Handball/Foursquare

It's a sport. Literally. Not. a. Game.
Yeah it's definitely a sport. Once on last day of school our PE teacher had noticed us playing it a lot at recess and lunch so at PE she organised a four square knock out tournament.It was the best! I won! Wink
Good for you! I like knockouts. But we call it Final 4. (Numbers depending on how many reserves there are.)
It is not an Official Sport. You guys can call it whatever you want but it wont change the Fact that this IS NOT a Sport. You cannot argue with Facts.

It's a Game.
(May. 03, 2011  11:18 PM)Chups Wrote: It is not an Official Sport. You guys can call it whatever you want but it wont change the Fact that this IS NOT a Sport. You cannot argue with Facts.

It's a Game.
Could you please explain to why you keep posting comments (mostly negative) on a 4 square thread when you clear hate the sport? (Notice the way I said sport?Wink) Why don't you just check out a different thread?:\
(May. 03, 2011  11:18 PM)Chups Wrote: It is not an Official Sport. You guys can call it whatever you want but it wont change the Fact that this IS NOT a Sport. You cannot argue with Facts.

It's a Game.

If you don't like the "game" then stop arguing and spaming the thread.
Im just Correcting you guys because you Called it a Sport which it Isn't. Im just Correcting you guys. Not SPAM.
Enough of the "correction". We'll get back onto this "game", and hopefully Chups (nice new name!) goes away.

I usually play with a "high bounce ball" And for some reason, I always end up in Queens..
(May. 02, 2011  8:05 AM)Chups Wrote: I hate this Game with a Passion. I also hate the Kids who play it at my School........

But how do you guys found bouncing a ball amusing?

Its just my Opinion of Course. Looks like some of you Guys like it alot.
If you look closely this has a lot of connections with other sports. It is a lot a like pingpong really, just instead of a paddle you use your hands & you are on the pingpong table trying to run & hit the ball, there is just no net.
My skills have become very sloppy. From playing every day at primary school we no longer play it in High school. I played it the other day, I sucked:\... but we weren't playing with the usual high bounce ball.
Yeah, we finished the summer holidays and my skills were worse than a Year One's..
Handball is awesome. I just don't play it cause I have asthma.
For your information, we call it bola baling in Malay.

However, the majority of our classmates dislike it for a a reason.
Some people pass it to others, not the weak ones in our class. Apparently I'm in the weak category, so I'm... sorta against it.

Quote:Yeah, we finished the summer holidays and my skills were worse than a Year One's..

Don't blame yourself, I'm worse than you. D:
There are sports, like running, swimming, pretty much anything in track and field; there are games, like Monopoly and Yahtzee; and then there are sports that are games, like baseball, basketball, and yes, even handball. Sheesh, grow up.

I was really big into American-style handball when I was in middle and high school. It's basically like racquetball, except you use your hands instead of racquets, and there is only one wall to bounce off of. I trained using a squash ball, as its smaller size, black colour, and increased speed and bounciness (compared to a racquetball) honed my reflexes for actual games.
Yeah, I've seen that kind of handball on TV. Looks really fun.
i totally was going to post in this thinking it was an american hand ball topic, haha. so foursquare is called handball in Australia? pretty interesting considering that the game requires you to use your hands 99.99% of the time.

well I used to play a lot of american style hand ball back in middle school. even brought a glove at one point for about a few weeks as I got super into it. I recently started playing again in parks on sunny days and boy does it make you sweat like a waterfall. Hell of a lot of fun, though once you get your flow going. I would practice with a tennis ball back in the day to build up my reflexes and such as it was pretty bright and easy to see/bounce. American style handball is a pretty popular sport/game here in NYC, the walls are almost always full of a bunch of guys always yelling and being all super pro Uncertain

edit: i've never played foursquare a day in my life.
I used to play foursquare, but like djspida, I play american-style handball on the handball court sometimes at my high school. It's really fun, honestly. Foursquare, I completely forgot how to play, lol, haven't played since 6th grade.
(May. 06, 2011  1:48 AM)djspida5 Wrote: i totally was going to post in this thinking it was an american hand ball topic, haha. so foursquare is called handball in Australia? pretty interesting considering that the game requires you to use your hands 99.99% of the time.

well I used to play a lot of american style hand ball back in middle school. even brought a glove at one point for about a few weeks as I got super into it. I recently started playing again in parks on sunny days and boy does it make you sweat like a waterfall. Hell of a lot of fun, though once you get your flow going. I would practice with a tennis ball back in the day to build up my reflexes and such as it was pretty bright and easy to see/bounce. American style handball is a pretty popular sport/game here in NYC, the walls are almost always full of a bunch of guys always yelling and being all super pro Uncertain

edit: i've never played foursquare a day in my life.

Actually, you use your hands 100% of the time...
omg, i played four square so much when i first started secondary school. loved it, so muchhh. nostalgia.

edit: incidentally, this is a really really odd thread because i can't really see anything to discuss, LOL
We don't hold the ball, we can't hit it over heads, and we have alliances.
(May. 07, 2011  5:31 PM)Titan Blader Wrote: We don't hold the ball, we can't hit it over heads, and we have alliances.

We can hit it over heads, because we don't see why not. We call alliances truces over here. Holding the ball, we can't, but I still like doing apple twists.
We don't use our hands 100% of the time because we usually do body parts wher your NOT suppose to use your hands but other body parts like head and foot.
i use my hands but i was at my friends house to day we tried not to use are hands but i lack that kinda skill
tip hit the into a unguarded area like a corner
I am the slogger in my group. We play 4 squares out xD.
I used to be really short, so I'd always get attacked with high balls, and vice versa I always attacked low.