HALO REACH!!!!

How many times can you guys wait for the exact same Halo games, just with different titles?

I'm not too familiar with the Halo series, but is there anything different gameplay-wise in this game than in any of the other Halo games?
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:41 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:39 AM)Elmo Wrote: It takes so many more shots to kill a player, which I like.

Honestly, I liked CoD more than Halo because you could kill a person without emptying your clip.

But, to each their own.

.... Aim for the head Tongue_out

I beat this ladt week. I got this from CEX as preowned and ive already done campain.
Multiplayer is the buisiness. Love how a little bad kid can shoot you one and you can turn around and out DMR him.

Gutted that there seem to me no rankings. Im confused as to how im supposed to get my 50.
Wooooooo! Can't wait for halo reach. Hope it's gonna be awesome. My bro pre-ordered it so i think it's supposed to come with a in game accessory or something.
(Sep. 14, 2010  5:00 PM)Dude Wrote: How many times can you guys wait for the exact same Halo games, just with different titles?

I'm not too familiar with the Halo series, but is there anything different gameplay-wise in this game than in any of the other Halo games?

Online multiplayer was completly overhauled, there's a completely new campaign, new weapons, and matchmaking for firefight. Other than that, they made major upgrades to things that already existed, such as Forge (the map maker) and the graphics.
Legendary is actually hard now! Daegor42 and I spent around 5 hours going through the first 5 levels =/
(Sep. 14, 2010  5:00 PM)Dude Wrote: How many times can you guys wait for the exact same Halo games, just with different titles?

Way to come out swinging the troll club and then quickly back peddle to make it look like you weren't trying to be a douche.
Mate of mine made this kinda carp but still one of the first vids up
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeganPlox
(Sep. 15, 2010  6:50 PM)Roan Wrote: Way to come out swinging the troll club and then quickly back peddle to make it look like you weren't trying to be a douche.

Weren't you the person who said we shouldn't be name calling? Tongue_out
(Sep. 15, 2010  7:09 PM)BlankShot Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2010  6:50 PM)Roan Wrote: Way to come out swinging the troll club and then quickly back peddle to make it look like you weren't trying to be a douche.

Weren't you the person who said we shouldn't be name calling? Tongue_out

I am, but I'm also not afraid to call things as I see them.

Well, that's a way of putting it, but mainly, those new additions he mentionned aren't that impressive. I dunno, it just seems like there are a lot of better shooters. It just didn't seem really necessary to say anything, seeing how he or anyone around probably doesn't agree Uncertain But I really wasn't trying to be a douche. It just seems...off that these games all look alike and yet there's always the same hype. Just like the Final Fantasy franchise, I guess.

Also, the troll club? XD
If you play the games, you will realize a huge difference between them. Not just graphics, maps and etc. Actual game play.

From Halo 2 to Halo 3, the biggest things were I think, dual weapon wielding, new campaign, weapon boosts/nerfs, forge mode (map editor) and theres more that I am not exactly sure of. From Halo 3 to reach, all new game modes, more customisation, no more dual wielding, weapons have been boosted/nerfed, armor abillities (jetpacks, sprint, armor lock), etc, new campaign, new firefight + extra modes, etc etc. The list goes on for a while.
It is pretty unfair for me to say the game doesn't improve while I haven't played. Guess I'll have to rent it, or something.

Shouldn't it be from Halo 3 to Halo OSDT? Uncertain
ODST isn't a mainline game in the series. It was more of an expansion or "epilogue" of sorts to Halo 3.

Reach is technically a prequel in the overall timeline, but advances the game play forward quite a bit from Halo 3.
Finished my 2 player Legendary Co-op run yesterday. Legendary truly kicks your carp, I died over 10 times on most levels. The odds will be against you in many of the encounters, which really makes it feel like you're fighting a losing battle and that there's nothing you can do to prevent Reach from eventually falling.

Elites are amazing to fight against. Thank god for all the Plasma Pistols the Grunts drop, PP overcharge then headshot saves a lot of ammo.
Skirmishers are sneaky bastards too, gotta take 'em out fast before they surprise flank you.

Gonna do a few more runs for easter eggs and some achievements, then I'll probably start a solo Legendary run.
doesnt Master chief make a brief appearence in the campeign for reach?
(Sep. 16, 2010  5:41 PM)Leonwind Wrote: doesnt Master chief make a brief appearence in the campeign for reach?

Nope this is all done while he is asleep on the pillar of autumn.

Also anyone else hear the references made to ODST squad members during the game? I was playing 8th mission earlier when BUCK was mentioned on the com channel.
(Sep. 16, 2010  10:58 PM)Newt Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2010  5:41 PM)Leonwind Wrote: doesnt Master chief make a brief appearence in the campeign for reach?
Nope this is all done while he is asleep on the pillar of autumn.
Exactly.
oh so freakin awesome. ironicly, my bro just showed me that vid right before i read your post
and yes, Buck is in reach campeign. Very happy bout that =D

They should have put Arby's voice in Firefight too..

Anyone know if there is anything special about the Legendary ending for Halo: Reach?
the halo games is the only reason why i want a xbox no offence but im more with ps3
Halo Reach rocks man This is not a joke I play it at my friends and it was fun.By the way metalfight ps3 sucks because the playstaions move copy the wii and kinect.The kinect is going to be awsome!
(Oct. 01, 2010  4:53 AM)dragoon120 Wrote: Halo Reach rocks man This is not a joke I play it at my friends and it was fun.By the way metalfight ps3 sucks because the playstaions move copy the wii and kinect.The kinect is going to be awsome!

Don't turn this thread into a console war thread please.

Related note I beat legendary solo and I've only got 2achievements left to get for the full 1000. Both require me ranking up so it's time to start hammering matchmaking methinks Smile
*Campaign Spoiler*
I have to say, the way noble six dies is quite epic. He takes out like what, 3-4 elites which all have swords, using only an ar and a magnum.

Anyone know what happned to Jun? It doesnt show him dieing, or make any mention of him in Halo 1-3.
*End Spoiler*
its not really a spoiler anymore. plus even before the game came out it wasnt a spoiler. everybody knew the ending because in order for it to be canon to the Halo series, ALMOST EVERY SPARTAN DIES, except for chief and then i think you found survivors in halo 2...i dont know, i have only really played parts of 1 and 2, and all of 3 & ODST & Reach

according to the Legandary edition commentary, Jun is alive. however, no other information is currently avaliable at this time on weather or not he will make a reappearance in any media
imma gonna miss Bungie Crying