[Guide]  theflightyellz's guide to fakes and searching.

(Jul. 15, 2010  1:56 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: I also still don't get why some are fake even thought they're the same=(
If you got a fake beyblade can you use it in a touney?

They're not the same. Build quality is drastically lower than anything you'd get made by Hasbro, SonoKong, or Takara Tomy. Also, I'd question the paint used for the tops on the bootlegs as I feel they could have something that rhymes with bed.

As for tournament play, bootlegs aren't allowed.
(Jul. 15, 2010  3:28 PM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: What if hasbro made it?

Hasbro is a licensed manufacturer, so it's fine.
Where do you guys buy your beyblades?
Also does anyone know how to fix a Left spin String launcher?
But what's the difference? the parts? the plastics? what's so different? so many questions!
(Jul. 15, 2010  3:35 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: Where do you guys buy your beyblades?
Also does anyone know how to fix a Left spin String launcher?

There are threads for both of those questions.
(Jul. 15, 2010  3:42 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: So do you order online?

Well if you're Canadian Zellers, WalMart, TRU, Toys Toys Toys(it's pretty expensive here) if you are American WalMart, TRU and if you're European than you'll have to wait till August.
Where might i find TRU and Toys Toys Toys in Toronto?
(Jul. 15, 2010  3:37 PM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: But what's the difference? the parts? the plastics? what's so different? so many questions!

The quality of the metal as well as plastic are often times incredibly cheap (ie. poor build quality). But that shouldn't be what makes you not want to buy bootlegs. The people making these are simply thieves making a buck off of other people's work. Often times the bootleg makers simply use stolen molds of parts they've gotten from Hasbro, or Takara Tomy plants as re-engineering something is super expensive and outside of the reach of most bootleggers.

For Transformers the bootleggers were so bad that there's molds that neither Hasbro, nor Takara Tomy have anymore because their remaining ones were stolen (mind you, this was in the 90's) to make bootlegs to this very day. That's not something I'd support.

(Jul. 15, 2010  4:17 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: Where might i find TRU and Toys Toys Toys in Toronto?

Dude, that's a pretty brutal post. You're in the biggest city in the country, and have an internet connection. Toysrus.ca has a store locator I believe.
All you need to know is that if it has the Official WBBA sticker its real
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember the good ol' days when i got fakes from the ice cream truck
(Jul. 15, 2010  4:17 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: Where might i find TRU and Toys Toys Toys in Toronto?

Toys Toys Toys is located in downtown Toronto Eaton Centre or Vaughn Mills as for TRU check Dufferin Malls or Vaughn Mills that's all the places I can think for TRU at the moment
(Jul. 15, 2010  10:44 PM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Toys Toys Toys is located in downtown Toronto Eaton Centre or Vaughn Mills as for TRU check Dufferin Malls or Vaughn Mills that's all the places I can think for TRU at the moment
You should not have answered him. That question was bad, and showed exaggerated laziness which we cannot encourage.
Sorry i searched on Google and for TRU there was only schools and toys toys toys is results i have no idea about.
(Jul. 16, 2010  3:39 AM)Crabby114 Wrote: Sorry i searched on Google and for TRU there was only schools and toys toys toys is results i have no idea about.

TRU=ToysRUS if you don't know what this is then well forget about buying Beyblades
(Jul. 16, 2010  12:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2010  10:44 PM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Toys Toys Toys is located in downtown Toronto Eaton Centre or Vaughn Mills as for TRU check Dufferin Malls or Vaughn Mills that's all the places I can think for TRU at the moment
You should not have answered him. That question was bad, and showed exaggerated laziness which we cannot encourage.

Sorry Kai-V I forgot the new thing about not answering spam
Sry i never know TRU=ToysRUsPinching_eyes_2
Um i was just wondering..... What if the box has both Takara Tomy and Sono Kong on the bottom right.
Would that be fake or real?
(Jul. 16, 2010  2:22 PM)Crabby114 Wrote: Um i was just wondering..... What if the box has both Takara Tomy and Sono Kong on the bottom right.
Would that be fake or real?

Real. Sono Kong Beyblade products do have the Takara Tomy logo as well.

Ellz, do you mind updating the guide to include Hasbro as a company selling official Beyblades. This might not be so clear or obvious to some.
im a victim to fake beyblades they got jammed and im outta 15 bucks since i bought one for my cousins and one for myself 5 bucks each
(Jul. 19, 2010  12:30 AM)metalfight Wrote: im a victim to fake beyblades they got jammed and im outta 15 bucks since i bought one for my cousins and one for myself 5 bucks each

Well research before you buy, that's your mistake we can't help you with that were not the Cyber Police(LOL you'll get this cruel but a little funny joke from Youtube)
(Jul. 19, 2010  3:26 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2010  12:30 AM)metalfight Wrote: im a victim to fake beyblades they got jammed and im outta 15 bucks since i bought one for my cousins and one for myself 5 bucks each

Well research before you buy, that's your mistake we can't help you with that were not the Cyber Police(LOL you'll get this cruel but a little funny joke from Youtube)

Yeah we can't backtrack it for ya
You just Dun Goofed off by not doing the research
i bought them at a store but not online no wonder it was on sale lol they had takara too i was just too stupid to notice the takara ones and but found them kinda expensive 20 bucks
and i just started buying beyblades again that time
(Jul. 19, 2010  3:26 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Well research before you buy, that's your mistake we can't help you with that were not the Cyber Police(LOL you'll get this cruel but a little funny joke from Youtube)

is it really necessary to make fun of me?
WOW! Even Yahoo! Japan Auctions have plenty of those bootleg GG Beys:
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r68457311

This one:
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h143756488

has 3 real ones, and the rest are fake.

TT Hongli made the bootlegs for the Bakuten Shoot ones.

I wish these bootlegs would just stop, as they not only are poorly made, but just wrong.
(Jul. 20, 2010  8:15 PM)metalfight Wrote: i bought them at a store but not online no wonder it was on sale lol they had takara too i was just too stupid to notice the takara ones and but found them kinda expensive 20 bucks
and i just started buying beyblades again that time
(Jul. 19, 2010  3:26 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Well research before you buy, that's your mistake we can't help you with that were not the Cyber Police(LOL you'll get this cruel but a little funny joke from Youtube)

is it really necessary to make fun of me?

I wasn't making fun of you I just made a reference to a video, if I was going to make fun of you it would be a lot more cruel, I thought I could get a laugh from you since you were a little down. Also what store did you go to that had Takara Tomys and what part of the world do you live in?
(Jul. 20, 2010  9:40 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: WOW! Even Yahoo! Japan Auctions have plenty of those bootleg GG Beys:
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r68457311

This one:
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h143756488

has 3 real ones, and the rest are fake.

TT Hongli made the bootlegs for the Bakuten Shoot ones.

I wish these bootlegs would just stop, as they not only are poorly made, but just wrong.

Just to clarify none of the Beyblade are real in both the auctions. You can't really stop anyone from making fakes, that's like telling everyone we should have world peace, it's nearly impossible.
Are these stadiums considered Takara Tomy or are they fake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kabt2B9hC6o
um i went on vacation to edmonton alberta and i visited this store in the west edmonton mall called comex hobby
and i live in the toronto area in ontario canada i dont know any stores that sell takara beyblades in toronto though
oops. Well I saw 3 of them have the actual Metal Fight Beyblade logo on them in Japanese, but...i guess my eyes slipped and didn't see the GG on them.