[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Well, stock, out of the three, Driger MS would be best most likely, but Draciel MS would be the better purchase if you plan on buying more HMS Beyblades. Because it's WD is heavier than other molds of the same WD.
driger MS Stuff: the AR is usable for Attack, though with a multitude of options out there like Circle Upper, Samurai Upper, Slash Upper or Jiraiya Blade it's not the best. The RC is the same thing with it being good for Balance (though it's not significant considering Balance is a bit hard and has to compete with Metal Semi-Flat Core, Metal Change Core, etc etc. WD? Don't even ask about it, It's not th

As a whole, it's probably the strongest of the 3 common blades uncustomized (following Driger's tendecy to do well uncustomized) but compared to something like Death Gargoyle MS it's got nothin'.
The only other MS whose parts I'm curious about and don't know if is worth buying is Bloody Devil MS. I remember reading something on beywiki about it, but I cannot remember what was said. Of course due to price (seen on ebay for $400) I probably won't end up obtaining, but want to know if I obtain it which of its parts are worthwhile.
2nd tier AR

(being generous.)

otherwise, 3rd tier
Taxus ( the seller of the bloody devil) will sell it for a lower price if you buy it through paypal instead of on ebay in case you really wanted it.
Is Oki's pickup only?
Anyone have experience with the performance of CWD Eternal Survivor?
It's the RBA 3 Dragoon MF red CWD:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...mview2.png

Looks pretty chunky and weighty but no high-recoil protrusions, could it be defensive?
It looks like Triangle Wing..

Defensive possibly.
These photos are why I'm curious:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Thank-yo...F#pid40360
Same as Black MF's right?
I thought it was locked in place.
Yeah it's the same.

I think being locked in place isn't too bad. Combined with adv. striker's AR it's a nice round shape without any real slopes for contact.

Could be completely wrong obv since I have no idea what it's like in real life, and just looking at shapes isn't as reliable as folk used to think (eg, surprise over how recoil-y Mountain Hammer is)
Maybe it could make a cool 1HKO combo with the CWD and Advance Striker AR.
I'll see if I can buy a Black MF.
I looks like, as long as the recoil can be controlled, the point formed when the AR & CWD are lined up for offense could crack an opponent's bey.
Which is either good or bad.
Good for tournaments xD not like your own blades.
Just posted the tournament video for Grand Battle Prelude: HMS on BeyChannel. Anybody interested in HMS should check it out!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...pid1255173
Not sure if this is more reflective of what parts are most easily available in HMS, or what is actually the best in HMS (probably a bit of both), but some of you might find this interesting. With the help of Mitsu, we have compiled all of the HMS Winning Combinations from WBO tournaments into one spreadsheet: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...pid1264938

Aside from the obvious spamming of things like Circle Upper, Samurai Upper, Bearing Core, Bearing Core 2, and Jiraiya Blade, what surprised me the most were the distinct lack of Advance Survivor, and CWD Free Survivor. I'm the only person who has ever won with Advance Survivor, and both Cye Kinomiya and I are the only ones who have ever used Free Survivor in our Winning Combinations. I also thought that Slash Upper would appear more than once, but I guess it's not too surprising. CWD God Ring should also be much more prevalent, but we all know why it isn't ...
When I used a straight Advance Eterner in one of the few UK HMS tourneys I didn't do so well. The AR got all messed up which sucked since I bought it new. Also Slash Riger doesn't surprise me. It's always been quite rare and I don't think there's a major difference between it and the other top tier ARs.
Kei and Ultra: Slash Riger is carping rare, and the only advantage it has over Samurai/Circle Upper is Smash, which considering Bearing Core and Rubber Weight Core, certainly doesn't do Slash Riger any good. But, it is still an excellent choice for an Attack AR.

For me, Advance Survivor only works well if you orient the AR against the spin direction of your opponent. If the edge faces clockwise and your opponent is clockwise too, it won't work so well. Considering the entire Dual Spin nature of HMS Adv.Survivor can't compete very well.
(Jun. 05, 2015  8:02 AM)Ultra Wrote: When I used a straight Advance Eterner in one of the few UK HMS tourneys I didn't do so well. The AR got all messed up which sucked since I bought it new. Also Slash Riger doesn't surprise me. It's always been quite rare and I don't think there's a major difference between it and the other top tier ARs.

you sound surprised that an AR would get damaged after using it

And yeah, for Slash Upper that's why I said "more than once"; even though it's rare, I would have guessed it would have appeared at least a few times on the list.

(Jun. 06, 2015  7:55 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Kei and Ultra: Slash Riger is carping rare, and the only advantage it has over Samurai/Circle Upper is Smash, which considering Bearing Core and Rubber Weight Core, certainly doesn't do Slash Riger any good. But, it is still an excellent choice for an Attack AR.

For me, Advance Survivor only works well if you orient the AR against the spin direction of your opponent. If the edge faces clockwise and your opponent is clockwise too, it won't work so well. Considering the entire Dual Spin nature of HMS Adv.Survivor can't compete very well.

But Smash Attack is great in HMS ...? Jiraiya Blade is one of the most popular Attack Rings partially due to it's powerful Smash Attack.

Maybe, but I've been pretty successful with it. I wouldn't say it "can't compete very well". Would be interesting to do some tests against a Circle Upper stamina combo.
(Jun. 09, 2015  8:50 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2015  8:02 AM)Ultra Wrote: When I used a straight Advance Eterner in one of the few UK HMS tourneys I didn't do so well. The AR got all messed up which sucked since I bought it new. Also Slash Riger doesn't surprise me. It's always been quite rare and I don't think there's a major difference between it and the other top tier ARs.

you sound surprised that an AR would get damaged after using it

And yeah, for Slash Upper that's why I said "more than once"; even though it's rare, I would have guessed it would have appeared at least a few times on the list.

Yeah but i've never seen anything damaged as much as it was from just a few battles. As for the Slash Riger i'm not surprised because other alternatives are generally as good and not super rare so why would people not use those instead. For the price they go for now there's no way i'd battle with a new one if I got it.
Can I make suggestions for combos here? I want to see a few tested before I buy.
(Dec. 14, 2015  3:13 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: Can I make suggestions for combos here? I want to see a few tested before I buy.

Yeah, what do you want tested?
Einstein MS AR with Dragoon MSUV tip.
not sure what to use as a metal ring? I don't know the term for it but the weight disk I guess. I'm only familiar with plastics
(Dec. 14, 2015  3:16 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: Einstein MS AR with Dragoon MSUV tip.
not sure what to use as a metal ring? I don't know the term for it but the weight disk I guess. I'm only familiar with plastics

It's a Weight Disk, yes.
Metal Spring, the Einstein AR, is compact but has high recoil.
Circle Upper (Death Gargoyle MS) is a better option, and I think it's cheaper then Einstein.
(Dec. 14, 2015  3:19 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2015  3:16 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: Einstein MS AR with Dragoon MSUV tip.

It's a Weight Disk, yes.
Metal Spring, the Einstein AR, is compact but has high recoil.
Circle Upper (Death Gargoyle MS) is a better option, and I think it's cheaper then Einstein.

could you try it anyway?