[Hasbro]  Balkesh B3 Testing and Discussion

(Jan. 02, 2019  12:14 AM)Kei Wrote: I did a couple sets of tests:

Test Conditions
- 5-10 rounds each with no ties redone. Just to give an impression of the way these match-ups would likely play out.
- Alternating launches for stamina match-ups, B3 launched first vs bL and nL
- BeyLauncher LR + Launcher Grip for nL/bL, BeyLaunchers for all other Beyblades
- Medium strength launch for Balkesh B3 against nL/bL
- Weak launch in Balkesh B3 vs aH and 超S matches

Test Results
Archer Hercules 0 Cross Xtend Plus vs. Balkesh B3 0 Wall Bearing
aH.0C.Xt+: 0 Wins
B3.0W.Br: 8 Wins (8 OS)
2 Draws
B3 Win Percentage: 100%

Archer Hercules 0 Turn Bearing vs. Balkesh B3 0 Turn Bearing
aH.0T.Br: 2 Wins (2 OS)
B3.0T.Br: 6 Wins (6 OS)
2 Draws
B3 Win Percentage: 75%

I swapped the 0T half way through this first set. To make sure the TT aH or Bearing weren't putting it at a disadvantage for some reason I did five more rounds with a different aH and TT Bearing:

Archer Hercules 0 Turn Bearing vs. Balkesh B3 0 Turn Bearing
aH.0T.Br: 0 Wins
B3.0T.Br: 3 Wins (3 OS)
2 Draws

Cho-Z Spriggan 0 Turn Bearing (Right-Spin) vs. Balkesh B3 0 Turn Bearing
超S.0T.Br: 0 Wins
B3.0T.Br: 5 Wins (5 OS)

Nightmare Longinus Reach Xtreme Dash vs. Balkesh B3 0 Turn Bearing
nL.R.X’: 5 Wins (2 OS, 3 KO)
B3.0T.Br: 5 Wns (5 OS)
B3 Win Percentage: 50%

Bloody Longinus 5 Reach Xtreme Dash vs Balkesh B3 0 Turn Bearing
bL.5R.X’: 3 Wins (3 KO)
B3.0T.Br: 7 Wins (7 OS)
B3 Win Percentage: 70%

Key Takeaways
  • Balkesh B3 on Br never bursted. It also never really moved much on its slope, if at all.
  • Despite the weight difference, Hasbro Bearing combos (at least using B3) don't seem to have trouble competing in opposite spin match-ups with TT Bearing-based opponents.
  • B3.0T.Br wasn't that easy to KO. It requires a pretty perfect launch in order to do it; otherwise, it just deflects everything after the first few seconds. The softer plastic used for B3 (and Hasbro Beyblades in general) probably helps a bit with this. The feeling you get when your Attack type hits this thing is completely different than the TT counterpart or things like hS.

Some tests I just posted here, but they're relevant for this thread as well.
Have yet to lose to Any other Beyblade using Balkesh. It is an insanely good setup. Son and father in law tried every other one we had. Thing is unstoppable.
I guess it's countered by C3? Just my opinion. And Requiem S3 can win in opposite, same is an issue.
Is Balkesh B3 still worth buying at this point & time?
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:00 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Is Balkesh B3 still worth buying at this point & time?

Absolutely!
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:00 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Is Balkesh B3 still worth buying at this point & time?

Yeah, it can pretty much destroy everything opposite spin on a good LAD disk/frame setup and hasbro bearing.
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:20 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:

Yeah, it can pretty much destroy everything opposite spin on a good LAD disk/frame setup and hasbro bearing.

K4.0b.br can beat b3.0b.br.
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:28 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:20 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Yeah, it can pretty much destroy everything opposite spin on a good LAD disk/frame setup and hasbro bearing.

K4.0b.br can beat b3.0b.br.
Really? Oh, I meant something like B3 00W Br. I used it in the latest tournament and it was able to pretty consistently beat pP 00C Xt+ and pP Outer Xt+.
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:37 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:28 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: K4.0b.br can beat b3.0b.br.
Really? Oh, I meant something like B3 00W Br. I used it in the latest tournament and it was able to pretty consistently beat pP 00C Xt+ and pP Outer Xt+.

Thanks. Things change so quick sometimes beys I read about become “outclassed” before I can get them. I think i’ll pick this one up. Pretty easy to find and cheap right now.
(Jun. 01, 2019  3:07 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:37 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Really? Oh, I meant something like B3 00W Br. I used it in the latest tournament and it was able to pretty consistently beat pP 00C Xt+ and pP Outer Xt+.

Thanks. Things change so quick sometimes beys I read about become “outclassed” before I can get them. I think i’ll pick this one up. Pretty easy to find and cheap right now.
Yeah it happens. Something to note is that theoretically, B3 will always be good in some way. It can basically either win or tie in opposite spin on the right set up and it doesn't burst at all. If they somehow release a bey that can burst balkesh, everything else would become unviable. Plus since it doesn't burst, nothing can outclass it in pure burst defense, even if they created a bey that also doesn't burst, it would only tie with B3, not beat it.
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:37 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2019  2:28 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: K4.0b.br can beat b3.0b.br.

Then, can't K4.00W/Rt.Br beat it? But it will probably get destroyed by anything right spin......
G3.7C.At destroys any B3 combo, and most hasbro comboes in general really
(Jul. 09, 2019  8:56 AM)Shakyy Wrote: G3.7C.At destroys any B3 combo, and most hasbro comboes in general really
Which combos in specific?
B3 0/2/4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing it beats all of these in the hasbro only format Garuda g3 is by far the strongest layer
(Jul. 15, 2019  6:57 AM)Shakyy Wrote: B3 0/2/4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing it beats all of these in the hasbro only format Garuda g3 is by far the strongest layer
Then you have a really bad Br, a really good At, or something like that. I consider either lS3 or B3 the best layer in Hasbro format (even though nobody every plays Hasbro format) even though G3 is a close 3rd (with SrS3 at 4th). Though I respect your opinion on G3 being the best, just like B3 and lS3 (both on optimized combos) only have one consistent counter (all being different) and even though lS3 gets countered by G3, doesn't make it better imo.
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:47 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  6:57 AM)Shakyy Wrote: B3 0/2/4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing it beats all of these in the hasbro only format Garuda g3 is by far the strongest layer
Then you have a really bad Br, a really good At, or something like that. I consider either lS3 or B3 the best layer in Hasbro format (even though nobody every plays Hasbro format) even though G3 is a close 3rd (with SrS3 at 4th). Though I respect your opinion on G3 being the best, just like B3 and lS3 (both on optimized combos) only have one consistent counter (all being different) and even though lS3 gets countered by G3, doesn't make it better imo.

I respect your opinion also.
However Hasbro G3.7C.At doesnt lose to anything that would be considered meta in a hasbro only format.
both B3 and lS3 lose to garuda.
My atomic is good the best version out of the 3 hasbro ones (excluding atomic-s), all my parts other than the layer I use with that combo come from the quad ring combat pack.
(Jul. 17, 2019  5:37 AM)Shakyy Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:47 PM)bladekid Wrote: Then you have a really bad Br, a really good At, or something like that. I consider either lS3 or B3 the best layer in Hasbro format (even though nobody every plays Hasbro format) even though G3 is a close 3rd (with SrS3 at 4th). Though I respect your opinion on G3 being the best, just like B3 and lS3 (both on optimized combos) only have one consistent counter (all being different) and even though lS3 gets countered by G3, doesn't make it better imo.

I respect your opinion also.
However Hasbro G3.7C.At doesnt lose to anything that would be considered meta in a hasbro only format.
My atomic is good the best version out of the 3 hasbro ones (excluding atomic-s), all my parts other than the layer I use with that combo come from the quad ring combat pack.
Um, that's not true, there are dC3, SrS3, F3, and B3 combos that should be able to to beat. And again, even though G3 beats lS3, it doesn't mean it's better. J3 udderly destroys B3, but that doesn't mean it's better.  Again, don't get me wrong, G3 is definitely top 3, but I personally don't think it's the best. I can do some tests for you the prove my point. Not right now, but still. Thanks.
(Jan. 02, 2019  2:05 AM)Armor Wrote: I guess it's countered by C3? Just my opinion. And Requiem S3 can win in opposite, same is an issue.
Stock maybe, but in combos, not really. SrS3 definitely counters it in same spin.
(Jul. 17, 2019  8:40 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2019  5:37 AM)Shakyy Wrote: I respect your opinion also.
Um, that's not true, there are dC3, SrS3, F3, and B3 combos that should be able to to beat. And again, even though G3 beats lS3, it doesn't mean it's better. J3 udderly destroys B3, but that doesn't mean it's better.  Again, don't get me wrong, G3 is definitely top 3, but I personally don't think it's the best. I can do some tests for you the prove my point. Not right now, but still. Thanks.

Id be happy for you to test what you to believe to be the best comboes for dC3, SrS3, F3 and B3 vs G3.7c.At, I think you'll be surprised
(Jul. 18, 2019  5:41 AM)Shakyy Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2019  8:40 AM)bladekid Wrote: Um, that's not true, there are dC3, SrS3, F3, and B3 combos that should be able to to beat. And again, even though G3 beats lS3, it doesn't mean it's better. J3 udderly destroys B3, but that doesn't mean it's better.  Again, don't get me wrong, G3 is definitely top 3, but I personally don't think it's the best. I can do some tests for you the prove my point. Not right now, but still. Thanks.

Id be happy for you to test what you to believe to be the best comboes for dC3, SrS3, F3 and B3 vs G3.7c.At, I think you'll be surprised
You can test it if you want, I'm still going to test it. dC3.7F.O/At-S, (L)SrS3/F3/B3.0L.Br should be able to beat it. I found P4 to will sometimes, but not very consistently.
(Jul. 18, 2019  5:41 AM)Shakyy Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2019  8:40 AM)bladekid Wrote: Um, that's not true, there are dC3, SrS3, F3, and B3 combos that should be able to to beat. And again, even though G3 beats lS3, it doesn't mean it's better. J3 udderly destroys B3, but that doesn't mean it's better.  Again, don't get me wrong, G3 is definitely top 3, but I personally don't think it's the best. I can do some tests for you the prove my point. Not right now, but still. Thanks.

Here are the tests, and I'm frankly not surprised at all:

Test 1:
G3.7C.At VS dC3.7F.At-S (Alternating launches, ties redone)
G3 Win rate: 10% (OS: 1, KO: 0, BST: 0)
C3 Win rate: 90% (OS: 7, KO: 2, BST: 0)
Ties: 1 (OS: 1, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 2:
G3.7C.At VS F3.0L.Br (Alternating launches, ties redone)
G3 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
F3 Win rate: 100% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 2)
Ties: 0 (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 3:
G3.7C.At VS B3.0L.Br (Alternating launches, ties redone)
G3 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
B3 Win rate: 100% (OS: 10, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 4:
G3.7C.At VS SrS3.0L.Br (Alternating launches, ties redone)
G3 Win rate: 10% (OS: 1, KO: 0, BST: 0)
S3 Win rate: 90% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 1)

As I said, G3 is good (and same with your combo) but as I thought, it wasn't able to beat any of my hypothesized counters just as predicted. 
Hey um can you help me build a combo I have
sphinx,raging roktavor, and a nova nepstrius but the power layer is broke
I have dr49 d03 and d12 for forge discs
And for performance tips I have ts05 and ta01-s.
(Jul. 30, 2019  4:52 PM)fuzionfox Wrote: Hey um can you help me build a combo I have
sphinx,raging roktavor, and a nova nepstrius but the power layer is broke
I have dr49 d03 and d12 for forge discs
And for performance tips I have ts05 and ta01-s.
1) You can’t really make anything good.
2) This belongs in the Build Me A Combo thread.