Hasbro Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread

(Sep. 10, 2016  9:10 PM)Mitsu Wrote: The website design definitely compensates for the lack of effort Hasbro put into the actual product, LOL.

The website looks nice, and is easy on the eyes, so it isn't too bad. Even though it's only a background and video...
EDIT: the US version is the one I'm talking about. I assume the CA version is different. Anyone have any idea how to view it outside of CA?

And they did put quite a bit of effort into the product... just not advertising. For example, take a look at the new molds of the layers. It would've been easier to do a straight port of the TT molds, but they (tried) to make the quality better. That's just an assumption, however.

Bey Brad I suppose because of that it's more plausible that they're just soft launching in CA to test the waters then before they rev up the scale of releasing it in the US and other territories.
I ised a program called Tunnelbear, you get 500GB free per month
Can someone get pictures of the website because American people don't know what you're talking about because it only hit Canada
(Sep. 10, 2016  10:10 PM)ObeliskAlex0311 Wrote: Can someone get pictures of the website because American people don't know what you're talking about because it only hit Canada

Go up to my last post. Use that.
(Sep. 10, 2016  10:13 PM)ObeliskAlex0311 Wrote: What does this tunnel bear do

It allows you to change the country you view websites from.
(Sep. 10, 2016  10:20 PM)ObeliskAlex0311 Wrote: It's taking forever to download

Ok so idk how you're doing it, it was fine for me, but i can only do so much, you have to figure this out yourself.
If someone could just post screen shots, so people don't have t download something they mght not want. That would be awesome, thanks in advance!
Are you guys trying to view the new Beyblade website? You know it does convert into the country you're in. Try this: http://usa.beyblade.com/
Images of the Canadian site, for those that wanted them.
[Image: 0bbw1.png]
[Image: 0bbw2.png]
[Image: 0bbw3.png]
[Image: 0bbw4.png]
(Sep. 10, 2016  10:52 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Are you guys trying to view the new Beyblade website? You know it does convert into the country you're in. Try this: http://usa.beyblade.com/

The US site is still the coming soon teaser from before.
I love the website! Pretty impressive. Cute Also, the "Beyblade Brand History" made me tear up a bit. ;-;

Thanks Ryuujin!
(Sep. 10, 2016  11:07 PM)Hypnofist Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2016  10:52 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Are you guys trying to view the new Beyblade website? You know it does convert into the country you're in. Try this: http://usa.beyblade.com/

The US site is still the coming soon teaser from before.

Oh yeah, oops. ;-; I thought it wasn't loading for you but ah, nvm. XD
(Sep. 10, 2016  3:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:Is it not unjustifiably weird that they'd release in Canada first, and not the States? No offence, Canada, but surely this is only because Hasbro knows the WBO, based in Canada, is their first and best source of free advertising. I mean... They did basically no advertising of their own. It's just weird.

Lol, you don't seriously think that's the reason? Beyblade has historically done well here. Maybe they're using Canada as a test market.

I do think... But I cannot believe, either way.
(Sep. 10, 2016  3:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Lol, you don't seriously think that's the reason? Beyblade has historically done well here. Maybe they're using Canada as a test market.

You would think just releasing the toys would be a good test, but they are releasing the show there first and everything. This seems like less of a test, and more "Burst is like... 50% ready, so instead of waiting a bit, let's just try and scoop up as much cash as we can."

-John Johnson, leader of Hasbro's "Shafting the USA" division. "
(Sep. 11, 2016  5:50 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2016  3:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Lol, you don't seriously think that's the reason? Beyblade has historically done well here. Maybe they're using Canada as a test market.

You would think just releasing the toys would be a good test, but they are releasing the show there first and everything. This seems like less of a test, and more "Burst is like... 50% ready, so instead of waiting a bit, let's just try and scoop up as much cash as we can."

I don't know if you guys missed it but Zankye has a video explaining why.
Right here

Tl;dw Trademarks: the names were/ literally just not fully trademarked in the States. The last time I checked the trademarks were awaiting opposition or extension to opposition.
The trademarks weren't necessary for release though, so I unfortunately doubt that reasoning. They could've released regardless of whether they trademarked the names or not; a trademark is not required for release.
(Sep. 11, 2016  8:50 AM)Takowowo Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2016  5:50 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

I don't know if you guys missed it but Zankye has a video explaining why.
Right here

Tl;dw Trademarks: the names were/ literally just not fully trademarked in the States. The last time I checked the trademarks were awaiting opposition or extension to opposition.

Yeah, I did miss this video. Cheers.

Argh, what a nightmare for Hasbro though. A pending trademark is not usually a reason to delay a toy release (does the US have some weird law about this?) but I can imagine it being an issue for broadcasting the television show. When you have a trademark shared between two properties (the toy and the show) most countries have laws about the ways in which the trademarks can be used to promote each property on free-to-air television.

Pretty sure Kai-V mentioned that in Canada, they have some system for releasing toys and shows in a particular sequence so that the show is not classed as 'advertising' and I can imagine the US having something similar. Obviously it wasn't an issue in Canada because their trademarking system is apparently super efficient - but according to Zankye, the US is dragging the chain.

I guess my original thought was: why Canada? Or at least, why those few targeted areas of Canada which the WBO has particularly good access to (major city TRUs). Why not just... California? Or just Vermont? Or just New York? No offence Canada, but you're a whole different country to the center of Beyblade consumerism. The trademark issue is the only factor which seems to address this question with any tangible excuse.

I would also say, it's interesting to see Hasbro acknowledging Beyblade's history and embracing the role of older participants in the hobby (parents). I have not seen them do this before and it smells very WBO. I mean... Why would they not pay attention to the one and only continuous source of Beyblade knowledge in the western world? It's like a gigantic, free, focus group that never ends!
(Sep. 10, 2016  11:02 PM)Ryuujin K Wrote: Images of the Canadian site, for those that wanted them.

What are the link for this site? I can't found it °-°
(Sep. 11, 2016  11:38 AM)Sabaku no Gaara Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2016  11:02 PM)Ryuujin K Wrote: Images of the Canadian site, for those that wanted them.

What are the link for this site? I can't found it °-°

ca.beyblade.com
Toys "R" Us finally updated their website with the Beyblade Burst products, and it gives us the official pictures too:
http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?c...abled=true

Only the stadium and the Epic Rival Set are missing.
(Sep. 13, 2016  3:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Toys "R" Us finally updated their website with the Beyblade Burst products, and it gives us the official pictures too:
http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?c...abled=true

Only the stadium and the Epic Rival Set are missing.

That's great! Since Toysrus ships to home, I'm wondering if maybe it's possible to order them online? :o