[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 22, 2014  11:02 AM)Poseidon Wrote: I just want to put it out there that Upper Attack often yields better results in HMS. It's why, as aforementioned, Slash Riger's AR is one of, if not the most offensive Attack Ring in the game- not only does it lift the opponent up, but it hit's the opponent away as well. Does well against Bearing Core two which needs to be destabilised and have depleted spin before you have a chance of getting rid off it.

Absolutely, I'd heard that Upper is far more useful in HMS than plastics, especially because of Circle Survivor Wolborg completely shrugging it off in plastics, so that's really the reason I'm interested in seeing if, like Neo has experienced, smash really is sufficient to reliably KO one of HMS' best defensive set ups.
I'd just like to interject here to say that Defence in HMS has reputation for being pretty rubbish mainly because the attack parts are so good with GFC (grip flat core) and GFCUV and because they are no properly rounded ARs (by this I mean round and smooth btw) in the whole of the HMS series. So that doesn't really surprise me.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-...pid1212269

People have easily placed in top three with bearing core II.
Kai-V, for example, has performed very well with defensive HMS
I never said it couldn't be done. It's just that defence is underpowered with HMS having such good attack type parts. th!nk btw also agreed with this notion.
Right, I agree that attack has far more options.
I must have misunderstood, I thought you were saying defense was rubbish in HMS all around.
Defence is pretty rubbish, for one word, though: lack of variety, and bearing core 2 can't take Metal change and metal flat not to mention it sometimes struggles with grip flat core ultimate version with samurai upper.
It also doesn't help that most people only have one Bearing Core 2, at best, so over time it's defense decreases with wear.
(Aug. 22, 2014  3:47 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: It also doesn't help that most people only have one Bearing Core 2, at best, so over time it's defense decreases with wear.

Beywiki seems to imply the opposite actually, it's surprising.
Oh dang you are right. With RDF its that way haha, so iassumed it was more or less the same.
Even though it's near identical compared to Bearing Grip Base, the more wear it has the better actually it is for Defense.
And yes, I do agree with the notion of Defense being carp in HMS.
Attack is amazing; and fun to boot.
If you don't master attack, you're screwed.
IT'S NOT CARP

It has fewer options, but it easily holds its own.
Tourney results prove it Serious
(Aug. 23, 2014  1:42 AM)BrioShield Wrote: IT'S NOT CARP

It has fewer options, but it easily holds its own.
Tourney results prove it Serious

But I'm sure some of the wins were caused by people that can't control GFC RCs.
So on Dragoon MSUV's BeyWiki Article, it says there's an "opposite sticker Version". I have no clue if there was one, or it's a factory defect of some sort. Dragoon MS and MSUV share the same Plastic Frame, therefore stickers are the same size. Could someone possibly just said that because they didn't know which sticker went to which Beyblade?
Anyone have any info on this?

Also about MSUV;
Was it released anywhere besides Japan?
I find it strange that Hasbro wouldn't make it; but would make two strange Beyblades that weren't even in Plastic gen, Thunder Dragon and Sea Dragon. Odd.
Any ideas of the name of the CWD for RBA Act 5 Black Dragoon MF?
Any competitive use?
It's called eternal Survivor iirc. Having never owned it I can only assume from the name it's free spinning.
Sorry got nothing else.
I've owned a black Dragoon MF in the past and i'm 90% sure it was a fixed CWD (despite the name implying otherwise). However after looking around I can't find any pictures of the CWD where you can see how it's attached to the metal part. The same CWD is also on with the red version of Dragoon MF so ask someone who owns them.
(Aug. 25, 2014  10:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: I've owned a black Dragoon MF in the past and i'm 90% sure it was a fixed CWD (despite the name implying otherwise). However after looking around I can't find any pictures of the CWD where you can see how it's attached to the metal part. The same CWD is also on with the red version of Dragoon MF so ask someone who owns them.

(Aug. 25, 2014  10:30 AM)Poseidon Wrote: It's called eternal Survivor iirc. Having never owned it I can only assume from the name it's free spinning.
Sorry got nothing else.

Thank you very much guys
I'll just buy it to make sure >.>
(Aug. 25, 2014  10:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: I've owned a black Dragoon MF in the past and i'm 90% sure it was a fixed CWD (despite the name implying otherwise). However after looking around I can't find any pictures of the CWD where you can see how it's attached to the metal part. The same CWD is also on with the red version of Dragoon MF so ask someone who owns them.

I own the black and the red Dragoon MF and neither of them are free spinning.
I noticed the RBA5's have random parts in it. Like for example; a Black Dragoon MF AR + Cross Survivor? WD + some Red RC. Does ot count as owning the actual Beyblades? Also, are they not mix matched parts, are they the actual ones you can get?
(Aug. 26, 2014  12:28 AM)Echizen Wrote: I noticed the RBA5's have random parts in it. Like for example; a Black Dragoon MF AR + Cross Survivor? WD + some Red RC. Does ot count as owning the actual Beyblades? Also, are they not mix matched parts, are they the actual ones you can get?

Hah, Random Booster Act 1-5 are all like that. Lol, you didn't know?
Only 5 Saints is actually a complete bey with right parts.
No, lol.

But as a collector, does it not have much value?
(Aug. 26, 2014  12:54 AM)Echizen Wrote: No, lol.

What do you mean? You have to buy more.
(Aug. 26, 2014  12:57 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  12:54 AM)Echizen Wrote: No, lol.

What do you mean? You have to buy more.

Like it's not the actual Beyblade, does that mean it's not worth as much?
You can get parts from each beyblade basically. Combinations May or may not have as much or a monetary value; like I got Circle Upper, Circle Wide and Dragoon MF RC which is a pretty good deal monetarily. Depends on what you get.