Guitar Hero

SereneCrimson Wrote:*sigh*
I should have never played Medium.

sure.. I unlocked all the songs and played them through (so I knew all of them, and got a ton of easy cash)
But I completely threw off my timing, I'm having SO much trouble on Hard songs now.
since I'm so used to only 4-notes and such a slower speed.

Now that I'm back on Hard mode... ugh, I'm sucking.

When I get it, should I start off on Hard?
Tamer Brad Wrote:When I get it, should I start off on Hard?

Yeah, I'd suggest doing so just for the fact that you'd be playing with 5 frets from the start.
the jump from Medium to Hard can be difficult because you have to get used to using the 5th fret.

The only thing I use medium for is learning the songs at a slower pace and earning a ton of cash to buy new guitars and the bonus songs.
BUT, theres a practice mode where you can play any song in-full on any difficutly. without a life-bar to worry about AND you can slow the song down if you need to. So that takes care of learning the song.

The only thing you'd miss out is the money gained through Medium career.

On another note:
http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/profile/233171
Theres my profile on GuitarHero.com. it hasn't yet updated with my Career progress, but it shows my recently played songs + their score. I'm going to try and work on Rock 'N roll all nite
My friend got GH: III the other day. Unfortunatly, I haven't played it, but the videos I've seen and my a couple of my friends' throbbing left hands seem to be proof that the game is pretty epic (They beat it on Hard). Anyone up for Through Fire and Flames on Expert xD
God I love this game... HO's/PO's are so much easier on GH-III that it's not even funny. "One" totally kicked my carp on expert the first time too... It's so easy and straightforward for like 6 minutes, and then boom, a lookalike of the solo from Jordan just hits you.

Also, my girlfriend gets so pissed that we sit and play this all the time when we have like 3 real guitars in the house. XD
Beowulf Wrote:God I love this game... HO's/PO's are so much easier on GH-III that it's not even funny. "One" totally kicked my carp on expert the first time too... It's so easy and straightforward for like 6 minutes, and then boom, a lookalike of the solo from Jordan just hits you.

Also, my girlfriend gets so pissed that we sit and play this all the time when we have like 3 real guitars in the house. XD

Guitar is more fun when you have instruments and vocals backing you up Grin
Katashi Wrote:
Beowulf Wrote:God I love this game... HO's/PO's are so much easier on GH-III that it's not even funny. "One" totally kicked my carp on expert the first time too... It's so easy and straightforward for like 6 minutes, and then boom, a lookalike of the solo from Jordan just hits you.

That's really the thing though... we have a drum set, a bass, and one of our best friends sings. We basicaly have a whole band that can come at any given time, yet we play a video game about having a band, which she views as stupid. I know she totally plays when I'm not around though... XD
Beowulf Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

That's really the thing though... we have a drum set, a bass, and one of our best friends sings. We basicaly have a whole band that can come at any given time, yet we play a video game about having a band, which she views as stupid. I know she totally plays when I'm not around though... XD

lol. I want to be part of a band so bad (I play drums btw. Not perfect but I play). The trick is finding guitarists actually interested in doing so.
Quote:Through Fire and Flames on Expert xD

I barely got by in Medium for that song x.x
G Wrote:
Quote:Through Fire and Flames on Expert xD

I barely got by in Medium for that song x.x

My friends can do it on Hard, but it takes them a couple tries. It was kinda funny, though, one of them's hand went numb midway through the song but he was still able to hit almost all the notes through the solo.
Psh.. carp this. GH3 is great and all..
But nothing beats ROCK BAND. I was in Best Buy for 2 hours playing Rock Band with other random people dumb enough to stand there for 2 hours with me.

I own at The Hives song, which I can't remember the name of.
I finally played GHIII today. I actually got better in the time I DIDN'T play GHII. I mean, I can do songs on Normal with somewhat ease and pretty much four-star any easy. My favorite songs to play are "Paint It, Black", "Miss Murder", and "Mississippi Queen". Gah, I have Through the Fire and the Flames stuck in my head....
so i have been playing the demo lately

medium is so hard for me its impossible to describe, and while i love majority of The Metal for its easy first 7/10ths and <3 Tenacious D but god damn the ending carp kicks my carp
sam Wrote:so i have been playing the demo lately

medium is so hard for me its impossible to describe, and while i love majority of The Metal for its easy first 7/10ths and <3 Tenacious D but god damn the ending carp kicks my carp

Wait, you're having trouble with a song on easy?

XD
Roan Wrote:
sam Wrote:so i have been playing the demo lately

Wait, you're having trouble with a song on easy?

XD

Can't we all remember a time when that happened for us too? I can, anyway... XD
i've never played guitar hero before this EVER. i am using a controller. i just started playing like yesterday.

every other song i get like 97-99 percent.

and its only the ending. its carp stupid.
sam Wrote:i've never played guitar hero before this EVER. i am using a controller. i just started playing like yesterday.

every other song i get like 97-99 percent.

and its only the ending. its carp stupid.

That's too high. Start playing on a higher difficulty. You shouldn't be doing that well.
Wow, the fact that you're using a normal controller and still having trouble with a song on easy makes it that much more laughable.
Why even bother playing Guitar Hero without the guitar? I'm completely serious.
its a demo brad.

im not going to buy a controller for a demo.

besides im waiting for rock band.

and everytime i play medium it owns me, i get like 70 percent or something carp.

and is the controller easier? it feels pretty hard to me lol.
Quote:its a demo brad.

it's GUITAR hero sam.

the game isn't forcing itself into your system.
Tamer Brad Wrote:

it's GUITAR hero sam.

Yes it is.

Somehow I did Medium with a regular controller before I got the full game, and got like 93%-95%. But hell thus why the name Guitar Hero. You need a GUITAR. Which is why I bought the full carp.
Tamer Brad Wrote:

it's GUITAR hero sam.

no

i wanted to try it out since i am getting rock band and from what i know the gh3 guitar doesnt work with rock band so im not going to buy a guitar for it

i just wanted to play it and have some fun while waiting for rock band
playing with a controller is not going to give you a fair perspective of what this game is about, that's why i would advise against it
sam Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

it's GUITAR hero sam.

no

i wanted to try it out since i am getting rock band and from what i know the gh3 guitar doesnt work with rock band so im not going to buy a guitar for it

i just wanted to play it and have some fun while waiting for rock band

actually its the reverse

gh3 ----> rock band, but not rock band -------> gh3
Not to mention that when using a normal controller you don't even have to strum.

Strumming adds a whole new depth to GH.

And btw, the GH3 controller WILL work with RB, but the RB controller won't with any of the GH games. Wink