[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

I guess that this means that Dranzer MF will need some partial testing before an article is made? The Wing Attack CWD doesn't need any since it clearly blows but the bottom might be kinda useful. The attack ring probably has no use either. Getting anyone to test Dranzer MF is gonna be hard though.
(Feb. 22, 2012  11:40 PM)JBladerMS Wrote: Seriously, I want to know more about AeroKnight. Test it, Zain!

Hazel Excellent trolling. XD

He wasn't trolling! He was joking.. there's a difference haha

Alright I will test this baby out once my stadium arrives. Get ready for some underwhelming results, hell yeah!

I wouldn't say that for certain. Someone using a wobbling combo with Aero Knight's AR and Bearing Core won a tourney with it. There's very little info on wobbling combos generally.
How fast is the Grip Flat Core/Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode compared to RF/R2F?
I'm certain there are videos where GFC/UM is played against an RF.

You could check that out.
(Feb. 22, 2012  11:13 PM)Hazel Wrote: Test it until it breaks.

th!nk will buy you a new one.

Libruhhh

(Feb. 23, 2012  12:42 AM)Ultra Wrote: I guess that this means that Dranzer MF will need some partial testing before an article is made? The Wing Attack CWD doesn't need any since it clearly blows but the bottom might be kinda useful. The attack ring probably has no use either. Getting anyone to test Dranzer MF is gonna be hard though.

I should have the RC coming in that combo bey I won. Would be interesting to see what it does as a wobbler or something.

Parts ALWAYS need testing. ALWAYS. Stop saying otherwise! Yes, it probably blows, but you'd want t look at ways of fixing it in place or whatever, amongst other things. Honestly, I expected Dragon breaker+War Bear to have stupid recoil and be useless, and it's currently my favourite AR setup. NEVER EVER say "oh it doesn't need testing".

(Feb. 23, 2012  12:47 AM)Zain Wrote: He wasn't trolling! He was joking.. there's a difference haha

Alright I will test this baby out once my stadium arrives. Get ready for some underwhelming results, hell yeah!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
(Feb. 23, 2012  12:42 AM)Ultra Wrote: I guess that this means that Dranzer MF will need some partial testing before an article is made? The Wing Attack CWD doesn't need any since it clearly blows but the bottom might be kinda useful. The attack ring probably has no use either. Getting anyone to test Dranzer MF is gonna be hard though.

I can Test as soon as I receive my Dranzer MF from JR_Tiger.
I only have BB-10. If you can list out what I should test it against, I will as soon as I recieve it.

My other HMS Blades (Click to View)
Hey but isn't this Disscussion going a bit off-topic from Q&As ?
(Feb. 23, 2012  11:43 AM)BladingSpirit5 Wrote:

I can Test as soon as I receive my Dranzer MF from JR_Tiger.
I only have BB-10. If you can list out what I should test it against, I will as soon as I recieve it.

My other HMS Blades (Click to View)
Hey but isn't this Disscussion going a bit off-topic from Q&As ?

It's not too far, as I've asked questions about both, consider it answering me.

The thing with MF is that there are two different CWD's, the Wing one, and Reverse whatever, the latter one being good, the former being probably bad.

If you have the Wing CWD, try ficing it in place with samurai changer's RC, as shown in the Samurai Changer Article.

I'll leave the rest of the recommendations up to others :3

EDIT: While I'm here, I've already asked Ga this and got an answer, but just to be absolutely certain, is there any way to tell a 17g cwd piece from a normal one without scales?
If anyone has a 17g cwd part and a 15g, could you just try measuring them with a ruler for a difference, just in case? I'd appreciate it a lot.
Okay, sorry for double posting, but I'm full of questions and IDK but this seems pretty relevant:

The 15g circle wide, is it preferred over the 14g version for everything, or only certain things? I'd imagine, based on what we know from MFB and the fact the weight distro is probably not compromised, that it would be better for everything? If not, It'd be cool if someone could do 20 rounds of:

AR: Advance Survivor (Adv. Eterner)
WD: Circle Wide (15g)
RC: Bearing Core

Against the same, with a 14g Circle Wide, in opposite spin (obviously, flip the metal frame).

The reason for Advance survivor is that it is identical in either spin direction as long as you flip the metal frame, basically removing any extra variables.
very sorry for the n00b question, but what does CWD stand for? i know it's a weight disk with a special gimmick or something.
(Feb. 23, 2012  2:48 PM)JCx06 Wrote: very sorry for the n00b question, but what does CWD stand for? i know it's a weight disk with a special gimmick or something.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...ight_Disks Smile

My questions just to make sure they're seen, btw:
1. While I'm here, I've already asked Ga this and got an answer, but just to be absolutely certain, is there any way to tell a 17g cwd piece from a normal one without scales?
If anyone has a 17g cwd part and a 15g, could you just try measuring them with a ruler/calipers for a difference, just in case? I'd appreciate it a lot. Or even, like, look at the indentation depth and so on?

2. The 15g circle wide, is it preferred over the 14g version for everything, or only certain things?

and 3. Bearing Core 2, does it have any aggression to it, like SG (Bearing Ver. 2) does?
Lol I'm answering a question from th!nk. Never thought I'd see the day. XD

1. There is no visible difference. The 2g difference comes from the different metal, I think. Some are more dense than others. I only have the 15g now, lost the 17g.

2. Everything 14g can do, 15g can do better.

3. Yes. If it catches on to steep parts of the stadium, BC2 will move around a bit. The aggression increases as the sharp tip wears down too. BC2 is just like the one from Wolborg II IIRC.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/a/a...seRing.jpg This is the Starter CWD for Sea Dragon.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/4/4...seRing.JPG This is the Random Booster Act 2 CWD for Sea Dragon.

The metal looks the same, but the plastic is clearly different.

I am not sure how to feel about pointing something out to you that was in a link you just gave someone else...
Don't be too surprised, asking questions is how I learn :3

1. I'm hoping someone can try it with a ruler or scales or something, haha. I really doubt they'd alter the composition like that.

2. I figured. Thanks Smile

3. Hmmm... gives me some very vague ideas that I'm sure have failed before but yeah.
Actually Hazel, the plastic is a different CWD altogether.

Both have 17.6 CWD, but the first is Defense Ring while the second is Free Defense Ring, which is Secret Einstein MS' CWD.
The wiki's got it listed as coming with Sea Dragon, though, and my basic point was that you can tell them apart easily.

Unless you're saying that Sea Dragon from RBA2 can also come with a regular Defense Ring that is also 17g, in which case that would complicate idenfitication a bit, yes.
That is what I'm saying, lol.

Technically, there were 2 secret CWDs, one in RBA1 colored like Thunder Dragon for Wyvern DJ and one in RBA2 colored like Sea Dragon for Einstein. The regular Defense Ring (which is preferred over Free Defense anyways) is definitely 17.6g, and IIRC the secret vers. CWD is too.
(Feb. 24, 2012  2:18 AM)Hazel Wrote: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/a/a...seRing.jpg This is the Starter CWD for Sea Dragon.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/4/4...seRing.JPG This is the Random Booster Act 2 CWD for Sea Dragon.

The metal looks the same, but the plastic is clearly different.

I am not sure how to feel about pointing something out to you that was in a link you just gave someone else...

Generally, when you have to say something like that to me, you've misinterpreted my post, because I am not, in most cases, an idiot.

I'm talking about the metal part only, because they are interchangeable.

I was under the assumption that the RBA2 Sea Dragon only came with CWD Free Defense Ring, which did not help matters, haha!

At any rate, I believe I have one of those currently en route to my house...
Well, when you get it, break out the scales and rulers for me, old boy. Wink
I do not have a scale, though.

I do have a CWD Free Survivor....
No, you take the metal part out of the plastic, and measure that, haha. If I was sure that the defense ring would contain a 17.6g piece I'd have no problem, I wanna know if there is a measurable difference in dimensions between the two.

How do so many people cook without scales?
(Feb. 24, 2012  9:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: No, you take the metal part out of the plastic, and measure that, haha. If I was sure that the defense ring would contain a 17.6g piece I'd have no problem, I wanna know if there is a measurable difference in dimensions between the two.

How do so many people cook without scales?

In America, we cook by volume, not weight. Smile

I could measure the 15g piece, but someone else will have to do the 17g since I don't have one.

For anyone wondering what the other CWD that comes with Sea Dragon Looks like:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-2.htm

It's the yellow one with bolt like bits coming of it.