HALO REACH!!!!

So who else knows about the Defiant Map Pack? it looks epic Grin
my favorite,just from the description,is lands.
what link please come on i just got the noble map yesterday this sucks now i got to wait agin.
(Feb. 15, 2011  1:18 AM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: what link please come on i just got the noble map yesterday this sucks now i got to wait agin.

http://gamerant.com/halo-reach-defiant-m...-jc-66193/
and I am just going to skip the noble map pack...
nice my favorite part of the trailer is 1:46 to the end but i can already tell these way better.
The new maps have amazing looking skyboxes, especially Highlands and Condemned. Heck, Highlands looks awesome all around and I hope it plays just as well because Reach is in dire need of better BTB maps.
Both Boneyard and Spire were meant for Invasion and don't play well for anything else; Countdown shouldn't have been in BTB in the first place, it's way too small for 16 players; Paradiso will keep sucking until they somehow block access to the top and either remove or nerf the damn Banshee (the Tank doesn't help either). Hemorrhage got better since the Tank was removed and plays pretty good, just that it could use some more cover spread throughout the map so infantry doesn't get slaughtered as easily and maybe reduce the amount of ammo the Sniper holds (some spots need soft/hard kill volumes too because of Jetpackers). Boardwalk and Atom seem fine, but I haven't played those as much. Haven't purchased the Noble Map Pack yet, so I dunno how Tempest and Breakpoint play.

It's cool they're finally bringing some Firefight DLC into the mix, even if it's just one map. As it is right now, there're no good FF vehicle maps. Beachhead is the only map with vehicles at the start, but the terrain sucks for driving since it's so bumpy. Unearthed on the other hand, seems to be flatter and wider which should help with the driving. It's no Lost Platoon, but it should be good. Still, from the videos around, I've only spotted the Rocket Hog and nothing else. Dunno why they wouldn't include the default Hog as well and maybe even the Revenant, if only as a Covenant drop for us to jack. In the case of the Revenant, I'm guessing they're once again not including it because of the glitches involving it flying all over the place at the speed of light which generally ends in a suicide (c'mon Bungie, fix this). It'd be cool to use in FF though.
Would love to have a FF map in which the boss wave would be mostly vehicles, including Banshees, so you could engage in aerial combat using the Falcon against the Covenant.

I hope they have a price drop in the Noble Map Pack (probably too early) once the Defiant Map Pack releases, then maybe I'll get both. I passed on the Noble MP back when it came out since I haven't been playing much Reach competitive multiplayer in the past months, sticking mostly to FF and Forge.
The Noble Map Pack is great. Probably put in over 20 hours on those maps.
I really wish they would make the Noble pack free since none of my friends feel like shilling out money for Halo maps and don't play anymore. (Even though maps are much more important in Halo than any other online FPS I know of, certainly on consoles.)
erm do you guys know how to unlock Emiles helement? I am a commander grade 1 and me no see it :V anyway I really need a Xbox live ~_~
(Mar. 02, 2011  4:11 PM)Gloomy Wrote: erm do you guys know how to unlock Emiles helement? I am a commander grade 1 and me no see it :V anyway I really need a Xbox live ~_~

I think you need to purchase the default EVA helmet first for it to show up, not sure about the rank it requires. I'm a Colonel Grade 3 right now and I have it available for purchase, so you probably need to be around Colonel rank or so before you can buy it.

Anyone try the new "The Arena" playlist yet? The rating system didn't seem to chance much, but at least it's DMR starts and it's Armor Lock free. Evade + Sword/Shotgun is a pain in some maps though...
Yup,I had to buy the defualt EVA to get it,porbably why people though it was an upgrade of the EVA :\
Anyways Condemned looks like an awesome map,though I don't know why they put the UNSC skip battling the Convette or which ever one it is :\ the only thing that comes to mind is it's the Pilliar of autumn against the cruiser before it crashed on Installation 04 Uncertain(But I also saw that reach wasn't fully glassed)
But another thing I have noticed is a bunch of people wanting a sand box map :V
but I believe Reach doesn't have deserts so the best we are probably going to get is a dense forest.
just got defiant map pack just waiting to download at 98% so exiceted.
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:33 PM)Gloomy Wrote: Yup,I had to buy the defualt EVA to get it,porbably why people though it was an upgrade of the EVA :\
Anyways Condemned looks like an awesome map,though I don't know why they put the UNSC skip battling the Convette or which ever one it is :\ the only thing that comes to mind is it's the Pilliar of autumn against the cruiser before it crashed on Installation 04 Uncertain(But I also saw that reach wasn't fully glassed)
But another thing I have noticed is a bunch of people wanting a sand box map :V
but I believe Reach doesn't have deserts so the best we are probably going to get is a dense forest.

Someone has clearly forgotten about the scene with what looks like 10,000 Warthogs driving through the desert.
Anyone do Infection? I make some sick maps... I'm Justustify request me.
Oh sick, this thread has been revived. This is pretty much my first fps so I'm pretty horrible but getting better !
I just ranked to captain :] Looking for people to play with or to do anything with in general so add me but PM me beforehand with your GT so I know who you are. My gamertag is RiiZaR.

Infection, you say?
I got a Fat Kid map locked and loaded, along with my first Infection map, which Zombies have no chance on...
But anyone interested, just PM me, and I'm going to amass tons of people, then play either my Splatter Ramp map, or my Fat Kid.
Still, on the subject... I'm a Major Rank 3, almost a Lt. Colonel. As soon as I rank up... Hello black visor!