Hello! Eager to dive deep into the hobby and have questions for experienced bladers!

Hello everyone hows it going? I came into the possession of a decent sized beyblade collection about a week ago (mix of original gen, HMS, and MF) due to picking up a small plastic bin with a bunch of beys in it a thrift store, Im a reseller who mainly sells collectibles on ebay and intended to resell them. Despite having no real nostalgia for them(I was a kid during original gen but never had beys and only played with them a couple times at a friends) I found myself compelled to find out more about them and see what the newer Burst beys are like so I went out and bought the vortex climb battle set as well as a turbo achilles A4, and tyros t2/doomscizor d2 combo pack that were all on clearance. Im definitely enjoying messing around with them so far but I have some questions for people more experienced with the hobby. Is there a good in depth beginners guide to learning all the different stuff there is to know about beys such as what makes one good or bad? Why do I see hyper sphere talked down on and also why are they banned from tournaments? Not a deal breaker for me but kind of lame how the newest and most widely available series seem looked down on. Which series of beys would be best to buy? If I plan on getting into the hobby seriously should I be buying TT instead of Hasbro? What should I buy next? Im in Texas, since Hasbro beys are made here are there any special shops or anything like that here that I should know about? Is there a good beyblade scene in Texas since they are made here? 

Sorry for all the questions Im just genuinely interested into getting seriously into the hobby and its kind of daunting cause I cant find any good in depth guides just very surface levels ones. I have experience in hobbies such as Warhammer 40k and yugioh just a fyi.
You should bye TT if you want good beys but I would say that Hasbro is more fun with all of it’s gimmicks
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:34 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: You should bye TT if you want good beys but I would say that Hasbro is more fun with all of it’s gimmicks

Besides TT using metal in energy layers and hasbro not, what is the difference between the two? what gimmicks do Hasbro have that TT dont? Would you say TT are better to buy for competitive and hasbro for casual fun, thats what I figured but it seems like most TT are banned from the main format WBO uses?
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:36 PM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:34 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: You should bye TT if you want good beys but I would say that Hasbro is more fun with all of it’s gimmicks

Besides TT using metal in energy layers and hasbro not, what is the difference between the two? what gimmicks do Hasbro have that TT dont? Would you say TT are better to buy for competitive and hasbro for casual fun, thats what I figured but it seems like most TT are banned from the main format WBO uses?

In the main format everything is usually allowed, but limited restricts TT use with minimal Hasbro bans. I would say that while Hasbro rarely includes metal or rubber nowadays on their beys they are much more fun as they’re stadiums are all customized to work with the special drivers and their stadiums are really fun. TT beys are still really fun (if you were to get any I would recommend Master Diabolos, Rage Longinus, and/or World Spriggan), but hasbro is just more fun with their special drivers and layers. Also Hasbro is years more balanced than TT since in each new generation of burst beys they typically far overshadow the previous generation which means that you have to buy the next gen beys to get useful beys. Hasbro however is different because you can use your Doomsciser to fight your Harmony Pegasus. However in the end I would recommend waiting for superking to end if your are working with a budget before getting TT beys
The hypersphere was only banned in classic and limited last I checked
You should really only buy TT at this current time, since all of the good hasbro stuff is sought after and taken immediately. Now, hypersphere is talked down on because of how different it was from the actual GT series. It was basically neutered, for lack of a better word. Hypersphere is banned from tournaments for multiple reasons, but mainly because they need to be in their own stadium that the basic beys cant compete in. Hasbro seemed to peak around evolution. Turbo Achilles is definitely worth it, and the tyros/doomscizor combo pack is a nice pick up. You got original, hms and MF which would help for reselling. The best way to get good beginners info is definitely on the WBO discord, where people are more accessible. While I'm not the most EXPERIENCED of experienced bladers, i can help you get the gist of things like the meta and such. And as always, if you need any help, you can always dm someone for answers. You can dm me for more all around info, but there are people who specialize in each gen and THOSE are the people you want to go to for all the in-depth info.
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:49 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: You should really only buy TT at this current time, since all of the good hasbro stuff is sought after and taken immediately. Now, hypersphere is talked down on because of how different it was from the actual GT series. It was basically neutered, for lack of a better word. Hypersphere is banned from tournaments for multiple reasons, but mainly because they need to be in their own stadium that the basic beys cant compete in. Hasbro seemed to peak around evolution. Turbo Achilles is definitely worth it, and the tyros/doomscizor combo pack is a nice pick up.  You got original, hms and MF which would help for reselling. The best way to get good beginners info is definitely on the WBO discord, where people are more accessible. While I'm not the most EXPERIENCED of experienced bladers, i can help you get the gist of things like the meta and such. And as always, if you need any help, you can always dm someone for answers. You can dm me for more all around info, but there are people who specialize in each gen and THOSE are the people you want to go to for all the in-depth info.
What habro stuff is good? or is there a tier list of some kind?
(Sep. 10, 2020  10:40 PM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:49 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: You should really only buy TT at this current time, since all of the good hasbro stuff is sought after and taken immediately. Now, hypersphere is talked down on because of how different it was from the actual GT series. It was basically neutered, for lack of a better word. Hypersphere is banned from tournaments for multiple reasons, but mainly because they need to be in their own stadium that the basic beys cant compete in. Hasbro seemed to peak around evolution. Turbo Achilles is definitely worth it, and the tyros/doomscizor combo pack is a nice pick up.  You got original, hms and MF which would help for reselling. The best way to get good beginners info is definitely on the WBO discord, where people are more accessible. While I'm not the most EXPERIENCED of experienced bladers, i can help you get the gist of things like the meta and such. And as always, if you need any help, you can always dm someone for answers. You can dm me for more all around info, but there are people who specialize in each gen and THOSE are the people you want to go to for all the in-depth info.
What habro stuff is good? or is there a tier list of some kind?

I would say these are the top 5 hasbro beys
1. Turbo Spryzen
2. Turbo Achilles
3.Dread Hades
4.Cho-z Valkyrie
5. Nightmare Luinor or Archer Hercules
take cho-z valk off and replace it with caynox due to bearings absolute brokenness.
Hercules h4 should be 3, its slopes (along with the tightness of eternal-s) are stupidly better that most, if not all hasbro beys.
(Sep. 11, 2020  12:17 AM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: take cho-z valk off and replace it with caynox due to bearings absolute brokenness.
Hercules h4 should be 3, its slopes (along with the tightness of eternal-s) are stupidly better that most, if not all hasbro beys.

I was talking about the beys in full stock. Caynox is far outclassed by Cho-z Valtryek and nightmare luinor.
(Sep. 10, 2020  10:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  10:40 PM)Bey Chungus Wrote: What habro stuff is good? or is there a tier list of some kind?

I would say these are the top 5 hasbro beys
1. Turbo Spryzen
2. Turbo Achilles
3.Dread Hades
4.Cho-z Valkyrie

Thanks I really appreciate all the info. So is limited the format for all wbo tournaments? Also what are some other good blades by Hasbro? I actually found spryzen at the Walgreens right by my house but I'm going to go do a little hunting in the area right now to see if I can find some clearance stuff, the Walmart right by me is out of all their slingshot beys because they had them marked downed for clearance so I'm thinking maybe another walmart will have them.
(Sep. 11, 2020  12:54 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  10:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would say these are the top 5 hasbro beys
1. Turbo Spryzen
2. Turbo Achilles
3.Dread Hades
4.Cho-z Valkyrie

Thanks I really appreciate all the info. So is limited the format for all wbo tournaments? Also what are some other good blades by Hasbro? I actually found spryzen at the Walgreens right by my house but I'm going to go do a little hunting in the area right now to see if I can find some clearance stuff, the Walmart right by me is out of all their slingshot beys because they had them marked downed for clearance so I'm thinking maybe another walmart will have them.
Three Formats for Burst Beys

Burst Classic for Dual and Single layers

Burst Limited for God Beys

Burst Standard current Meta
(Sep. 11, 2020  12:54 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  10:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would say these are the top 5 hasbro beys
1. Turbo Spryzen
2. Turbo Achilles
3.Dread Hades
4.Cho-z Valkyrie

You definitely want to have Dread Hades or Nightmare Luinor because Both of them have metal on them. Try testing your luck at Target as they usually have good beys like Union Achilles, Turbo Valtryek, Turbo Achilles, etc
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:27 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  12:54 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote: Thanks I really appreciate all the info. So is limited the format for all wbo tournaments? Also what are some other good blades by Hasbro? I actually found spryzen at the Walgreens right by my house but I'm going to go do a little hunting in the area right now to see if I can find some clearance stuff, the Walmart right by me is out of all their slingshot beys because they had them marked downed for clearance so I'm thinking maybe another walmart will have them.
Three Formats for Burst Beys

what are god beys? and whats the difference between dual and single layer? sorry for umb questions. I had tried looking up what god beys are the other day and was still kind of confused.

(Sep. 11, 2020  1:29 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  12:54 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote: Thanks I really appreciate all the info. So is limited the format for all wbo tournaments? Also what are some other good blades by Hasbro? I actually found spryzen at the Walgreens right by my house but I'm going to go do a little hunting in the area right now to see if I can find some clearance stuff, the Walmart right by me is out of all their slingshot beys because they had them marked downed for clearance so I'm thinking maybe another walmart will have them.

You definitely want to have Dread Hades or Nightmare Luinor because Both of them have metal on them. Try testing your luck at Target as they usually have good beys like Union Achilles, Turbo Valtryek, Turbo Achilles, etc

Thanks thats good to know cuz I was under the impression that none of the Hasbro ones had that.  Also I have turbo Achilles and just bought turbo spryzen, if their energy layers are banned in tournaments why are they good to have, just for casual play or are the parts besides the energy layers useful on other beys? Also how can you tell a bey is good or not like I want to know why certain parts/beys are better or worse than others  and stuff but I can't really seem to find a guide on that.
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:37 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:27 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Three Formats for Burst Beys

what are god beys? and whats the difference between dual and single layer? sorry for umb questions. I had tried looking up what god beys are the other day and was still kind of confused.

(Sep. 11, 2020  1:29 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: You definitely want to have Dread Hades or Nightmare Luinor because Both of them have metal on them. Try testing your luck at Target as they usually have good beys like Union Achilles, Turbo Valtryek, Turbo Achilles, etc

Thanks thats good to know cuz I was under the impression that none of the Hasbro ones had that.  Also I have turbo Achilles and just bought turbo spryzen, if their energy layers are banned in tournaments why are they good to have, just for casual play or are the parts besides the energy layers useful on other beys? Also how can you tell a bey is good or not like I want to know why certain parts/beys are better or worse than others  and stuff but I can't really seem to find a guide on that.

Turbo Spryzen and Turbo Achilles are allowed in Standard but are two of the only layers banned in limited. I also take it that you are new to burst, and so I would recommend looking at Zankye or Beyblade Geek’s channels for more information on Burst both hasbro and TT
(Sep. 11, 2020  2:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:37 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote: what are god beys? and whats the difference between dual and single layer? sorry for umb questions. I had tried looking up what god beys are the other day and was still kind of confused.

Turbo Spryzen and Turbo Achilles are allowed in Standard but are two of the only layers banned in limited. I also take it that you are new to burst, and so I would recommend looking at Zankye or Beyblade Geek’s channels for more information on Burst both hasbro and TT

Oh ok didn't realize there was standard and limited thanks for the clarification, ill read more stuff here on wbo tonight. And I will definitely check out Zankye I have seen some bbg vids already and they are good vids but in the vids ive seen they dont really explain why beys are good or why a certain part is good but maybe I'm just watching wrong vids.
(Sep. 11, 2020  2:52 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  2:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Turbo Spryzen and Turbo Achilles are allowed in Standard but are two of the only layers banned in limited. I also take it that you are new to burst, and so I would recommend looking at Zankye or Beyblade Geek’s channels for more information on Burst both hasbro and TT

Oh ok didn't realize there was standard and limited thanks for the clarification, ill read more stuff here on wbo tonight. And I will definitely check out Zankye I have seen some bbg vids already and they are good vids but in the vids ive seen they dont really explain why beys are good or why a certain part is good but maybe I'm just watching wrong vids.

So the videos do testing and if they are beating beys quite often they are usually good. You also should watch LeftBurst’s video on ranking the systems.
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:37 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:27 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Three Formats for Burst Beys

(Sep. 11, 2020  1:29 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: You definitely want to have Dread Hades or Nightmare Luinor because Both of them have metal on them. Try testing your luck at Target as they usually have good beys like Union Achilles, Turbo Valtryek, Turbo Achilles, etc

Single-layer beys are very light, dual are heavier, and god/switchstrike layers are heavier than dual, and god/switchstrike beys have gimmicks that work to various success. All Cho-z beys include metal, and all turbo/slingshock beys emphasize on working w/ a special stadium. GT beys are made of 3 parts in the layer: the gt chip, the layer weight, and the layer base, and Hypershere/rise beys have a special type stadium that they work well on (not the same as turbo/slingshock). Sparking beys are made of 4 parts: the chip core, the sparking chip, the ring, and the chassis. some chassis accommodate disks, but most do not. Go to the Beyblade fandom for more info, hope this helped.
(Sep. 11, 2020  6:57 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  1:37 AM)Bey Chungus Wrote: what are god beys? and whats the difference between dual and single layer? sorry for umb questions. I had tried looking up what god beys are the other day and was still kind of confused.

Single-layer beys are very light, dual are heavier, and god/switchstrike layers are heavier than dual, and god/switchstrike beys have gimmicks that work to various success. All Cho-z beys include metal, and all turbo/slingshock beys emphasize on working w/ a special stadium. GT beys are made of 3 parts in the layer: the gt chip, the layer weight, and the layer base, and Hypershere/rise beys have a special type stadium that they work well on (not the same as turbo/slingshock). Sparking beys are made of 4 parts: the chip core, the sparking chip, the ring, and the chassis. some chassis accommodate disks, but most do not. Go to the Beyblade fandom for more info, hope this helped.
thank you your comment is super helpful because I was getting very confused as to what was classified as what.
(Sep. 11, 2020  9:45 PM)Bey Chungus Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2020  6:57 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Single-layer beys are very light, dual are heavier, and god/switchstrike layers are heavier than dual, and god/switchstrike beys have gimmicks that work to various success. All Cho-z beys include metal, and all turbo/slingshock beys emphasize on working w/ a special stadium. GT beys are made of 3 parts in the layer: the gt chip, the layer weight, and the layer base, and Hypershere/rise beys have a special type stadium that they work well on (not the same as turbo/slingshock). Sparking beys are made of 4 parts: the chip core, the sparking chip, the ring, and the chassis. some chassis accommodate disks, but most do not. Go to the Beyblade fandom for more info, hope this helped.
thank you your comment is super helpful because I was getting very confused as to what was classified as what.
No problem.