Has Driver/Part Awakening Gone to Far?

Hello WBO I have been having a rather interesting conversation with some of my friends recently about parts being “awakened” a little to much.

Now let me elaborate on the words “to much”. I’m not talking about drivers like Variable or Evolution, or even things like the 2B chassis or the Savior blade. I understand that rubber parts will without a doubt wear down fast even in the B-33 standard beystadium or against any Beyblade that has good contact with the rubber parts. I also feel that this includes the idea of awakening a part that is free spinning, but needs to be “awakened” in order to spin longer or more smoothly. These forms of awakening are perfectly fine by me and I feel have no issues nor hurts the “spirit” of the game in any way.

Now that that is out of the way what am I really talking about then? Well I’m talking about drivers where the tips to them are solid/thick plastic. And yet I have seen some drivers that get worn down so far that the intended height of the driver isn’t even there anymore. Take for example the Just driver that was released with B-177 Jet Wyvern. I have seen people have the long/tall tip that it has worn down to where it now has its free spinning part close to the ground to give it better LAD. Or even how some Drift drivers from B-175 Lucifer The End have been worn down to where there are almost completely flat (but leave just enough of the circle at the bottom to keep it legal.) and no longer have the little tip in the middle of it. This allows the Drift driver to stay standing up more so than a normal Drift driver fresh out of the box.

Now I hear a lot of people will use the “Mugen” stadium to awaken drivers faster. But my thing is I dunno if solid plastic drivers like that should really have an “awakened” state. I think they should just be considered worn. Considering hard plastic takes a lot longer to wear down if your just launching it into a standard stadium over and over. 

Anyway this is just a thought I’ve had and a conversation that has been brought up a lot in my friend group and I would just like to hear other people’s opinions.
I am not 100% sure what you mean here, too many driver awakening options or drivers being awakened too much. I agree with this. However, I do think driver wear is inevitable. I don't know much about chassis "awakening", but I have seen a lot of awakened plastic drivers (UnionAchilles I'm looking at you), even venture. So, as you may know, parts being worn down (especially plastic) to the point where it affects the performance are illegal. But a little wear is unavoidable. It kind of does annoy me that it happens with most of my parts, especially Xt+, where it has less LAD and stamina. I'm on my third one.
(Sep. 02, 2021  3:06 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: I am not 100% sure what you mean here, too many driver awakening options or drivers being awakened too much. I agree with this. However, I do think driver wear is inevitable. I don't know much about chassis "awakening", but I have seen a lot of awakened plastic drivers (UnionAchilles I'm looking at you), even venture. So, as you may know, parts being worn down (especially plastic) to the point where it affects the performance are illegal. But a little wear is unavoidable. It kind of does annoy me that it happens with most of my parts, especially Xt+, where it has less LAD and stamina. I'm on my third one.

I’m talking about parts that are being worn down so much that it changes the performance, but it’s worn down in a way where technically the original part of the driver is still touching the stadium so it’s still legal. Like I said with Just getting worn down to where it has a shorter shaft that will allow it to be closer to the ground.
(Sep. 02, 2021  3:15 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2021  3:06 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: I am not 100% sure what you mean here, too many driver awakening options or drivers being awakened too much. I agree with this. However, I do think driver wear is inevitable. I don't know much about chassis "awakening", but I have seen a lot of awakened plastic drivers (UnionAchilles I'm looking at you), even venture. So, as you may know, parts being worn down (especially plastic) to the point where it affects the performance are illegal. But a little wear is unavoidable. It kind of does annoy me that it happens with most of my parts, especially Xt+, where it has less LAD and stamina. I'm on my third one.

I’m talking about parts that are being worn down so much that it changes the performance, but it’s worn down in a way where technically the original part of the driver is still touching the stadium so it’s still legal. Like I said with Just getting worn down to where it has a shorter shaft that will allow it to be closer to the ground.
Understood. But I feel even if it's still the original part spinning, if the driver shape is obstructed or deformed, it should be illegal. Just an opinion.
If in releasing TT say it can "awakened" think its still legal, but in the other hand they not say it, it just wear down, in addition when already effect the performance should I call it broken? Cause the part do what it's not supposed to

(Sep. 02, 2021  3:15 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:

I don't think the way it worn down that makes it legal/illegal but the condition of the part, wear down is unavoidable, that's why multiple parts needed

But, for the part can "awakened", the way it awakens can considered if legal/illegal
(Sep. 02, 2021  2:53 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Hello WBO I have been having a rather interesting conversation with some of my friends recently about parts being “awakened” a little to much.

Now let me elaborate on the words “to much”. I’m not talking about drivers like Variable or Evolution, or even things like the 2B chassis or the Savior blade. I understand that rubber parts will without a doubt wear down fast even in the B-33 standard beystadium or against any Beyblade that has good contact with the rubber parts. I also feel that this includes the idea of awakening a part that is free spinning, but needs to be “awakened” in order to spin longer or more smoothly. These forms of awakening are perfectly fine by me and I feel have no issues nor hurts the “spirit” of the game in any way.

Now that that is out of the way what am I really talking about then? Well I’m talking about drivers where the tips to them are solid/thick plastic. And yet I have seen some drivers that get worn down so far that the intended height of the driver isn’t even there anymore. Take for example the Just driver that was released with B-177 Jet Wyvern. I have seen people have the long/tall tip that it has worn down to where it now has its free spinning part close to the ground to give it better LAD. Or even how some Drift drivers from B-175 Lucifer The End have been worn down to where there are almost completely flat (but leave just enough of the circle at the bottom to keep it legal.) and no longer have the little tip in the middle of it. This allows the Drift driver to stay standing up more so than a normal Drift driver fresh out of the box.

Now I hear a lot of people will use the “Mugen” stadium to awaken drivers faster. But my thing is I dunno if solid plastic drivers like that should really have an “awakened” state. I think they should just be considered worn. Considering hard plastic takes a lot longer to wear down if your just launching it into a standard stadium over and over. 

Anyway this is just a thought I’ve had and a conversation that has been brought up a lot in my friend group and I would just like to hear other people’s opinions.

As long as the main contact point is there it is legal, like what you said with drift.
How I see it is that if it causes surfaces of the part that weren't meant to contact to make contact then it is not awakened it is broken.

Like Evolution being worn down to the flat rubber is fine but down to the plastic is way too far.
If Quest is worn to the point of the suction cup being missing then that should be fine but not if it is down to the plastic.
The situation of Just is that it can't get awakened or the line between awakened and broken is too blurry for that part.

In the situation of free-spinning, wearing it down to get rid of rough spots so it spins smoothly is fine but if the part starts to be looser than intended that's when it is too far.

Layer awakening (outside of the gimmicks of imperial and tempest) is kinda dumb but in Savior's case, it is just a fancy name for what will happen.

Ultimately if the "awakening" drastically changes the nature of the part then it is a break not an awakening.