Hasbro's Beyblade Burst: OUT in Canada, First Photos [LOTS of images]

(Sep. 01, 2016  2:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I definitely think $15 for a starter is crazy when the 2-packs are $20. That starter is not worth $5.

I fail to see launchers in the 2 packs so maybe $20 is a little much as well.
I'm sure these will be a hit with kindergarteners everywhere, because if those color schemes don't scream "Ages 3+" I don't know what does. Yikes. With all the talk of toys becoming less for children and more for enthusiasts/collectors, this is honestly downright embarrassing. Unless for some crazy reason these perform substantially better than Takara counterparts, I'll keep putting up with moderately inflated prices and shipping costs over this mockery of their original designs.

Furthermore, for all the simplification made to the design language and color scheme, they pulled the opposite hat trick with the names. It takes a few tries to pronounce any of these names right, and sound more like made-up Sci-Fi megacorps from Futurama than part names. Not to mention the pseudotechnical "serial codes" they gave Disks and Drivers to make them either sound more high-tech then they are, or to try (and fail) to pay homage to the last generation of Beyblade, with their garbled numbers and letters tacked on at the end of their names (At least back then those letters and numbers actually meant something)

This has to be one of the worst import jobs Hasbro's ever made, and that's saying something. It's honestly giving me serious 4kids vibes.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:19 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I definitely think $15 for a starter is crazy when the 2-packs are $20. That starter is not worth $5.

I meant to say the launcher isn't worth $5 aha. I think $20 CAD for two tops is OK.

(Sep. 01, 2016  2:19 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I'm sure these will be a hit with kindergarteners everywhere, because if those color schemes don't scream "Ages 3+" I don't know what does. Yikes. With all the talk of toys becoming less for children and more for enthusiasts/collectors, this is honestly downright embarrassing. Unless for some crazy reason these perform substantially better than Takara counterparts, I'll keep putting up with moderately inflated prices and shipping costs over this mockery of their original designs.

Furthermore, for all the simplification made to the design language and color scheme, they pulled the opposite hat trick with the names. It takes a few tries to pronounce any of these names right, and sound more like made-up Sci-Fi megacorps from Futurama than part names. Not to mention the pseudotechnical "serial codes" they gave Disks and Drivers to make them either sound more high-tech then they are, or to try (and fail) to pay homage to the last generation of Beyblade, with their garbled numbers and letters tacked on at the end of their names (At least back then those letters and numbers actually meant something)

This has to be one of the worst import jobs Hasbro's ever made, and that's saying something. It's honestly giving me serious 4kids vibes.

Yeah, from an aesthetic and branding perspective it's hard to disagree. I wonder if there were circumstances that forced them to take this route, but it's not impressive either way.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:19 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I'm sure these will be a hit with kindergarteners everywhere, because if those color schemes don't scream "Ages 3+" I don't know what does. Yikes. With all the talk of toys becoming less for children and more for enthusiasts/collectors, this is honestly downright embarrassing. Unless for some crazy reason these perform substantially better than Takara counterparts, I'll keep putting up with moderately inflated prices and shipping costs over this mockery of their original designs.

Yeah, the names definitely don't match up with the designs at all either. They can perform better, but design wise, simply wow.
It more like screams "the blind and up". I can't judge in terms of performance but the aesthetics are awful, it's like they put the ugly visuals in Foodfight movie and mixed it with Burst.
My question is, how do they expect this to go over well once the anime, with its accurate designs and game mechanics, starts airing? Like geez hasbro maybe give us a generation or two before you 4D us
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:19 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

The two packs are $10 cheaper than buying two individual ones. Rip cord launchers aren't worth $5/each to me, and I don't need a trillion of them.

Even accounting for a weak loonie, $15 is too expensive for the basic line. I want to say that was the price point for the initial HMS releases with the plastic cases. I think this might be the most expensive the basic assortment has ever been up here.
Considering how cheap the launchers are, and the ridiculously small amount of plastic used to make each part, it's definitely a ripoff.
Sorry, website won't load a ton of stuff in this thread correctly, but are there any signs of a beylogger at all?
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:31 AM)shadowphoenix Wrote: Sorry, website won't load a ton of stuff in this thread correctly, but are there any signs of a beylogger at all?

Nope.
Overall, these are actually not as bad as I thought. The stadium is pretty quality compared to Metal Fusion's stadium. Everything except Unicrest and Revolve look really quality.

Also Unicrest's fake-looking appearance is probably due to the plastic they put on, when you apply stickers it should look better.
Actually, aren't we forgetting the most major improvement from the hasbro Metal Series releases? (Well.. based off of the pictures haha) :
Well then again who's gonna use any bad Hasbro stadiums with paint anyway?
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:05 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well then again who's gonna use any bad Hasbro stadiums with paint anyway?

Many thousands of kids, I guess haha

Definitely don't see this being legalized for the WBO though.
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:05 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well then again who's gonna use any bad Hasbro stadiums with paint anyway?

Every kid that doesn't have access too, or doesnt have the money to spend on, a TT stadium.
I guess so. Now I wonder what happens if the S Series do get released?
Yeah I'm pretty worried as I have 32 dollars for spending on Beyblades and want the two packs so will they have launchers in the two packs?
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:05 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote: Yeah I'm pretty worried as I have 32 dollars for spending on Beyblades and want the two packs so will they have launchers in the two packs?

The two packs don't come with a launcher, and from what Nacto found, they are only single layer beys.
It's very unfortunate that Hasbro has made some very Hasbro decisions once again. I'm legitimately not even surprised. Gonna try and stay positive, I will not let them ruin Beyblade for me.
Okay I have some good things to say, despite my huge negativity before. This Hasbro S2 doesn't actually look all that bad IRL, the gold and black Unite is cool and the black, gold and red S2 isn't too bad. Plus K2 has a shade of green closer to the original which makes it too bad that it won't fit on my clear green Press driver. Still, original S2 and K2 look far nicer and the like green opaque Press is still bad. But the Hasbro S2 looks rather decent, especially compared to many of the other recoloured abominations we just saw.
Hope this means a US launch is coming shortly. It's been a long time since I've set a foot in Toys R Us. I wonder if they remember me? After all, I went in almost weekly awaiting the release of a new wave or series.
not really a fan of the new colors, I kinda prefer when blades stay true to their anime appearance so if the US launch is anything like this guess I'll buy 1 or 2 to test out then save my money for TT blades and stadiums
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:50 AM)AnimefanX Wrote: not really a fan of the new colors, I kinda prefer when blades stay true to their anime appearance so if the US launch is anything like this guess I'll buy 1 or 2 to test out then save my money for TT blades and stadiums

That's another thing that baffles me. Why they messed with the colors.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:52 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:50 AM)AnimefanX Wrote: not really a fan of the new colors, I kinda prefer when blades stay true to their anime appearance so if the US launch is anything like this guess I'll buy 1 or 2 to test out then save my money for TT blades and stadiums

That's another thing that baffles me. Why they messed with the colors.

the names are something else I don't understand like ragnorok, valkayrie, and spriggan seem like they wouldn't be to hard for children to pronounce, I kinda understand deathscyther for the reason that most parents/americans in general get offended and such at the drop of a hat but still. I don't get why Hasbro would take away half of the beyblades names either i.e. Victory, Rising, Kaiser, Storm etc.