can check out my pojo and/or youtube
Pojo link http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1007904
Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/user/SupRuss3000?feature=mhee

Subscribe to my youtube channel, once I hit the 500 mark I will be giving away some free yugioh stuff/possibly could add a beyblade to the prize package if you win and would rather have that.
Nice to meet you. I am DefStamina88. I live in Goldsboro, North Carolina.

I'm not completely smart with Beyblade combos or parts, but as for launchers (and this is off of a probie), I would use the regular string launcher and grip for you. As for the 4 year old, just to start up his experience, probably a wind and shoot, or a duotron launcher (which launches 2 at a time, helps you out with training, yet gives him a chance to win). As for stadiums? Wide Square or the regular Beystadium would be best for tournament practice. For normal battles, Lion's Lair would be good. It has no gimmicks, so no interference.

Hope that helps. Welcome and nice to meet you.

DefStamina88
DefStamina88 Thanks for the input and nice to meet you as well. I have the duotron launcher, my boy likes it pretty good. He has no problem with inserting the rip cord or pulling the cord, but he hasn't got the speed of the rip very good yet and has a tendency to launch at a bad angle which kills the spin. I hope this will help him learn that you can't win them all, because right now he is a sore loser. I'd like to get him something with like a trigger launch that can be winded up. Know of any launchers like this?
The Wind-and-Shoot launcher would be good for him. He just winds it up and pushes the trigger. Unless you try to really yank (and I mean pulling REALLY hard), he should have a chance to win. If he still ends up losing, it's probably the combos of the beys. You can go the the "Build Me a Combo!" thread for help with that. But anyway, yeah, the wind-and-shoot would be good for him.

Also, a question; what part of North Carolina do you live in?
I live at the top of I 95 right before you get to Virginia.
The Wind and Shoot is actually pretty bad, I recommend the Rev-Up. It can have a lot of power, and you can still rev-up the blade and then let go of the button. The Rev-Up, when pulled hard enough, is comparable to the Beylauncher LR in power and RPM.
(Nov. 26, 2011  12:06 AM)supruss3000 Wrote: I live at the top of I 95 right before you get to Virginia.
Ah...you live nowhere near me. I live in Goldsboro, at Seymour Johnson AFB.

(Nov. 26, 2011  12:13 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: The Wind and Shoot is actually pretty bad, I recommend the Rev-Up. It can have a lot of power, and you can still rev-up the blade and then let go of the button. The Rev-Up, when pulled hard enough, is comparable to the Beylauncher LR in power and RPM.

Well, I've never seen the Rev-up in action before, so I was never aware of it.
(Nov. 26, 2011  12:57 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2011  12:06 AM)supruss3000 Wrote: I live at the top of I 95 right before you get to Virginia.
Ah...you live nowhere near me. I live in Goldsboro, at Seymour Johnson AFB.

(Nov. 26, 2011  12:13 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: The Wind and Shoot is actually pretty bad, I recommend the Rev-Up. It can have a lot of power, and you can still rev-up the blade and then let go of the button. The Rev-Up, when pulled hard enough, is comparable to the Beylauncher LR in power and RPM.

Well, I've never seen the Rev-up in action before, so I was never aware of it.
I don't know where 95 is. The Rev-Up Launcher has good power but the Beylauncher L/R gives you more control, speaking from my experience with the two. This is one of the reasons I don't use my Rev-Up (Aside from my hate for Hasderp products). The Duotron is bad because it has to equally deliver the power from the initial "ripping" to both of the prongs for equally spin making them both as weak as each other, thus making it even worse when launching a single Bey. I live in Goldsboro, NC.
We were talking abount a launcher for a 4year old....would ne cool if you could wind it like a fishing pole then pull a trigger...I think that would ne more fun for him...what works like that?
(Nov. 26, 2011  6:32 AM)supruss3000 Wrote: We were talking abount a launcher for a 4year old....would ne cool if you could wind it like a fishing pole then pull a trigger...I think that would ne more fun for him...what works like that?

Like I said, try the Rev-Up launcher.
Just added
Rock scorpio
Rock orso
Storm capricon
Electro leon
Thunder whip stadium
To the collection

Ive been collecting for a week.
(Nov. 26, 2011  9:51 PM)supruss3000 Wrote: Just added
Rock scorpio
Rock orso
Storm capricon
Electro leon
Thunder whip stadium
To the collection

Ive been collecting for a week.
Avoid Dark Wolf and Poison Serpent at ALL costs. No matter what anyone says, the Dark wheel is a "no no" when purchasing beys.

Anyone know about the 4d stadium that comes with alot of the beyblades on ebay, its blue and usually says 4d battle stadium, someone let me know, thanks
(Nov. 28, 2011  2:50 AM)supruss3000 Wrote: Anyone know about the 4d stadium that comes with alot of the beyblades on ebay, its blue and usually says 4d battle stadium, someone let me know, thanks
Do you mean one like this?
If that is the you're talking about I'd like to point out the fact that it's not made by Takara Tomy, so I wouldn't really advise getting it.

It's not even a legal stadium IIRC.
Could someone link me to some legal stadiums? I have no idea what to look for.thx
(Nov. 28, 2011  6:23 PM)supruss3000 Wrote: Could someone link me to some legal stadiums? I have no idea what to look for.thx
Here is a BB-10 Attack Stadium it's the kind used in tournaments and needed for combo testing.
Here is a BB-33 Wide Square Stadium
Here is a BB-41 Stadium
Here is a BB-46 Stadium
Here is a BB-94 Tornado BeyStadium
There are more stadiums than this, these are just some I found on eBay, so check eBay frequently because new beyblade items are added every day. Also Takara Tomy, Sono Kong, and Hasbro are the companies that make Beyblade products anything without one of those companies listed on the product is fake.
For more information about telling if something is fake you should look at theflightyellz's guide to fakes and searching

So the bb-10 is the only one you can use for testing combos officially?
What kinds of arenas are there...ive heard of balance types and attack types....whats thw difference
Welcome to the WBO man i recommend buying Takara Tomy beys (sorry if this has already been said)
as most hasbro releases have been outclassed and Hasbro are way behind in terms of releases, you should also check out the beywiki as this will help you in terms of selecting good beys. If you have any further questions feel free to pm me or any other of our (mostly) (jokes) friendly community members
(Nov. 24, 2011  10:22 PM)supruss3000 Wrote: Hey, whats happening? I am a complete NooB to Beyblade, I just recently (like last week) decided to try this out. I have a 4 year old little boy and I noticed he enjoyed making things spin, so I thought "Hey, maybe he would enjoy beyblade, it looks kinds interesting." I have been into Yugioh for quite a while check me out if you are on Pojo or Youtube by chance. I am supruss3000 on those sites as well.
I had been creeping on this site for the past few days and decided to join up so I could ask questions and what not when I need to. This seems like the place that every google search links to when I type something in the search bar, so must be a good place in general.
Well, my only option for beyblades to grab and go is Wal Mart. So, I took a trip there and found some, seemed to be good, deals. They had packs of 2 beys for like 8.50, so I bought a few. Then I went back and got the Triple Impact Stadium set with 3 beys and a double launcher. The stadium I did not like at all with the changeable floor thing, so I went back and got the bolt blast stadium, which I like alot better. So, for now my collection stands with these:
Beys:
2x Galaxy Pegasus II w105 r2f
lightning l-drago 100 hf
meteo l-drago lw105 lf
burn fireblaze 135 ms
inferno sagittario 145 s
earth wolf 105 wd
Rock orso d125 b
Rock scorpio t125 jb
Storm capricorn m145 q
Then I have these that are still in package (unsure wether its worth opening them or not)
Thermal Lacerta 130 hf
cyber pegasus 105 f
earth virgo gb145 bs
ray striker d125 cs
also have
electro leon (cant find the exact name anywhere)

Beystadiums:
Triple Battle (changeable floors)
Bolt Blast
Thunder Whip

I have placed an order on ebay for
2x dark cancer ch120 ?
set of metal face bolts in silver

I am also hoping to complete a trade for yugioh cards in which i should be recieving these:
poison serpant 145sd sw
lightning l drago 100 hf
metal face cyber pegasus 105 f
burn fireblaze 135 ms
rock leon 145 wb
galaxy pegasus w105 r2f
storm pegasus 105 rf
flame libra t125 es
earth eagle 145 wd
ray unicorno d125 cs

Really now Im just open for good combos, parts or beys I should be looking for, which launcher to use, best launcher for a 4 year old, and what stadiums I need.
I think I already have some of everything my wal mart has to offer, so I guess its trades and ebay from now on (unless someone knows of a cheaper place online that takes paypal).
There is probably no meta-game around here that I am aware of, but when I do something I like to do it right. So, please give me some feedback and let me know what I need to do next, thanks for having me.

If you'd like to trade beys for yugioh cards you can check out my pojo and/or youtube
Pojo link http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1007904
Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/user/SupRuss3000?feature=mhee

Subscribe to my youtube channel, once I hit the 500 mark I will be giving away some free yugioh stuff/possibly could add a beyblade to the prize package if you win and would rather have that.

Welcome to the WBO! Enjoy your stay here! The WBO is always glad to accommodate another member! If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: Definitely avoid Poison Serpent. The BB-15 Launcher should be good for your 4 year old. It can be bought on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Beyblade-Bb-15-Lau...945&sr=8-1

Storm Pegasis/Pegasus is a must, especially for attack types. However, if you do plan to use attack types, I would use them in BB-10 Attack type Beystadium, because Hasbro's stadiums do not favor attack types much. Cyber Pegasus is..meh, not the absolutely most necessary purchase, seeing as from what I can tell, you've already got two Metal Facebolts on the way. Rock Leone isn't the best; I would suggest getting Rock Zurafa/Giraffe instead. Comes with R145, which is useful for attack types, and WB, which; even though it is outclassed, is still a good defense tip. Rock Zurafa/Giraffe comes with more useful parts than Rock Leone. Flame Libra doesn't really have many good parts, if it even has any. T125, is quite outclassed, and not even used anymore (from what I've heard) and ES, has horrible balance, which causes it to scrape on the stadium floor, hence losing stamina. Flame is severely outclassed, and the Clear Wheel doesn't really matter for the most part. Earth Eagle is very good. Comes with Earth, which is still a good defense/stamina MW, even though it is outclassed. Ray Unicorno is a good one, specifically for the CS performance tip, which, as it is said in the Beywiki, is incredibly versatile in each category: Defense, Attack, and Stamina. Galaxy Pegasus is alright, mainly for R2F, seeing as rubber performance tips are the best for attack types. Burn Fireblaze/Phoenix is alright, but Burn is already outclassed for Stamina by Phantom by what I've read, so not the most necessary purchase. MS also has the same problems as ES: Bad balance, =bad stamina. Not that necessary anymore with Phantom Orion B: D around. Phantom Orion is also a must. And if your son likes attack types, then get VariAres D: D for him, since VariAres is the best attack wheel released in the metagame yet. Thermal Lacerta consists of outclassed parts. This goes for the entire Bey. I would suggest selling that now, seeing as there are no useful parts in it. Earth Virgo is alright, seeing as it comes with Earth, and GB145 is a good defense track, but GB145's use has diminished, and is kind of niche now. Ray Striker, same as Ray Unicorno. Anyway, PM me if you have any questions.
Just got 2 dark cancer..another lightning l drago...metal face bolts....
(Dec. 07, 2011  11:26 PM)supruss3000 Wrote: Just got 2 dark cancer..another lightning l drago...metal face bolts....
Why did you get two? You don't really need 2 CH120s do you?
(Dec. 07, 2011  11:26 PM)supruss3000 Wrote: Just got 2 dark cancer..another lightning l drago...metal face bolts....

You are no longer to use this thread, as it has been well over a week since you joined. Post this in the "Recent Beyblade Purchases" thread in the Bey Marketplace.

(Dec. 07, 2011  11:30 PM)hitsugiya Wrote:
Why did you get two? You don't really need 2 CH120s do you?

You should know better than to post here after this long.