[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Hey, check out these pics from my old HMS collection that I sold for probably $400 altogether:

[Image: IMG_0035.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0033.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0032.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0036.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0038.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0054.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0030-1.jpg]

[cries]
It's almost as good as mine!
Selling Shining God MS and what looks like Black Dranzer MF was a big nono.
At least, the money you got with Aries 125D should make it feel a little less painful. Unsmith

Seriously, 400$ for this lot today would be the deal of the century.
O man, yeah, I would pay $400 for that first pic and be extremely happy with the purchase. SGMS and DZMF are basically worth that much. I paid $300 for SGMS, SRMS and DGMF and was super happy about it
Dude that first pic is worth like $800+ LOL
Brad, much distaste for you right now.
Much distaste.
(Dec. 15, 2015  8:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey, check out these pics from my old HMS collection that I sold for probably $400 altogether:

[Image: IMG_0035.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0033.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0032.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0036.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0038.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0054.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0030-1.jpg]

[cries]

NOOOO I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THAT BLACK DRANZER FOR FOUR YEARS NOW
Well, I broke my DZMF core.
Turns out it's the same mold for the shaft as Dranzer S. But slightly shorter, with no bearing.
Really cool, thanks for sharing.

And yeah guys, I know ...
Does anyone else besides me find phantom fox MS to be rather cool only for its 'super awesome gang team duo attack' potential?
Yeah, I love it, it's super fun to play with. You would think it would be good, since it has to be KO'ed twice, but unfortunately it does get KO'ed or OS'ed almost all the time, because of the fact that each half is lighter than any other whole bey. It's definitely fun though, especially when you switch out the AR and stuff
Really do wish it'll be brought back to burst(the gimmick of course) since burst seems to have a similar layout to HMS but ya know.
Actually just got a PFMS. Super fun Beyblade.
Glad mine is Hasbro, it's cool to have a mold 3 HASBRO bit.
O yeah? Is it the heaviest or something?
(Dec. 31, 2015  8:14 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: O yeah? Is it the heaviest or something?

Tighter, rather than heavier, iirc
Well, the Hasbro bits are taller which helps a bit.
Darn it, add another thing to the list, lol. So what are all the mold 3 beys that hasbro released?
Probably anything special gimmick series. Like the stuff they made in BBA Championships.
Phantom Fox. "Bearing Survivor", Which is Jiraiya. Samurai Changer.
Ouch. Looks like it's gonna be expensive. Hopefully I can find a used one of those. Not gonna pay $100+ a tiny bit taller bit protector
There are 3 definite Takara molds, Hasbro has 2 definites, and 1 iffy third mold, unless new things have been confirmed in the year since I stopped bey-ing.

(Dec. 31, 2015  8:16 PM)Neo Wrote: Well, the Hasbro bits are taller which helps a bit.

What makes taller height beneficial? Curious.
(Dec. 31, 2015  8:21 PM)V2 Wrote: There are 3 definite Takara molds, Hasbro has 2 definites, and 1 iffy third mold, unless new things have been confirmed in the year since I stopped bey-ing.

(Dec. 31, 2015  8:16 PM)Neo Wrote: Well, the Hasbro bits are taller which helps a bit.

What makes taller height beneficial? Curious.

Attack Ring is lower then the launcher. Beyblade hangs lower, I think. Although now that I think about it, it may not do anything beneficial..
(Dec. 31, 2015  8:31 PM)Neo Wrote: Attack Ring is lower then the launcher. Beyblade hangs lower, I think. Although now that I think about it, it may not do anything beneficial..

Personally don't see it making a difference, since it's going to depend more on hand position more significantly determining launcher height above the stadium, rather than a millimeter or so from a taller bit protector.
OK so I just came up with a weird idea while brainstorming HMS combos with Zoroaste in the Kik chat. Partially fueled by my obsession with creating a viable Tornado Staller in HMS I came up with this idea:

AR: Advance Balancer
WD: The sprocket looking CWD that comes with Thunder Dragon MS
RC: Hasbro Manual Change Core (Attack Mode)

For the combo to work you must be in the opposite spin direction of your opponent, so your prediction game has to be on point. The combo is supposed to be weak launched. Think dual-spin Giga Flat Spin Equalizer.

Can someone who has the parts test this against Bearing Core Stamina and Bearing Core 2 Defense?
I already showed Wombat, but for anyone else who is curious, I couldn't get it to beat either Bearing Core. They just seem to have more LAD and get those last couple rotations. It almost seemed good when i did Averazer AR and Free Saucer on both and tested it that way, but when you put it against the actual defense and stamina Bearing Core combos themselves, it just gets out LAD'd