Hasbro Metagame Stadium & Combo Testing 2! Updates!!

Hasbro is not holding any official tournaments anymore, so just forget that.
Gravity and Lightning are currently the best Attack MWs available to Hasbro bladers, though Hell is decent, too, if you know how to use it.

When Hasbro hosts their own tournaments, it is usually at other venues, and they do check and make sure your parts are legal for use there. I have heard a couple of reports of people's parts being checked at TRU tournaments, so a Hasbro-friendly backup would be prudent, even if they're not likely to check.
Sweet! So I might get to use VariAres after all!

EDIT: I will have a backup. MF Lightning L'Drago R145CS? MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) CS?
R145 on LLD doesn't obtain the same results CH120 and H145 can..
And MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS? If the CS is aggro, I'll just say no.. If you're looking for a balance/defense combo, it can be greatly improved.
Sorry I haven't any testing yet... I will have it up tomorrow, first thing..
(Nov. 14, 2011  5:22 PM)Hazel Wrote: Gravity and Lightning are currently the best Attack MWs available to Hasbro bladers, though Hell is decent, too, if you know how to use it.

When Hasbro hosts their own tournaments, it is usually at other venues, and they do check and make sure your parts are legal for use there. I have heard a couple of reports of people's parts being checked at TRU tournaments, so a Hasbro-friendly backup would be prudent, even if they're not likely to check.

Um, I was once told that even Ray would manage to net good KOs in Hasbro stadiums, and this made it a great attack wheel... I wonder how a metal wheel's performance would change with the stadium it is used in... But, is this true?
Ryu- As Raigeko said, an aggro CS would end up devastating you... Aggressive, low-stamina tips are proven to be useless (or mediocre to some extent) in Hasbro Stadiums. So, yeah! With the release of Spiral Capricorne, people would have access to a great, stamina-saving attack tip- MF. Not to mention the release of Bakushin Susanow (with the game), which will provide a WF. I am certain these two will revolutionize the position of attackers in Hasbro stadiums. Till now, attackers lacked a decent attack tip. Smile
What do you mean by the CS tip will be devastating?
(Nov. 15, 2011  5:09 PM)Ryu13 Wrote: What do you mean by the CS tip will be devastating?

Kangaroo in a bar fight. Uncontrollable, all over the place, and liable to end up passed out in a corner.
Oh. So what would the good attack tip be in a Hasbro Stadium? I know RF will be in BB-10..
MF and HF are typically the most controllable attack tips in general, and as I recall, do fairly well in Hasbro Stadia. F is also easily-controlled, but has very little effectiveness, comparatively...
Wow. I never really expected for MF to be a good attack tip...
MF and HF are great like Hazel stated. ANd are you surprised? Haha.. The only two out of MF, XF, WF, F, and HF that have been tested are HF and F really. No testing has been done on XF/WF/MF in a Hasbro stadium, so we can't really say much. However, that will all change soon. Wink
Can I request testing for Burn Horogium Tempo 135 B or a similar bey (Slightly different track? MB?) against 230 track Basalt Twisted combos? It has to use the Hasbro Burn wheel though since the TT one is worse at the form of grinding that aids its victory here.

My bey beats a worn Basalt Bull 230 WD in my magnestadium and I want to know if it does the same to a better condition opponent in a more mainstream stadium.

I came here because this combo has no real use in the TT metagame since there are much better options for Basalt slayers available to them but, AFAIK, it's pretty much this or Lightning in Hasbro tourneys.
More specifically what track would you like? 135 is atrocious to use, no matter what the combo.
145, 125?
Testing shall be uploaded in a bit, testing 4 things - so about 80 rounds of stuff. Maybe even another thing to test.
Also - LeonTempestXIII... I think it's about time we get to working on the Hasbro top tier list again. There's not much on the list, and I'm sure that there are more things to add.
LF Stadium.
L/R for left spin beys, no handle, just grip.
Beylauncher for right spin beys, rubber grip, and grip rubbers. (lol)

Basalt Horogium 230RS vs. Lightning L-Drago CH120RF
Basalt launched first.

Basalt Horogium 230RS
2 KO
13 OS

LLD (UM) CH120RF
5 KO
0 OS

It's so damn funny when Basalt 230 get's destabilized and goes into the pocket and flips over. It's hilarious! XD

Basalt 230 RS - it dominates, however if it goes outside of the Tornado Ridge, it's most likely screwed. The Tornado Ridge keeps it from going outside of the main area, and if it does, well the graip on RS will almost always make it just KO itself.

MF Basalt Horogium R145RF vs. MF Ray Bull CH120WD
Ray launched first

MF Basalt Horogium R145RF
10 KO
2 OS

MF Ray Bull CH120WD
1 KO
7 OS

Even though this thing may not show that it totally dominates MF Ray CH120WD, I can assure you, if Hasbro didn't have any walls - this WOULD be in YOUR wall. I almost didn't finish testing just because I'm afraid I'll break a stadium or a bey. LOL. If Basalt hits the tornado ridge and doesn't self KO - you better hope that when it starts flowering or when it starts tornado stalling, that your bey isn't there. The sheer force behind this is amazing though...
(Nov. 16, 2011  2:11 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: More specifically what track would you like? 135 is atrocious to use, no matter what the combo.

I understand that 135 is bad but my testing definitely shows that 135 outperforms 125, 145 and CH145 on this combo, all of which outperform GB145, DF145, D120 and CH120. I would advise against using any of the latter on it since GB145 is too wide, DF145 actually seems to have an effect (and it doesn't help) and 120 is just too low for long periods of angled grinding. If you have something like S130 then feel free to try that (assuming it isn't as wide as GB145) but, with my collection of parts, 135 is the best. From what I understand, the issue with 145 is that it opens Burn up to the possibility of flat metal on flat metal contact, thus upping the recoil greatly compared to that of the slanted metal on flat metal contact that takes place on 135 and below.
Also, 100 sucks here because it removes all metal contact completely, though interestingly it's too low to be knocked too far off balance by Basalt.
@Raigeko- Well, this at least proves that Ray isn't really THAT good an attacker..... Wonder who was this person who passed on this wrong info (Ray is a great attacker) to me with such confidence.....
Yes, I can imagine Basalt toppling over! XD Imagine a news report for that, if we personify the event, and compare it to ones in real life-
'A tall, overweight man tripped into an open drain after losing his balance. Reports show that a small kid rammed into him, making him topple over.' Tongue_out
Dracomageat- Well, 135 was quite an 'inappropriate' height for most combos... It might be good for Burn, though. But not good for each and every Metal Wheel we have...
(Nov. 16, 2011  1:07 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @Raigeko- Well, this at least proves that Ray isn't really THAT good an attacker.....

not really as he tested ray in a recoil stamina (he had WD on it), not as an attack type...
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:03 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: LF Stadium.

Basalt Horogium 230RS vs. Lightning L-Drago CH120RF
Basalt launched first.

Basalt Horogium 230RS
2 KO
13 OS

LLD (UM) CH120RF
5 KO
0 OS

It's so damn funny when Basalt 230 get's destabilized and goes into the pocket and flips over. It's hilarious! XD

Basalt 230 RS - it dominates, however if it goes outside of the Tornado Ridge, it's most likely screwed. The Tornado Ridge keeps it from going outside of the main area, and if it does, well the graip on RS will almost always make it just KO itself.

Ray launched first

10 KO
2 OS

MF Ray Bull CH120WD
1 KO
7 OS

Even though this thing may not show that it totally dominates MF Ray CH120WD, I can assure you, if Hasbro didn't have any walls - this WOULD be in YOUR wall. I almost didn't finish testing just because I'm afraid I'll break a stadium or a bey. LOL. If Basalt hits the tornado ridge and doesn't self KO - you better hope that when it starts flowering or when it starts tornado stalling, that your bey isn't there. The sheer force behind this is amazing though...

Wow. This is extremely helpful. I didn't know that that combo could produce so much centrifugal force and power. I thank you kindly. I'll be using that in my Hasbro stadium.
(Nov. 16, 2011  1:07 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Dracomageat- Well, 135 was quite an 'inappropriate' height for most combos... It might be good for Burn, though. But not good for each and every Metal Wheel we have...

I never meant to suggest that it was a good all round height and, in most cases, I wouldn't even recommend it with Burn. It is simply that, for this one combo against Basalt 230, it appears to be the optimal height.
I have yet to encounter another combo or situation where it isn't the worst possible option.
(Nov. 16, 2011  3:32 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  1:07 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @Raigeko- Well, this at least proves that Ray isn't really THAT good an attacker.....

not really as he tested ray in a recoil stamina (he had WD on it), not as an attack type...

Ah, too dumb of me to not notice that... Tongue_out
Dracomageat- Well, it wouldn't help much, because AFAIK, 145 is actually the minimum height requirement to go against 230. Yes, I know 125 is the least, but those height are better for destablizers IMO, so as to make contact below the MW.
But, its just my opinion...
This is in effect a destabiliser but it works, atleast in part, by slanted metal on metal contact.

You are right in thinking that 135 is not tall enough to make contact with Basalt on even ground but Basalt tends to take the center while my combo has some aggressive movement, albeit very little, meaning it generally takes the high ground. Furthermore, as Basalt looses balance, it's metal wheel is lowered.
In these situations, 145 allows Basalt to make contact with the flat of Burn, which is disastrous.

EDIT: also, with heavy banking, this combo seems to stand up ok against MF-Lightnin L-Drago CH120 RF. I've not tried it against CH145 though.
CH145 is just bad to use in general, just like 135 Tongue_out
I'll do the testing today if possible.
MF-Lightning L-Drago CH145 RF is better than MF-Lightning L-Drago CH120 RF in a fair few situations it would seem but if you say so.
Thanks though.
Someone try MF Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB vs
Lightning L-Drago CH120 RF.

I dont have the parts.
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:03 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: LF Stadium.

Ray launched first

10 KO
2 OS

MF Ray Bull CH120WD
1 KO
7 OS

Thanks Rai! I'll put this in a Hasbro testing section in the thread. Hehe, nice to see you like it. Grin