HALO REACH!!!!

Tittle says it all! Only 2 days away now! Lets start praising and anticipating people!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
I KNOW RIGHT ZOMG I AM GONNA BE AT GAMESTOP TILL 12 Grin ITS GONNA BE EPIC
My friend wanted to do the midnight release thing, but decided not to for some reason... I'll just pick my copy up after class on Tuesday (so around noonish) because it's honestly not worth losing sleep over if I'm gonna be doing it alone.
Hahaha! Im really looking forward to getting this! Weve pre-ordered it and were gonna pick the copy up from GameStation and Tuesday Grin The Beta was great which made me look forward to the actual game release
(Sep. 11, 2010  6:14 AM)BlankShot Wrote: My friend wanted to do the midnight release thing, but decided not to for some reason... I'll just pick my copy up after class on Tuesday (so around noonish) because it's honestly not worth losing sleep over if I'm gonna be doing it alone.

dont do that. why not just preorder the game and pick it up at your local gamestop, if you have one?
(Sep. 11, 2010  1:09 PM)Leonwind Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2010  6:14 AM)BlankShot Wrote: My friend wanted to do the midnight release thing, but decided not to for some reason... I'll just pick my copy up after class on Tuesday (so around noonish) because it's honestly not worth losing sleep over if I'm gonna be doing it alone.

dont do that. why not just preorder the game and pick it up at your local gamestop, if you have one?

I already have. I actually did it before my friend proposed to go to a midnight release, and then considered cancelling my pre-order so I don't waste my money. Luckily, that idea went down the drain, so I'm all set for picking it up after my class on Tuesday

Also, what edition are you guys getting? I'm getting the Limited edition because I want the extras, but I don't want the Legendary edition statue because I'll look at it fondly for about a week, then treat it as an oversized paperweight afterwards.
limited. i have to save up for COD Black Ops Hardened edition, SW:FU2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and the new Zelda game.
I got my friend to preorder Halo: Reach for me!
I'm gonna buy it tommorrow right after school Grin
Halo:Reach is officially out in Portugal and in the UK (I think?) as of now.

My Halo:Reach 360 should be here in a few hours... Too much awesomeness! Eee
4 hours left for Eastern Standard Time. So siched!
The next to post a countdown will be warned.
WOOOO 4 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES LEFT FOR CST

jkjk

But srsly though, the commentators on machinima and such already have the game and have posted multiplayer games. The final product looks sweet. They added a new loadout called Hologram that sends off a doppelganger. I borrowed Halo 3 over the weekend from a friend to get the feel of playing the game. It takes so many more shots to kill a player, which I like. The DMR and Needle Rifle are sweet.
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:39 AM)Elmo Wrote: It takes so many more shots to kill a player, which I like.

Honestly, I liked CoD more than Halo because you could kill a person without emptying your clip.

But, to each their own.
I like CoD for sure, which is why I had 23 days played on it. The premise of Halo is much, much better than CoD, however. Halo puts an emphasis on teamwork, and you get rewarded with a win for having good teamwork. CoD, however, rewards you for the amount of kills you get. And although kills are fun (I had a modest 1.75 KD in MW2), teamwork and the win are definitely more important. That's partially why I only played CoD with at least 1 friend.
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:39 AM)Elmo Wrote: The DMR and Needle Rifle are sweet.

Needle Rifle is poop. DMR is good though.

Also, I like Halo's campaigns more because they feel so much more epic. I also like Halo's Firefight for the same reason (and HELLO FIREFIGHT MATCHMAKING! WHERE WERE YOU IN ODST!?!?). However online multiplayer goes to CoD, but not MW2 because no dedicated servers = fail.
MW2 servers weren't that bad... Gears 2 makes MW2 look amazing in terms of host advantage. The matchmakings was a little frustrating sometimes with a full party, but we eventually got into a lobby. The problem with MW2 was clearly the noob tubes, OMA, Danger Close, and Commando. In Halo, nothing seems too overpowered, except maybe the nade spamming.

Oh yeah, and the UMP45 and practically every assault rifle bar the F2000 were pretty OP. No recoil??
(Sep. 14, 2010  2:06 AM)Elmo Wrote: MW2 servers weren't that bad... Gears 2 makes MW2 look amazing in terms of host advantage. The matchmakings was a little frustrating sometimes with a full party, but we eventually got into a lobby. The problem with MW2 was clearly the noob tubes, OMA, Danger Close, and Commando. In Halo, nothing seems too overpowered, except maybe the nade spamming.

Oh yeah, and the UMP45 and practically every assault rifle bar the F2000 were pretty OP. No recoil??

Dude. I have a group and some nights we have to call it quits before we can get 3 games in because we always get dropped because of excessive "servers timing out" or "client host overflow" or some other bullpoop like that. Also, Noobtubes in MW2 are as OP as Normal nades in the reach beta. I hope they made them weaker. Also the Tar-21 had quite a bit of recoil in comparison to other assault rifles.

Also, there were MANY MANY BROKEN THINGS with MW2's multiplayer. Too many for a non-beta game. The most recent one being the fact that you can go in that rock in Fuel.
(Sep. 14, 2010  2:15 AM)BlankShot Wrote: Dude. I have a group and some nights we have to call it quits before we can get 3 games in because we always get dropped because of excessive "servers timing out" or "client host overflow" or some other bullpoop like that. Also, Noobtubes in MW2 are as OP as Normal nades in the reach beta. I hope they made them weaker. Also the Tar-21 had quite a bit of recoil in comparison to other assault rifles.

Also, there were MANY MANY BROKEN THINGS with MW2's multiplayer. Too many for a non-beta game. The most recent one being the fact that you can go in that rock in Fuel.
I suppose the bad servers was an outside-of-the-U.S. problem. I haven't played the Reach beta, but I have heard that nade spamming was indeed an issue. I can't tell if the damage of the nades has been reduced from the commentaries that I have seen though (i.e. Seananners and Hutch lol). Yeah, MW2 was just an overall mistake... I'll be happy to leave it for Halo tomorrow.
Halo's multiplayer server is currently the best. plus it has people who moniter matches so people who use lag switches dont stay on for to long. hehehe

COD has a well, less then good one, but not horrible. it could be much better than it currently is

Gears...i think i am getting sick all over agian
IT IS HERE! I AM GONNA PICK UP MY COPY RIGHT AFTER SCHOOL!!! =D
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:41 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:39 AM)Elmo Wrote: It takes so many more shots to kill a player, which I like.

Honestly, I liked CoD more than Halo because you could kill a person without emptying your clip.

But, to each their own.

Exact same reason why I like CoD way more.
But I got Halo 3 and played ODST so if Reach is as good as everyone says it is, I might consider getting it.
(Sep. 14, 2010  11:37 AM)Leonwind Wrote: IT IS HERE! I AM GONNA PICK UP MY COPY RIGHT AFTER SCHOOL!!! =D

Wait... so you were counting down to the midnight release, and DIDN'T pick it up then? What was the point to the countdown then? I mean besides increasing your post count.

I can't wait though, in 2 or 3 hours I'll have my copy in my hands, and hopefully in my console. I'm kinda peeved though because in my haste to get to class, I forgot my pre-order receipt on my desk, so now I have to go home before I pick up my copy Unhappy