Hasbro vs. TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Burst Testing, Comparison & Discussion

(Sep. 26, 2016  3:34 AM)Barreto Wrote: That's true, though Hasbro would probably be heavily underused until they release more beys (and that's implying they release more beys that are better than their TT counterparts).

Could the committee do some "Hasbro Bursts on to the Scene" events (that don't affect your BeyRank)? Making them either Hasbro only or mixed, so we can see how they perform in a tournament setting.

The purpose of our Bursts Onto the Scene events was to get a difficult-to-find product into the hands of new players. It doesn't make sense for us to spend money to help market and give away Hasbro's release, IMO.

More unranked events would be cool, but I don't know that it needs to be connected to this.
(Sep. 26, 2016  3:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The purpose of our Bursts Onto the Scene events was to get a difficult-to-find product into the hands of new players. It doesn't make sense for us to spend money to help market and give away Hasbro's release, IMO.

More unranked events would be cool, but I don't know that it needs to be connected to this.

Ah sorry I didn't remember the giving away beys part of BOTS, I just meant a series of unranked tournaments mainly for Hasbro/Mixed beys.
That would be cool, we could look to do something like that in the spring after Burst launches in the US.
(Sep. 24, 2016  12:07 PM)Leo Burst Wrote: Wow Kei, this is an amazing post. Super useful and exactly how I felt with the Hasbros I got.

Thank you! Glad to hear your impressions were the same; means there's some truth that emerged from the hours of work we put in to put this thread together haha.

(Sep. 24, 2016  2:44 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: So Hasbro actually bursts MORE?

Well, yes. That's what the data says, so that's what happened. With TAKARA-TOMY launchers, mind you. Hasbro probably didn't design their slope mechanism with TT launchers in mind since they haven't released anything nearly as strong (yet, at least; they did release the most powerful launcher of the previous generation–the Rev-up Launcher–so anything's possible).

It's important to note that though they do burst more often on the high level view we were taking when compiling those statistics, that won't necessarily translate to actual competitive play because you might not run in to match-ups where bursting is as frequent as it was in our compiled statistics. Those statistics just give you a sort of abstract overview.

(Sep. 25, 2016  12:35 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I don't like the idea that neither the Hasbro drivers nor the Hasbro layers are the same as the TT ones, meaning that picking a low wear Valkyrie means you're locked out of the full speed Accel, for example. Certain combos are essentially arbitrarily removed from our options pool this way.

To me, the differences are what makes all of this so exciting! As for Accel specifically, you can at least substitute it for Hasbro Zephyr which is faster than Hasbro Accel.

(Sep. 25, 2016  12:47 AM)philo1114 Wrote: thanks for all the testings. It must've been a long and boring repetitive work to do the testings.

May i ask about the spinning performance of the hasbro beyblades? I mean the raw spinning duration.

Haha, it was more interesting than anything. It was like testing brand new parts. The most painful set of tests was Storm Spriggan (TT) vs Nepstrius (Hasbro) though ... 7 DBFs and another draw to get 10 rounds done lol.

(Sep. 25, 2016  1:25 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote: Remember that this data does not mean that all Hasbro pieces are bad.

Yeah, exactly! There's definitely some Hasbro parts which are bad/got nerfed due to mold changes (Nepstrius, Odax), but there's also parts which are just as good or better than their TT counterparts (Valtryek, Storm Spryzen, etc).
(Sep. 28, 2016  6:37 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  12:35 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I don't like the idea that neither the Hasbro drivers nor the Hasbro layers are the same as the TT ones, meaning that picking a low wear Valkyrie means you're locked out of the full speed Accel, for example. Certain combos are essentially arbitrarily removed from our options pool this way.
To me, the differences are what makes all of this so exciting! As for Accel specifically, you can at least substitute it for Hasbro Zephyr which is faster than Hasbro Accel.

My issue is not that Hasbro part 1 isn't the same as TT part 1, that's perfectly fine and definitely makes things more interesting. My issue is that Hasbro layer 1 can't go on TT driver 3, say, hindering customization since Hasbro driver 3 is not the same part and TT layer 1 is similarly distinct from its Hasbro equivalent.
It does hinder customization, but it also introduces a new set of interesting compromises and advantages.
(Sep. 28, 2016  10:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It does hinter customization, but it also introduces a new set of interesting compromises and advantages.

I agree, I think that from a building perspective "oh I could have this layer and I think its pretty good but then I won't be able to use this driver, what other driver could I use?" is a very fun sort of question to face and would diversify things at least a little.
I guess this could go here...

Crazy! Great video, 1234beyblade.

Basically the opposite experience of what I've had with Valkyrie Knuckle Variable. The amount of self-bursting in your video was astonishing to me because it didn't happen anywhere near as much with mine during my testing and usage of it at the last Toronto event. Maybe I'll do some more testing soon and post a thread ...

Would be great if other people could try this out and see how it goes for them (and note how tight their combo is).
Dang, that framerate

Also it's a bit of a shame that combo tightness can vary so much between different copies of the same part
My Valtryek feels pretty tight but rattles a tiny bit with most disks. However, plated red heavy results in a totally tight fit.
I find that Hasbro are both the Takara
(Oct. 10, 2016  11:30 PM)Spriggan13 Wrote: I find that Hasbro are both the Takara

What do you mean by this?
(Oct. 12, 2016  12:30 AM)Voqics Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2016  11:30 PM)Spriggan13 Wrote: I find that Hasbro are both the Takara

Hasbro are both the Takara for fighting and burst
(Oct. 12, 2016  9:49 PM)Spriggan13 Wrote:

This still doesn't make sense in English, sorry.
(Oct. 12, 2016  9:49 PM)Spriggan13 Wrote:

Are you suggesting that Hasbro is the same as Takara Tomy blades?
He probably meant that Hasbro's Burst are good at acting like ''normal Beyblades'' while still being able to Burst like Takara Tomy's.
i dont have any hasbro burst but my opinion is that there more like the show because its harder to get a burst finish while as the takara tomy ver. they burst a lot but i like both because they r both different in there own ways Reeceroosters13
(Oct. 13, 2016  6:14 PM)Reeceroosters13 Wrote: i dont have any hasbro burst but my opinion is that there more like the show because its harder to get a burst finish while as the takara tomy ver. they burst a lot but i like both because they r both different in there own ways Reeceroosters13

As our tests show, Hasbro Bey burst slightly more often on average, although there are some that burst less often than the Japanese versions.
The Hasbro and takara burst can get balanced is what I think
The findings really bum me out. I was calling teeth wear the second I saw how the gimmick worked, so hasbro's solution had me actually hyped for the format. Hopefully as production goes on they'll go with s harder, better plastic. One can even hope it's early production mistakes as far as QC goes. Bittersweetly my local meta is rather tt barren so.
Are there any noticeable differences between any of the drivers besides accell @[Kei] @[1234beyblade] @[Bey Brad]
(Oct. 31, 2016  12:48 PM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: Are there any noticeable differences between any of the drivers besides accell

Variable doesn't wear down as quickly and is much more controllable.
I have noticed something weird with Hasbro beys (Nepstrius mainly) where it'll have taken damage from an opposing bey, and when spinning undisturbed, it bursts suddenly for no reason! I think once it takes enough hits, some beys with weak slants will be only held together by spinning force. So once they slow down enough, they can't hold together and burst. It makes sense because I've never heard of it happening with TT beys and it only has happened to me when Nepstrius slows down. Not quite sure how to test it though. I'm going to call it burst stalling, since it prevents it from bursting for a little while. Has it happened to anyone else?
Well, when there are not actual teeth holding pieces together, it means that the object is holding together only thanks to friction. In physics, when an object spins or moves, all of its components adopt the same momentum individually. Consequently, if one of those constituents slows down or stops moving or even suffers a very small impact, the friction holding them together might not be high enough anymore and both pieces end up having different momenta and separate as a result.

At least, that is my explanation for how it makes sense.